Back to An Introduction to Interactive Programming in Python (Part 1)

Learner Reviews & Feedback for An Introduction to Interactive Programming in Python (Part 1) by Rice University

This two-part course is designed to help students with very little or no computing background learn the basics of building simple interactive applications. Our language of choice, Python, is an easy-to learn, high-level computer language that is used in many of the computational courses offered on Coursera. To make learning Python easy, we have developed a new browser-based programming environment that makes developing interactive applications in Python simple. These applications will involve windows whose contents are graphical and respond to buttons, the keyboard and the mouse. In part 1 of this course, we will introduce the basic elements of programming (such as expressions, conditionals, and functions) and then use these elements to create simple interactive applications such as a digital stopwatch. Part 1 of this class will culminate in building a version of the classic arcade game "Pong"....

CD

Jul 13, 2017

It was nice beginner course for the new programming to learn programming and practice the concepts with most intuitive way, the way is to build a game and that interests anyone who takes this course.

JT

Oct 09, 2018

A great intro that puts the topic into achievable steps! I have a mechanical engineering background and I found it to be straightforward. The professors do a good job of making it fun and enjoyable.

326 - 350 of 670 Reviews for An Introduction to Interactive Programming in Python (Part 1)

By Ojas S

May 17, 2016

Nice course...highly recommended for beginners...

By Ruwaa I M

Jan 27, 2018

I liked the way Joe and Scott taught us how to search for the information.

Nice organization of the course.

and the peer-grading is great!

however, I would prefer if we could work with real libraries that we can import to our code elsewhere not only in CodeSkulptor though it's a great platform.

By JiHe

Sep 04, 2016

Teachers are very professional and humorous.

By Nicolau O d S

Sep 27, 2017

The course is very good. The videos are clear and the assignments make it easy for progressive learning. I'm learning a lot from it.

By Chen C

Jun 09, 2016

It just could not be better!

By EPARA

Jun 04, 2017

me encanta!

By PatrickLi

Apr 22, 2017

有意义的课程作业,难度适中的进度安排

By Mohamed S

Feb 16, 2017

Excellent course, very rigorous and makes you work hard but if you put in the effort you really learn a lot.

By Yuhui W

Apr 11, 2016

非常值得学习的课程

By Robert S

Jun 09, 2016

Well structured course. Great videos and materials. Really enjoyed the tasks and assignments, who thought you could have fun programming ;-)

By Carly T

Oct 02, 2017

I like this course so much. it was funny by making game every week that really inspired my interests of studying python.

By José M S M

Jun 04, 2016

Excelente forma de aprender por medio de juegos

By Siva B

Sep 21, 2016

Very useful course. Learnt a lot of python from basics.

By Luis A C P

Apr 12, 2016

Excelente

By Dean S

May 12, 2016

I would like to see the end date of the course linked to the start date of the next course (Part 2) without a few week time lag, or a one week lead time. It would nice to have the option to keep going while the material is still fresh in my mind.

By Arjun R

Oct 04, 2016

awesome course

By Remi L

Jun 08, 2016

Loved it ! I learned alot and it was buildt up really good :)

By Adityi K

Jan 20, 2018

It is a wonderful course, I have Been trying to learn Python since a long time, solving problems, but this course helped me to use all the things like lists, strings and functions into a project. Unless you know how to implement, learning is waste, and hence I loved this course alot. I made few of my wonderful projects , and well played too :).

The instructors are good, the speed of course is nice, its not fast nor too slow, and the best thing is, instructors know about the mistakes made by fresh people, they will help to learn from them too. Thanks you all for making this course:).

By Hq Z

Sep 22, 2016

I love it.

By Lars P

May 31, 2016

Easy to follow

By Hansel G

May 14, 2016

It's just awesome to be able to take this kind of courses and specially when they have people so dedicated and interested in teaching and encouraging others so we can all learn. Than

By Cristian I M C

Aug 10, 2016

The teachers is the best! tnx!

By Stanley C

Sep 29, 2016

It's really easy to learn Python while students follow the instruction step by step.

By 伯韬 胡

Sep 24, 2017

Really a great course for people who are new to Python!

By Justin L

Jun 11, 2016

Enjoying this course quite a bit to be honest :)