Back to Engineering Project Management: Initiating and Planning

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Engineering Project Management: Initiating and Planning by Rice University

The goal of the course is to give you the tools to initiate a project plan, manage both stakeholders and relationships, organize their team, develop a project charter, and build a business case for a project. By the end of this course you will be able to: - Perform a project assessment using information from previous projects and lessons learned - Identify key deliverables based on business requirements while managing customer expectations - Perform a stakeholder analysis and create a management plan - Analyze and develop a project organization - Create a project charter - Explain the business case for a project and calculate Net Present Value - Inform stakeholders of the charter and ensure all parties know the deliverables and expectations As part of the course, you will prepare organization charts, create a Stakeholder Register, and write a Project Charter based on an engineering project in a provided Case Study. The Stakeholder Register will outline the key parties to the project, their concerns and how you will manage their expectations. Your Project Charter will provide the key guidance your team needs to understand the scope, requirements and purpose for the project. All of this will position you for initiating and planning your first project and/or understanding how you can maximize your contributions on your next project team. Rice Center for Engineering Leadership is a Registered Education Provider through the Project Management Institute (PMI)®. Learners who complete this course on the Certificate track will be awarded 12 hours of Profession Development Units. These are recognized by PMI for continuing education or can be applied toward the 35 hours of education required for the Project Management Professional (PMP)® certification. PMI and PMP are registered marks of the Project Management Institute, Inc....

BM
Aug 28, 2017

Very good course! Dynamic and very well structured. I totally recommend, it provides you notions of all aspects involving the first two stage of project. I look forward doing the other parts.

SR
Aug 20, 2017

Great course. Would recommend it for engineers who have collected relevant engineering experience and look for whats next in their career. Looking forward to attend the other modules as well.

76 - 100 of 551 Reviews for Engineering Project Management: Initiating and Planning

By alejandro m

Oct 26, 2020

FIrts of all , i glad you with the teachers because i loved every class , so this is an important course where people can learn an dimprove their knoledge abput PM

By Prateek S u

May 15, 2020

wow I just received my first certificate on Coursera and this course was very awesome and easy to follow up and assignment really taught me what i was looking for,

By JAGDEEP S

Jul 16, 2020

Very informative and interesting to learn from one of the most experienced people of USA.

Thanks for your efforts to provide such a platform for learners.

By Yenny R G

Oct 15, 2020

I really enjoyed going through the training course. I think the materials and content are well organised and present the key information in a brief way.

By Kasuntha M

Nov 28, 2020

Great course to start Engineering Project Management. I highly recommend this course. Thank you all for the immense support throughout the course.

By KETHA D S

Nov 10, 2020

Thanks for this course, it helped me a lot while taking crucial decisions when I was guiding my group and will continue my enthusiastic learning.

By Andrea T

Oct 11, 2020

Course well done, easy to follow and with good information to be learnt in order to be introduced in the Engineering Project Management activity!

By Md. R H I

Jun 18, 2020

This course is very helpful for the learners. The coordinators teach me a lot in this course. Thanks to them and also thanks Coursera. Good luck

By PATEL Y D

May 15, 2020

This course is very helpful for me because I am in last year of my degree so I have to do my project and l learned about the project management.

By Diaz R V

Aug 30, 2020

Me gusto bastante el hecho de que no importa que nivel educativo tengas, o si tienes experiencia o no, puedes realizar este curso sin problemas

By A V

Jun 28, 2020

Great course for beginners and students who are just a step below to handle any projects with ease and clarity after going through this course.

By SYED S I

Aug 23, 2020

good course for engineer and other field people . As a mechanical graduate this course will be very helpful in my future work inshALLAH

By Sharon M G

Aug 3, 2020

I have learnt alot from this course , i really thank our professors who made this program a success ,God richly bless y'all. Thank you.

By G S S

Jun 8, 2020

The course was well structured. The instructors had good knowledge on the subject. It was a good journey for me throughout this course.

By Dhanuka M A

Excellent lecturers and course materials! Clear audio and video. Syllabus is very up to date and covers all the key areas it promised.

By Michael O

Oct 1, 2020

This is one of the most impactful courses I have taken and it has really shaped my understanding a lot on leadership and management.

By Niaz Q

Jun 1, 2020

A very informative & organized course. The personal experience from the lecturers and the projects amplify the learning experiance.

By 152 N

Apr 21, 2020

ENGINEERING PROJECT MANAGEMENT:INITIATING AND PLANNING IS VERY HELPFUL FOR PLANNING,PREPARING PROJECT CHARTERS,STAKEHOLD REGISTER.

By Eng. K M I

Dec 6, 2020

Very much delighted to gain insights about initialization of project. Both instructors were excellent in their teaching skill.

By PATRICIA L G C

Oct 21, 2020

Me gusto mucho, lleva su tiempo, pero es muy buen curso, muy bien explicado, y las tareas/cuestionarios a realizar son buenos.

By Hans K Z A

Oct 7, 2020

Muy buenas exposiciones y bastante arduo el trabajo que se realiza, ha sido muy fructífero y de mucho aprendizaje. Gracias!

By Yamish R B

May 22, 2020

It's very great experience to learning form your rice university. I like to suggest add pdf of reading session if possible.

By Franklin M

Dec 22, 2020

Very good course. For those that want to enter the area of project management and don't know how, I recommend this course.

By Pierluigi F

Aug 17, 2020

It was very useful and concrete, i liked the professors and i think that i'll use many of these tools in my future career!

By Jabu R M

May 29, 2019

Excellent, I especially enjoyed reviewing my peers work. This helped me grow and see things from a different perspective!