Back to An Introduction to Interactive Programming in Python (Part 1)

Learner Reviews & Feedback for An Introduction to Interactive Programming in Python (Part 1) by Rice University

This two-part course is designed to help students with very little or no computing background learn the basics of building simple interactive applications. Our language of choice, Python, is an easy-to learn, high-level computer language that is used in many of the computational courses offered on Coursera. To make learning Python easy, we have developed a new browser-based programming environment that makes developing interactive applications in Python simple. These applications will involve windows whose contents are graphical and respond to buttons, the keyboard and the mouse. In part 1 of this course, we will introduce the basic elements of programming (such as expressions, conditionals, and functions) and then use these elements to create simple interactive applications such as a digital stopwatch. Part 1 of this class will culminate in building a version of the classic arcade game "Pong"....

CD

Jul 13, 2017

It was nice beginner course for the new programming to learn programming and practice the concepts with most intuitive way, the way is to build a game and that interests anyone who takes this course.

JT

Oct 09, 2018

A great intro that puts the topic into achievable steps! I have a mechanical engineering background and I found it to be straightforward. The professors do a good job of making it fun and enjoyable.

126 - 150 of 666 Reviews for An Introduction to Interactive Programming in Python (Part 1)

By Beilei X

Dec 21, 2017

the teachers are so cute and the courses are very interesting!

By Joseph O

Aug 02, 2017

Excellent course! I truly learned a lot throughout this course. Every materials are instructed in detail which made me easy to follow up

By Yves-Heng L

Aug 11, 2016

Very great introduction (and it s coming from someone with 0 computer skills)

By Jaffar K

Jan 26, 2017

Verz well designed and explained videos and support from the staff

By Sheeraja

Nov 20, 2016

The course was extremely good and easy to understand!!

By Stacey B

Feb 06, 2018

Enjoying the class so far and really learning a lot.

By Alberto B

Sep 18, 2017

Very informative and fun!

By Gitesh C

Aug 28, 2017

Excellent delivery of topics ! I did this course back in 2013 when part 1 and 2 was a one single course. I not only learnt python but got an amazing game "Spaceships" to my resume as well. Plus, it was so much fun making that video game.

By Miranda L

Apr 21, 2018

Fun professors. Fun projects. Valuable lessons.

By Mohamed A J

Sep 19, 2017

Great course, but not for absolute absolute beginners.

By vasanth K R

Mar 17, 2017

excellent course to get a good introduction to programming in python. Mini project based appraoch ensured I got hands on training throughout the course of the project

By Madison C

Jun 04, 2017

The instructors and mentors have made it fun and interesting to learn Python. I love their easygoing lectures and especially appreciate the programming style /developer tips. It has been invaluable to me as a beginning programmer to learn not just the basics of the language, but most importantly how to break the problem into smaller manageable chunks and to document everything. The community mentors have been wonderfully responsive and helpful as well. I definitely have learned a lot! Thank you!!

By Yomaira A

Jun 11, 2017

Very interactive and great community to learn with. I'm very content with the knowledge I have obtained.

By Nurmat E

Aug 07, 2016

cool :-)

By John C

Jun 26, 2017

Excellent hands-on way to learn Python, from instructors who love the topic and made the course fun and low-key, but still rigorous. It's a commitment that pays off.

By Carlos J G

Apr 05, 2016

Brillante curso. Muy ilustrativo.

By Andrés F C G

Jul 20, 2017

So easy to learn with this course. Totally recommended

By Jinru Y

Nov 17, 2017

A very useful course, and I had so much fun doing it!

I really like the professors, they successfully made me get interested in computing.(I hated computing for actually no reasons before and I'm so glad I decided to try this course)

By Zou S

Jun 11, 2017

Very good and well-organized course , full of fun. I really enjoy the course and the games and I learn a lot . Thank you so much for Scott and Joe.

By Julianna M

Sep 09, 2016

Fantastic class. A little fast paced for a beginner, but I was able to keep up and enjoyed it.

By Alexander S

Dec 21, 2017

Great!

By Brahma P Y

Dec 04, 2016

doing mini projects is a great way to learn