Back to Inclusive Leadership: The Power of Workplace Diversity

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Inclusive Leadership: The Power of Workplace Diversity by University of Colorado System

Do you want to promote diversity and inclusion? This course will empower and equip you to develop inclusive cultures where everyone feels valued and respected. You will learn how highly inclusive leaders from around the world use processes of social influence to interact effectively with individuals from a wide variety of backgrounds. You will deepen your understanding of the benefits of diversity. And, you will explore a wealth of perspectives and practices to help you to reap those benefits. This course is for current or aspiring leaders in ANY type of workplace, in ANY leadership role - a CEO of a corporation, a head of a department, a manager of a workgroup, a team leader, a chair of a committee, you name it! Course highlights include studying signature traits of inclusive leadership (based on global research), strengthening self-awareness, developing your communication skills, and improving your ability to help others feel a strong sense of belonging. Course content covers traditional and timely topics -- from listening, feedback, and collaboration, to privilege, implicit bias, microaggressions, and micro-affirmations. The instructor for this course is nationally recognized educator, leader, and public speaker, Dr. Brenda J. Allen (Communication Professor Emerita). Dr. Allen is a retired Chief Diversity Officer who offers highly-rated workshops, consultations, and presentations on topics such as inclusive leadership, racial equity, strategic planning, respect in the workplace, and diversity recruitment/retention practices. She has a proven ability for explaining complex and sensitive topics in non-threatening ways. She clearly explains concepts and offers compelling real-life examples - including her own experiences....

EM
Apr 23, 2021

Even though I am not a leader or have not been a leader, this course has contributed to me a lot. I am sure that I shall be able to use all the information I learned in this course, in my social life.

RH
Apr 19, 2021

It's a very interesting course and relevant to workplace diversity to create a competitive advantage for any organization. Personally, I feel enlightened and equipped to be a highly inclusive leader.

101 - 125 of 504 Reviews for Inclusive Leadership: The Power of Workplace Diversity

By Akshay C R

Jun 13, 2021

The course was full of insights. It Gave me a brand new perception on Inclusion and how to be an inclusive leader. This course was also helpful for me in expanding my understanding on several small nuances that the non-dominant member faces and how they're knowingly/unknowingly disregarded by the dominant member. Overall it was an informative journey throughout the course.

By Camila P

May 16, 2021

Very enlightening and resourceful. I enjoyed every minute of it, even when I had a little notion about some topics, there was something new to learn. Professor Brenda J. Allen made learning fun and easy, teaching every subject along with examples and recommendations. The required and recommended material is very interesting and educational. This course is 100% recommended.

By nageswara r g

May 12, 2021

It is really a wonderful course which is designed to learn and develop leadership qualities and how we can become a successful leader where we don't have any biases and prejudices. Nowadays we need to work in multicultural environment where we need to have cultural intelligence. I can say undoubtedly this course takes us to a new world and makes us global leaders.

By Alfred E

Apr 26, 2021

This course was very informative. It will benefit anyone not only in the workplace but also in daily living. Dr. Brenda J Allen was excellent as facilitator and instructor of the course. Her life's experiences were valuable in making the subject matter relatable to real life. Thank you to Dr. Brenda J Allen and to Colorado University and Coursera Learning

By Laura M

May 16, 2021

This course is the first step in changing the directions and creating a new line of work. It was difficult at times like learning a new language. Trying to navigate the website was a challenge but I was determined to push forward and complete the course on time.

It has been a life changing experience and I look forward to taking many more courses.

By Jay V V

May 10, 2021

i have learned so much for this wonderful course about how to become an Inclusive Leader in the workplace of Diversity. That are so much gems that you can keep and treasure in many aspects of life and this is not only limited in the workplace. This is also applicable to any type of relationship. Thank you so much for putting all of this together.

By Susan B

May 14, 2021

Excellent course. I gained so much knowledge, and achieved my goal (to shine a light on my blind spots), In addition, I filled those spots with learnings that are very applicable in the workplace. The instructor was fantastic! She used stories to ground the learning. Thank you Brenda J. Allen. So very worthwhile and highly recommended.

By Marta R

Apr 26, 2021

Dr. Allen is a brilliant instructor who has made me feel respected and valued with her natural and inclusive language, and she did it through a screen! I am immensely grateful for everything that I have learned from Dr. Allen, and I specially thank her for encouraging me to reflect on my own ways of communication and implicit biases.

By Kathryn S J

Nov 12, 2021

This course was incredible. The content was intentional and challenging. What I appreciate the most was Dr. Allen's engaging, direct, and thought-provoking videos. I deepened my understanding of both leadership and inclusion, reflected on my own journey, and developed a new lens for how I show up in the world. I highly recommend!

By Iman B

May 24, 2021

Dr. Allen provided thought provoking prompts and discussion boards. Inclusion is an ever growing need particularly in the workplace as people identify in a multitude of areas now. This a worthwhile course as a stand-alone learning or larger training for anyone needing ideas on how to be committed to inclusion in the workplace.

By Elisa N C

May 22, 2021

Amazing and open minded course! Thank you so much. I found an excellent opportunity to start learning about inclusive leadership and I'm applying new skills in my work. Also, I'm discovering new ideas in my mind! The course is very well organized. It has interesting information, articles and videos. Every element has a sense!

By MA G Q

May 20, 2021

Thank you to Prof./Dr. Brenda J. Allen for sharing her expertise in Inclusive Leadership: The Power of Workplace Diversity...I learned a lot especially the six signature traits of a leader and inclusivity in the workplace...I am applying it now with my colleagues. Again, Thank you and God Bless you Prof. Brenda Allen.

By DIAN C

May 18, 2021

The course was very enjoyable and explained in detail during the 4 week meeting. Easy to understand because the examples given actually exist in real life. Hopefully more and more people will realize the importance of inclusion in the workplace and hopefully I can apply the knowledge I got from this course. Thank you.

By Chaitali W

May 6, 2021

Learnt a lot and realise there is so much to learn in so many different aspects.

How things change according to race, religion, colour, sexual preferences. I strongly believe creating an inclusive environment will help us grow more. I will keep learning as this program has motivated me to study this subject deeper.

By Cebolenkosi S

May 12, 2021

This is an applicable course especially for todays leaders who live in a global village and face multicultural and other social dynamics daily and need to cope with all. It is an essential course that all leaders both young and old and from whatever social status or tribe race or religion should consider taking.

By David G

Apr 29, 2021

Professor Allen does an outstanding job of presenting the benefits of diversity and inclusion in the workplace. I especially enjoyed the lessons about privilege and microaggressions. The examples given were quite effective in reinforcing the learning material. I highly recommend this course. Thanks so much.

By Vanya s

Apr 24, 2021

It was a great experience throughout and all thanks to coursera and my professor too who gave me all the information regarding leadership ..Well at first i didn't think that leadership is such a diverse topic but at times and with consistency i got to know a lot ..loved it ..really informative and knowledgeable

By Matt H

May 31, 2021

I thoroughly enjoyed the material covered in this course and believe that Dr. Allen does a magnificent job breaking down and explaining all of the concepts. She consistently provides research to support the information she gives and provides a variety of readings that emphasize the importance of the concepts.

By Koledoye M O

Apr 18, 2021

This course is an eye opener. Highly educative and great exposition. A lot of things we overlook in the workplace but matters so much to both the employees, the employers and the organization itself.

This course is loaded. Thank you to everyone that put this together especially to the instruction, Prof. Brenda

By MARIA R

May 17, 2021

Everything is very interesting and the teacher's way of explaining the theory with her own personal experiences helps a lot to understand the concepts and to learn how to apply ourselves those contents. If you want to be inclusive and learn how your workplace can also be inclusive, this course is for you!!

By Núbia M

Jun 19, 2021

One of the best courses I've ever have. It's just amazing, Brenda is a very enlightened person and the way she speaks is so delightful to hear, we always want to know more about what she can teach us. Just incredible, a course for life, needed. Everyone should take this to be a better person to our world.

By Yan W A

Jun 8, 2021

Really great course. Exceed my expectation in a lot of way. It is a course for every leaders. Even an entry level staff can benefit from this course. It also applies to work places that seemingly not diverse. It is about empowering everybody in the work place not just for members of non-dominate groups.

By Jordan T

May 17, 2021

Dr. Allen is engaging and thorough. She supports theory with excellent, relatable personal stories and anecdotes. The required readings are straightforward and useful to better understand the discussion topics. The course is well laid out and follows a logical structure. Highly recommended!

By Cheryl-Anne P

May 19, 2021

This Course was Highly Informative and Eye-Opening! Dr. Allen was well versed in all areas of the course content and explained all aspects of this course thoroughly. I thoroughly enjoyed this class and Dr. Allen's teaching approach and style. I would be happy to take any course she offers.

By Shefali K

Sep 28, 2021

Great course to understand how to be inclusive in the workplace and be armed with great, practical strategies to be able to model inclusive behavior. Wonderful for teams to take the course together as well to inculcate a culture of inclusion and also moving towards lateral leadership.