Back to An Introduction to Interactive Programming in Python (Part 1)

Learner Reviews & Feedback for An Introduction to Interactive Programming in Python (Part 1) by Rice University

This two-part course is designed to help students with very little or no computing background learn the basics of building simple interactive applications. Our language of choice, Python, is an easy-to learn, high-level computer language that is used in many of the computational courses offered on Coursera. To make learning Python easy, we have developed a new browser-based programming environment that makes developing interactive applications in Python simple. These applications will involve windows whose contents are graphical and respond to buttons, the keyboard and the mouse. In part 1 of this course, we will introduce the basic elements of programming (such as expressions, conditionals, and functions) and then use these elements to create simple interactive applications such as a digital stopwatch. Part 1 of this class will culminate in building a version of the classic arcade game "Pong"....

CD

Jul 13, 2017

It was nice beginner course for the new programming to learn programming and practice the concepts with most intuitive way, the way is to build a game and that interests anyone who takes this course.

JT

Oct 09, 2018

A great intro that puts the topic into achievable steps! I have a mechanical engineering background and I found it to be straightforward. The professors do a good job of making it fun and enjoyable.

151 - 175 of 687 Reviews for An Introduction to Interactive Programming in Python (Part 1)

By Angelo A d M F

Dec 20, 2018

It's a very good introduction to Python through simple games. The course is well planned and organized and it explores some key concepts of Python programming.

By Rachel K

Mar 16, 2017

More than a quick-and-dirty introduction, this course will teach you the basics while also sneaking in some good engineering principles. Highly recommended!

By NAIR V V

Jun 29, 2016

Excellent way of teaching interactively. Very good exercise problems to revise and learn by practice. Occasional use of humor also adds interest to the course.

By David A C L

Jul 28, 2019

Es un excelente curso para iniciar en el mundo de la programación, sus instructores están altamente calificados y lo que desarrollan es simplemente grandioso.

By Michael C

Mar 31, 2016

I took this course 3 times as a student, and I absolutely loved it! The lectures are interesting, relevant, and entertaining. I'm grateful to be a CTA/Mentor.

By Evgeniia P

Jul 05, 2018

Great course - I used to learn on other resources but like this one the most of all. Right amount of fun and clear explanations, all lecturers are very nice!

By Maria S

May 20, 2016

An amazing course. Professors are knowledgeable, fun, and contribute time and effort to the course. The content is fast-paced, but you end up learning a lot!

By Malwina K

Sep 30, 2018

I am 34 yo physiotherapist and I did it. You can really start with 0 knowledge about programming and finish the course. Just be stubborn and persistent :)

By 沈汪晴

May 14, 2017

Very good course. It start with the basic concepts and guides you to master python with interesting practice exercises. The mini projects are really fun!

By Bill C

Apr 12, 2016

Great course, great instructors, was hard, but the community of learners was fantastic and helped out a lot. Pace is face, be ready to commit time to it.

By Brett A C

May 20, 2018

This is a good introduction to the language and some of the principles of CS. If you have experience with coding, this course won't be too challenging.

By Bhupendra S G

Dec 28, 2017

Awesome course, this is the best which i had taken in my life , Professors are very funny specially Scott and Joe. i learn many new things in python .

By Aleksander K

Mar 13, 2016

Great course for beginners.

I'm a network engineer and now I need to have a Python in my tool belt to do my job. This course is a great point to start.

By Joshua C

Jul 12, 2017

Very well taught. All of the video lectures help tremendously in the learning process, I plan on taking all 7 courses because of this teaching method.

By Ren-Chao L

Apr 21, 2017

The courses were easily understandable even people have no experience to design programs. I learned how to code using Python and how to design a game.

By 郜梦蕊

Nov 27, 2016

This course is very funny and useful, and don't worry about the homework, the teachers will give you basic train of thought which will help you a lot!

By Zou S

Jun 11, 2017

Very good and well-organized course , full of fun. I really enjoy the course and the games and I learn a lot . Thank you so much for Scott and Joe.

By Hossam B

Aug 24, 2016

I haven't finished the course yet, but it's great. The course is really fun, the academic material is really useful and course staff are friendly.

By Márton A N

Aug 03, 2017

Fantastic! Quality work from the instructors on both the videos and the infrastructure created for this course. I plan on doing the whole series.

By James J P

Apr 05, 2018

I enjoyed this course. It had plenty of relevant projects, that helped guide the learning in a fun framework, and made the material accessible.

By Emil D

Aug 31, 2017

I think this is well designed course and also enough challenging . I was surprised that it is possible to learn that much on an online platform.

By Pablo S G

Apr 28, 2017

Este curso me ha enseñado mucho y muy bien. También me ha aportado la motivación que hace falta para seguir aprendiendo más cosas por mi cuenta.

By Supriya S

Sep 14, 2016

The instructors are good and have made the course a lot of fun. This course has been simplified enough to appeal to even high school students.

By Xiao L Z

Jan 16, 2019

I think it's an excellent course. It's interesting and I've got a lot fun from it. Thanks to Prof. Joe Warren, Scott Rixner and Jhon Greiner!

By Ricardo L

Jan 03, 2019

Awesome course. A good way to remember some basic aspects of Python, and to learn new things by developing fun games. I totally recommend it.