Back to An Introduction to Interactive Programming in Python (Part 1)

Learner Reviews & Feedback for An Introduction to Interactive Programming in Python (Part 1) by Rice University

This two-part course is designed to help students with very little or no computing background learn the basics of building simple interactive applications. Our language of choice, Python, is an easy-to learn, high-level computer language that is used in many of the computational courses offered on Coursera. To make learning Python easy, we have developed a new browser-based programming environment that makes developing interactive applications in Python simple. These applications will involve windows whose contents are graphical and respond to buttons, the keyboard and the mouse. In part 1 of this course, we will introduce the basic elements of programming (such as expressions, conditionals, and functions) and then use these elements to create simple interactive applications such as a digital stopwatch. Part 1 of this class will culminate in building a version of the classic arcade game "Pong"....

CD

Jul 13, 2017

It was nice beginner course for the new programming to learn programming and practice the concepts with most intuitive way, the way is to build a game and that interests anyone who takes this course.

JT

Oct 09, 2018

A great intro that puts the topic into achievable steps! I have a mechanical engineering background and I found it to be straightforward. The professors do a good job of making it fun and enjoyable.

251 - 275 of 688 Reviews for An Introduction to Interactive Programming in Python (Part 1)

By Sean D

Jan 10, 2018

Excellent class with knowledgeable and personable professors. Made learning Python enjoyable.

By Krizan T

Sep 24, 2017

Very refreshing way to learn and to get new skills.

See you on next course :)

Regards

By Víctor J V Z

Sep 06, 2017

Useful, contextualized and fun. It's a great start point for a newbie to programming.

Thanks!

By Vsevolod V

Aug 19, 2017

Great course. Many thanks to the teachers for their easy approach to submitting the material!

By Srujan R

Aug 11, 2017

Very interesting way of delivering the concepts and its worth investing time for this course.

By bingqing.he

Jun 12, 2017

I really like this course. It is not only helpful, but also triggers my interest of learning!

By Siva K

Dec 16, 2016

Nice course.. I have referred this website to my friends to do certification. Thanks coursera

By Jhimmy A D

Sep 18, 2016

Pretty nice course and very fun. I have learned a lot!!. I absolutely recommend this course.

By Mahmoud A E S

Feb 21, 2020

It is a great course to learn fundamental of programming with a lot of quizes and exercises

By sajad a

Nov 23, 2018

Awesome! The kicker came when i played pong with my brother.That experience was delightful.

By Rishav P

Jun 18, 2017

Very nice course for beginner. As it covers all the points, and building the basic concepts

By Thomas P

Mar 29, 2019

Amusing and educational!

Which is the best combination!

I look forward to completing Part 2.

By Syed M S

Dec 09, 2018

Love this course. The instructor explain the material both theoretically and practically.

By Ali S

May 07, 2018

Wonderful and very helpful. I am much more confident in my python programming skills now!

By Sharmilaadevi M

Nov 27, 2017

I highly appreciate and grateful to the Rice University Professors . They rock.Thank you.

By 李彦霖

Nov 10, 2017

Detailed instructions are demonstrated by these nice teachers! I really like this course.

By Yash R K

Sep 24, 2016

It's a great course and moves at a fluent speed. You won't feel left out that's for sure.

By Sergey T

Jun 20, 2018

Absolutely amazing course for those who want to learn Python by creating computer games.

By Jonathan S

Mar 11, 2018

A challenging yet rewarding introductory course to computer science. Highly recommended!

By Burnian Z

Feb 07, 2018

The course content is very clear and fun, it's easy for students to grasp the knowledge.

By Caterina W

Mar 16, 2019

Really great course - I have no coding skills and this course is doable and enjoyable.

By Codi M B

Mar 07, 2019

Wonderful course with great information to get you started in Python. Highly recommend.

By Minnette W S

Mar 15, 2018

Very interactive and I love that the coding can be done within the browser. Excellent!

By Qing Y

Jul 17, 2017

This cours gives me a brief introduction to python! I would keep following this course!

By Lucio C

Aug 21, 2016

Great course for beginner. Instructors try to inject much fun elements into the course.