Back to An Introduction to Interactive Programming in Python (Part 1)

Learner Reviews & Feedback for An Introduction to Interactive Programming in Python (Part 1) by Rice University

This two-part course is designed to help students with very little or no computing background learn the basics of building simple interactive applications. Our language of choice, Python, is an easy-to learn, high-level computer language that is used in many of the computational courses offered on Coursera. To make learning Python easy, we have developed a new browser-based programming environment that makes developing interactive applications in Python simple. These applications will involve windows whose contents are graphical and respond to buttons, the keyboard and the mouse. In part 1 of this course, we will introduce the basic elements of programming (such as expressions, conditionals, and functions) and then use these elements to create simple interactive applications such as a digital stopwatch. Part 1 of this class will culminate in building a version of the classic arcade game "Pong"....

CD

Jul 13, 2017

It was nice beginner course for the new programming to learn programming and practice the concepts with most intuitive way, the way is to build a game and that interests anyone who takes this course.

JT

Oct 09, 2018

A great intro that puts the topic into achievable steps! I have a mechanical engineering background and I found it to be straightforward. The professors do a good job of making it fun and enjoyable.

76 - 100 of 658 Reviews for An Introduction to Interactive Programming in Python (Part 1)

By Lien C

Dec 24, 2018

BEST TEACHERS EVER!

Thank you so much for putting in so much effort in creating this amazing course and the specialisation!.

I have learnt so much about programming and had great fun all the way through!

By Robert P

Jan 19, 2019

Excellent course for beginners to get an introduction to programming. The course was easy to follow and the instructor did a nice job of explaining the material.

By Dawn G

Jan 08, 2019

Loved this course! It was challenging, fun and interactive. I moved at my own pace and had plenty of reference material to guide me in driving to my solution. Great approach and opportunity to leverage the knowledge gained.

By Syed M S

Dec 09, 2018

Love this course. The instructor explain the material both theoretically and practically.

By 季荣

Feb 14, 2019

Very useful course. Easy to understand.

By Jingxia P

By LeeMinGyu

파이썬에 대해서 잘 배울수 있었습니다.

By Kacyn R

Sep 26, 2018

Was actually a very interesting class! I feel most computer programming classes should be structured like this. Learn a hell of a lot more actually programming rather than taking tests and quizzes.

By Amir Y

Sep 14, 2018

The way I see it, this course has been carefully crafted to assist the beginner with developing practical proficiency in building things in Python. I love the fact that this course doesn't leave you hanging with so many references to sift through and go "figure out" on your own as other training platforms tend to do. That leaves beginners confused and lost, and demotivated. But because there is more handholding, yet the perfect balance to give the confidence needed to actual build in python, I think this course is a masterpiece so far. Looking forward to completing the course.

By Soaham S

Sep 12, 2018

Excellent course. I like that the assignments actually offer a challenge and make you use your skills like an actual programmer.

By Hae-Ji P

Sep 13, 2018

This is the perfect course to improve programming skills in python. Especially, mini-projects were awesome! Had fun! :)

By Tang Y H

Sep 27, 2018

i am learn a lot

By Christian T

Sep 14, 2018

Great professors, very dedicated, talented and knowledgable. Clearly experts. Very clear instruction. Will Recommend!

By Michael G

Sep 30, 2018

Although this is a class that can be taken by (smart and determined) people who have never programmed before, the programming projects are much more advanced and interesting than what you would expect from a "beginner" class. This is possible because the course provides the architecture and a step-by-step guide for the student. It's sort of like programming by the numbers. The student does have to figure out little bits and pieces on his/her own and the challenges are substantial, but a smart and determined person can do it. As the course and subsequent courses progress, the student has to do more on his/her own. This course (and the whole specialization) has been perfect for me because I know the basics of programming pretty well and I mainly need interesting projects to practice on.

By Malwina K

Sep 30, 2018

I am 34 yo physiotherapist and I did it. You can really start with 0 knowledge about programming and finish the course. Just be stubborn and persistent :)

By Mike L

Aug 25, 2018

Intro-level course

By Sharon C

Aug 28, 2018

Very helpful, the mini-quizzes in between each episodes forces you to pay attention and keep wake ;P

By longtran123

Aug 15, 2018

Great course

By Ed M

Aug 30, 2018

Awesome, great for beginners

By Kelly Q

Aug 18, 2018

Em, I feel really grateful to have participated in this course. It's quite fun, a little bit challenging yet useful and most importantly gave me great sense of achievement .

I want to express my sincere thanks to Joe, Scott and John who give me this lesson. Thank you a lot and I will join the part 2 soon.

By JARLINTON M Z

Aug 19, 2018

Good course for review some fundamentals knowledge

By AARTHI N

Sep 03, 2018

Enjoyed the course

By Jayden

Oct 06, 2018

This is a excellent course for you to start programming in Python

By Emil K

Oct 17, 2018

Very, very good material and great overlap of what is required in the quiz / assignments with what is taught. The instructors had fun teaching this course and so did I. Great job, thank you!