Back to An Introduction to Interactive Programming in Python (Part 1)

Learner Reviews & Feedback for An Introduction to Interactive Programming in Python (Part 1) by Rice University

This two-part course is designed to help students with very little or no computing background learn the basics of building simple interactive applications. Our language of choice, Python, is an easy-to learn, high-level computer language that is used in many of the computational courses offered on Coursera. To make learning Python easy, we have developed a new browser-based programming environment that makes developing interactive applications in Python simple. These applications will involve windows whose contents are graphical and respond to buttons, the keyboard and the mouse. In part 1 of this course, we will introduce the basic elements of programming (such as expressions, conditionals, and functions) and then use these elements to create simple interactive applications such as a digital stopwatch. Part 1 of this class will culminate in building a version of the classic arcade game "Pong"....

CD

Jul 13, 2017

It was nice beginner course for the new programming to learn programming and practice the concepts with most intuitive way, the way is to build a game and that interests anyone who takes this course.

JT

Oct 09, 2018

A great intro that puts the topic into achievable steps! I have a mechanical engineering background and I found it to be straightforward. The professors do a good job of making it fun and enjoyable.

276 - 300 of 675 Reviews for An Introduction to Interactive Programming in Python (Part 1)

By Sharmilaadevi M

Nov 27, 2017

I highly appreciate and grateful to the Rice University Professors . They rock.Thank you.

By Srikanth P

Dec 14, 2016

Best Python Intro for anyone!

By 李京霖

Sep 22, 2016

课程很不错的,推荐大家去上。

By Sarah L C

Dec 29, 2017

Simply delightful

By ANNYESHA S

Mar 15, 2018

it teaches you the basics of python while making learning super-fun!

By Carlos F S T

Feb 23, 2018

Excellent introductory course

By Hyojeong S

May 10, 2016

You can

By Ojas S

May 17, 2016

Nice course...highly recommended for beginners...

By Zsolt P

Feb 19, 2017

Very good introductory course, highly recommended, even if you have little to no knowledge or experience in programming. You will have to spend a lot more time on it thought as it is stated - that is if you think of learning programming in Python seriously. It can be done even if you have a full time job and a family with a little baby as I had, just have to forget about sleeping much for some months :) But that is out because of the baby anyway.

By Ruwaa I M

Jan 27, 2018

I liked the way Joe and Scott taught us how to search for the information.

Nice organization of the course.

and the peer-grading is great!

however, I would prefer if we could work with real libraries that we can import to our code elsewhere not only in CodeSkulptor though it's a great platform.

By Szabó S

Jul 28, 2016

very amusing and useful, with loveable and passionate professors!

By JiHe

Sep 04, 2016

Teachers are very professional and humorous.

By Adityi K

Jan 20, 2018

It is a wonderful course, I have Been trying to learn Python since a long time, solving problems, but this course helped me to use all the things like lists, strings and functions into a project. Unless you know how to implement, learning is waste, and hence I loved this course alot. I made few of my wonderful projects , and well played too :).

The instructors are good, the speed of course is nice, its not fast nor too slow, and the best thing is, instructors know about the mistakes made by fresh people, they will help to learn from them too. Thanks you all for making this course:).

By Ugo N

Aug 01, 2017

Gives a good basis for python work, and documenting, and what is expected when coding with Python!

By Carlos F R

Jul 29, 2016

Excellent!

By Santiago E

Oct 18, 2016

Excelente curso, lo recomiendo para personas que quieran aprender a programar en python desde cero.

By Supriya S

Sep 14, 2016

The instructors are good and have made the course a lot of fun. This course has been simplified enough to appeal to even high school students.

By Sol B W

Sep 27, 2016

Awesome but hard! Just keep going, you will get it!

By Do H L

Mar 09, 2016

One of the best, most fun introductory Python course on Coursera. You'll create games!!! You create then you play to entertain yourselves and your fellow friends! What else do you need??? It's super fun!

By Lucio C

Aug 21, 2016

Great course for beginner. Instructors try to inject much fun elements into the course.

By Esteban S

Mar 10, 2016

Excellent course to start programming in Python

By Audra

Jan 11, 2018

I love how the instructors have the students create games for the programming assignments. Even though these programs are very simple, the excitement of making something interactive helps carry me through the frustrating parts. I also like that there are many videos, example programs, templates, and "tip" pages to help if you are not getting it--other Coursera courses I have taken had very little in the way of assistance, so if you were really struggling, you probably wouldn't finish. This course isn't like that. The rubrics for grading assignments are also very specific, so you get clear feedback on what did and did not work in your program. If you are interested in learning programming, I would highly recommend this course!

By Daren E

May 07, 2017

Great course, fun and interactive

By Шадрин А А

Mar 16, 2017

This is an amazing course. It's both joyful and useful in terms of information and the way it presents. I'm very thankful to Rice's professors and Coursera team for an opportunity to study this course. I'm about to use the knowledge I've got here to pass the exams and enroll in university. Though I still didn't complete the whole course because I have to concentrate on some particular themes for the exam I definitely will continue learning here after exams or even sooner. Can absolutely recommend this course for beginners and for the ones who have some misunderstanding in some particular fundamental topics in programming on python.

By Derk-Jan W

Dec 01, 2016

Excellent and fun course (part1+2), thank you very much! It has given me the head start in Python I was looking for.