Back to Information Design

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Information Design by University of California San Diego

A blank canvas is full of possibility. If you have an idea for a user experience, how do you turn it into a beautiful and effective user interface? This covers covers principles of visual design so that you can effectively organize and present information with your interfaces. You'll learn concrete strategies to create user interfaces, including key lessons in typography, information architecture, layout, color, and more. You’ll learn particular issues that arise in new device contexts, such as mobile and responsive interfaces. You will learn how to apply these design principles in a modern context of increasingly diverse form factors - from tablets, to walls, to watches....

NS

Mar 17, 2016

I liked the way the functions & tasks of information design were taught with a hands on approach. I recommend this for anybody keen to understand what information design is and how to make it work.

KA

Mar 18, 2016

Great opportunities for me to experience creativity in design. I struggle initially to come up with my own mock ups, and I persisted because I am motivated with what I learned from the modules.

26 - 50 of 88 Reviews for Information Design

By Elle K P L

Jun 29, 2018

I like the practical assignments a lot.

By Jess C

Aug 30, 2016

Really useful and enlightening course.

By Joel W

Apr 02, 2016

Very fun and very useful!

By Thomas L

By raffaella i

Jun 12, 2016

By Jon M

Feb 04, 2018

Excellent course-my favorite so far! It is however a little outdated and there are a few rather major errors with the grading syllabus. For example, the watch interface dimension is no longer applicable- current standards are larger than the 100px by 100px described in the class. Another big issue with the course is the inability to grade mockups correctly- when grading multiple works, there is only an option to submit 1 pt grade per PDF. In reality there are 2 or more screens per PDF , so a student may have only earned partial credit. I'm happy to discuss this in further at MironJonathan@gmail.com. Best Regards, Jon Miron

By Ymmannuelle V

Aug 03, 2017

Of all the courses in the specialisation, this commands the most work. This is a good course to be able to experience if wireframing is a technique that a UX Designer want to specialise in. The remix was a bit unclear though. I didn't know if there was some sort of voting on submissions to be used in succeeding assignments. And the submission that could be used in Week 2 also could not be accessed.

By Tiberiu

Feb 15, 2016

I expected to see much more about "Information" Design, in a sense of Design of Comunication, Design of the Data, Theory of Comunication and how can you remove ambiguity from a design (visual, industrial, content or what ever design it is).

Still ok, but I expected better than wireframes and mockups which we already learned a while back.

Nice roadmap although.

By Mellina M Y Y

Mar 21, 2016

I've learned a few things, because I've already designed a responsive website, but it should be very good for newcomers. I'll definitely change my own approach to design, as he showed - it's good to design mobile-first, but going back and forth multiple devices to show information more clearly is even better.

By michele w

Apr 25, 2016

While i really liked these assignments some of the assignment briefs could use some flushing out and more details would help. Also this course could benifit from a mentor. Another thought more up-to-date visual examples, and reading materials.

By Michael S

Sep 23, 2020

The assignments were very fun and challenging to perform. The only reason I'm giving the course a 4 star review was because the goals for the assignment weren't always clear and required me to go to my peers for exact specifications