Back to An Introduction to Interactive Programming in Python (Part 1)

Learner Reviews & Feedback for An Introduction to Interactive Programming in Python (Part 1) by Rice University

This two-part course is designed to help students with very little or no computing background learn the basics of building simple interactive applications. Our language of choice, Python, is an easy-to learn, high-level computer language that is used in many of the computational courses offered on Coursera. To make learning Python easy, we have developed a new browser-based programming environment that makes developing interactive applications in Python simple. These applications will involve windows whose contents are graphical and respond to buttons, the keyboard and the mouse. In part 1 of this course, we will introduce the basic elements of programming (such as expressions, conditionals, and functions) and then use these elements to create simple interactive applications such as a digital stopwatch. Part 1 of this class will culminate in building a version of the classic arcade game "Pong"....

CD

Jul 13, 2017

It was nice beginner course for the new programming to learn programming and practice the concepts with most intuitive way, the way is to build a game and that interests anyone who takes this course.

JT

Oct 09, 2018

A great intro that puts the topic into achievable steps! I have a mechanical engineering background and I found it to be straightforward. The professors do a good job of making it fun and enjoyable.

176 - 200 of 666 Reviews for An Introduction to Interactive Programming in Python (Part 1)

By Manuel F

May 05, 2017

I loved this course!

By Ngoc N

Oct 19, 2016

It's very exciting course because you learn how to design old-fashioned games and learn Python at the same time. The instructor was very supportive with the questions on the forum. I feel like learning the course on-site, interacting with the professors. Thanks Coursera for the huge financial support to help me hone my coding skills.

By Prakhar C

Oct 16, 2016

Awesome Course! Thanks for making it available to us.

By Federico L

Jun 20, 2017

Excelent!

By Pankaj K

Jun 28, 2016

Wow i have just started and i am beginning to love it.

print "it's exciting"

Oct 01, 2017

awesome

By 赵忆冬

May 02, 2016

Very nice! I really learned a lot from it ,it's very interesting!

By Jeong S K

Jun 03, 2018

Course really gets you involved and it wasn't what I expected. I thought this would be another straight cut class but it's very through.

By 关凌云

May 30, 2017

很有趣

By Emil D

Aug 31, 2017

I think this is well designed course and also enough challenging . I was surprised that it is possible to learn that much on an online platform.

By Bill C

Apr 12, 2016

Great course, great instructors, was hard, but the community of learners was fantastic and helped out a lot. Pace is face, be ready to commit time to it.

By 郜梦蕊

Nov 27, 2016

This course is very funny and useful, and don't worry about the homework, the teachers will give you basic train of thought which will help you a lot!

By Prakhar D G

Jul 25, 2016

Very nicely taught. Well structured and content was very apt. A big thanks to coursera team. Extremely satisfied. :)

By Gabrieller

Jul 28, 2016

Nice course! And really fantastic teachers!

By 康燕斌

May 27, 2016

Great

By Dinh P T

Oct 26, 2016

Great course, I have already had previous experiences with coding but the instructors made the course so enjoyable for me.

By Frank S

Sep 28, 2017

Great Course!

By Derk-Jan W

Dec 01, 2016

Excellent and fun course (part1+2), thank you very much! It has given me the head start in Python I was looking for.

By svan y

Apr 19, 2018

These guys are very good teachers !

By Joao A

Mar 12, 2016

Best computer programming series I've taken in Coursera so far (I've done principles 1 and algorithm thinking 1 already and in paralell). You can start in this very basic course and end in Algorithm Thinking which is a great course full of insights even for an experienced programmer as I'm (same is valid for the principles of programming, especially regarding the testing assignments) with no previous experience. My nephew is 15 years old and in high school and he is loving this course (having hard time though). To me, this specific course was very basic but as I didn't know anything of Python and as I love games I enjoyed a lot even though I already knew all of the material except for the Python part.

By Mohamed G A S

Apr 21, 2017

Very useful course

By Tao Y

Jan 12, 2018

Very good class! Professors are really smart and codeskulptor is convenient to my python study.

By 张晓东

Dec 26, 2016

Fantastic course!

By Judy Y

Apr 12, 2018

Clear instructions and practical projects!