Back to An Introduction to Interactive Programming in Python (Part 1)

Learner Reviews & Feedback for An Introduction to Interactive Programming in Python (Part 1) by Rice University

This two-part course is designed to help students with very little or no computing background learn the basics of building simple interactive applications. Our language of choice, Python, is an easy-to learn, high-level computer language that is used in many of the computational courses offered on Coursera. To make learning Python easy, we have developed a new browser-based programming environment that makes developing interactive applications in Python simple. These applications will involve windows whose contents are graphical and respond to buttons, the keyboard and the mouse. In part 1 of this course, we will introduce the basic elements of programming (such as expressions, conditionals, and functions) and then use these elements to create simple interactive applications such as a digital stopwatch. Part 1 of this class will culminate in building a version of the classic arcade game "Pong"....

CD

Jul 13, 2017

It was nice beginner course for the new programming to learn programming and practice the concepts with most intuitive way, the way is to build a game and that interests anyone who takes this course.

JT

Oct 09, 2018

A great intro that puts the topic into achievable steps! I have a mechanical engineering background and I found it to be straightforward. The professors do a good job of making it fun and enjoyable.

351 - 375 of 672 Reviews for An Introduction to Interactive Programming in Python (Part 1)

By Sol B W

Sep 27, 2016

Awesome but hard! Just keep going, you will get it!

By Do H L

Mar 09, 2016

One of the best, most fun introductory Python course on Coursera. You'll create games!!! You create then you play to entertain yourselves and your fellow friends! What else do you need??? It's super fun!

By Yehoshua K

Feb 07, 2018

An excellent course. I've been away from Python for a while, but am now reviewing it prepatory to doing the entire specialization. There are a few technical hiccups, but the teaching is so well thought-out that I'm willing to deal with those issues.

By Srikanth P

Dec 14, 2016

Best Python Intro for anyone!

By Carlos F S T

Feb 23, 2018

Excellent introductory course

By Ojas S

May 17, 2016

Nice course...highly recommended for beginners...

By Ruwaa I M

Jan 27, 2018

I liked the way Joe and Scott taught us how to search for the information.

Nice organization of the course.

and the peer-grading is great!

however, I would prefer if we could work with real libraries that we can import to our code elsewhere not only in CodeSkulptor though it's a great platform.

By JiHe

Sep 04, 2016

Teachers are very professional and humorous.

By Adityi K

Jan 20, 2018

It is a wonderful course, I have Been trying to learn Python since a long time, solving problems, but this course helped me to use all the things like lists, strings and functions into a project. Unless you know how to implement, learning is waste, and hence I loved this course alot. I made few of my wonderful projects , and well played too :).

The instructors are good, the speed of course is nice, its not fast nor too slow, and the best thing is, instructors know about the mistakes made by fresh people, they will help to learn from them too. Thanks you all for making this course:).

By Ugo N

Aug 01, 2017

Gives a good basis for python work, and documenting, and what is expected when coding with Python!

By Jefferson M d S

Sep 26, 2016

It's a very good course, I learned a lot and enjoyed it a lot too

By Ben G

Jan 11, 2017

Awesome course!

By jasonchen

Jan 18, 2017

very attractive to me and I can get so many things with the funny process

By Тюкин Е Г

Apr 25, 2017

Great course!

By James A

Jan 25, 2017

Quite enjoyable introduction to Python

By Alice L

Jun 23, 2017

I highly recommend this course. It's good and challenging, and the instructors are very good at introducing standards and concepts.

By Zequn L

May 12, 2017

Great as an introductory course.

By Chenguang Z

Aug 09, 2017

A great class, which make me have a basic knowledge of Python and I think I will keep learning python since it is a interesting language! Thanks all the teachers!

By bingqing.he

Jun 12, 2017

I really like this course. It is not only helpful, but also triggers my interest of learning!

By Yitbarek G

Feb 12, 2018

Nice course.

By Eugen W

Sep 18, 2017

This course is excellent. It was appropriately paced and just challenging enough to push my abilities

with the mini-projects. The professors and lectures are excellent but be prepared to do some legwork after viewing the videos. as the quizzes and mini-projects require a bit more studying to prepare.

All in all, I'm really enjoying this course and will be taking part 2 as soon as I'm done.

By aoran x

Nov 27, 2017

It is a great course, it's really interesting and motivate me to learn Python

By Jakob P

May 12, 2018

Great introduction to the functionality of Python. The material is basic stuff, but the teachers are great and the problems are fun to do.