Back to An Introduction to Interactive Programming in Python (Part 1)

Learner Reviews & Feedback for An Introduction to Interactive Programming in Python (Part 1) by Rice University

This two-part course is designed to help students with very little or no computing background learn the basics of building simple interactive applications. Our language of choice, Python, is an easy-to learn, high-level computer language that is used in many of the computational courses offered on Coursera. To make learning Python easy, we have developed a new browser-based programming environment that makes developing interactive applications in Python simple. These applications will involve windows whose contents are graphical and respond to buttons, the keyboard and the mouse. In part 1 of this course, we will introduce the basic elements of programming (such as expressions, conditionals, and functions) and then use these elements to create simple interactive applications such as a digital stopwatch. Part 1 of this class will culminate in building a version of the classic arcade game "Pong"....

CD

Jul 13, 2017

It was nice beginner course for the new programming to learn programming and practice the concepts with most intuitive way, the way is to build a game and that interests anyone who takes this course.

JT

Oct 09, 2018

A great intro that puts the topic into achievable steps! I have a mechanical engineering background and I found it to be straightforward. The professors do a good job of making it fun and enjoyable.

126 - 150 of 658 Reviews for An Introduction to Interactive Programming in Python (Part 1)

By Lorena D G S

Sep 29, 2017

By spacetime

Sep 15, 2017

teachers are very funny and codeskulptor is fascinating!!!

By Jan A B

Jul 04, 2017

Really good course where you can learn the basics of python!! And really funny!

By Chenguang Z

Aug 09, 2017

A great class, which make me have a basic knowledge of Python and I think I will keep learning python since it is a interesting language! Thanks all the teachers!

By bingqing.he

Jun 12, 2017

I really like this course. It is not only helpful, but also triggers my interest of learning!

By Yitbarek G

Jan 24, 2018

very interersting course

By Siwei L

Sep 14, 2017

Excellent course!! The assignments are very interesting and the professors and the mentors are very helpful!

By Smolyanov I

Nov 11, 2017

very good

By ShuaiZhao

Feb 12, 2018

Nice course.

By Eugen W

Sep 18, 2017

This course is excellent. It was appropriately paced and just challenging enough to push my abilities

with the mini-projects. The professors and lectures are excellent but be prepared to do some legwork after viewing the videos. as the quizzes and mini-projects require a bit more studying to prepare.

All in all, I'm really enjoying this course and will be taking part 2 as soon as I'm done.

By Fabio A

Apr 03, 2017

Fantastic!

By Evgeniia P

Jul 05, 2018

Great course - I used to learn on other resources but like this one the most of all. Right amount of fun and clear explanations, all lecturers are very nice!

By sunwen

Oct 20, 2017

Very good class! Not too hard but very interesting. I feel very excited when I see the games that I wrote is working out.

By Go R

Oct 14, 2017

Excellent course.

By Michael M

Oct 04, 2017

This was a fun and convenient course, and it was a great start to learning programming for me. There must have been lots of thought and talent put into it to make it that way.

Thank you!

By James B

Jun 21, 2018

These courses are very well-designed and ask you to do a fair amount of work in the weekly coding projects. That is much preferred (in my book) to too much spoon-feeding / hand-holding which can happen in online courses. The instructors do a great job. The event-driven / graphic-oriented (i.e. Tkinter - lite) context to programming sets this specialization apart from other python courses on Coursera. I'm having a lot of fun extending lessons learned here to tkinter. With a bit of extra syntax learning, the translation is natural.

By Paulina Y

May 14, 2018

I like this course. The difficulty scaffold is very nice so that a beginner can easily adapt to it.

By Sean D

Jan 10, 2018

Excellent class with knowledgeable and personable professors. Made learning Python enjoyable.

By Zhe C

Nov 23, 2017

Really good one

By Vladan S

Apr 21, 2017

great :D

By 李彦霖

Nov 10, 2017

Detailed instructions are demonstrated by these nice teachers! I really like this course.

By Daniel R

Dec 06, 2017

Excelente curso, una buena iniciacion a los conceptos sobre GUI's

By Rahul S

Sep 11, 2017

Awesome course for the beginners to learn python. The way teachers teach here is way too good. Thank you Coursera for everything.

By Igal P

Jul 21, 2017

Very helpful and interesting course. I have recommended the class to many of my friends. Thank you a lot!!!

By RAVI R

Jun 06, 2017

Best introductory Course for python online available.