Back to Introduction to Cyber Attacks

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Introduction to Cyber Attacks by New York University

This course provides learners with a baseline understanding of common cyber security threats, vulnerabilities, and risks. An overview of how basic cyber attacks are constructed and applied to real systems is also included. Examples include simple Unix kernel hacks, Internet worms, and Trojan horses in software utilities. Network attacks such as distributed denial of service (DDOS) and botnet- attacks are also described and illustrated using real examples from the past couple of decades. Familiar analytic models are outlined such as the confidentiality/integrity/availability (CIA) security threat framework, and examples are used to illustrate how these different types of threats can degrade real assets. The course also includes an introduction to basic cyber security risk analysis, with an overview of how threat-asset matrices can be used to prioritize risk decisions. Threats, vulnerabilities, and attacks are examined and mapped in the context of system security engineering methodologies....

HI
Mar 3, 2020

I'm so glad I could complete this course as I look forward to continuing other courses on Cyber attacks. Its been helpful as it gave me the background knowledge as to what is needed in Cyber Security.

PH
Jun 27, 2020

Ed is a very engaging instructor and tries to make the content applicable and understandable. I would recommend this course for anyone who is looking for an introduction to the world of cybersecurity!

126 - 150 of 465 Reviews for Introduction to Cyber Attacks

By Lindsay F

Mar 1, 2018

This was a great introduction to Cyber Security. Easy to follow and very interesting. Looking forward to the follow up class!

By Okorie c

May 10, 2018

I found the course extremely informative, although I wanted a bit more practical hacking.

I enjoyed myself and i learnt a lot.

By John D

Dec 15, 2017

Excellent introductory class. The lectures are the perfect length and manage to impart knowledge in an entertaining fashion.

By Thoufeek A

Aug 7, 2019

Nice lectures by Prof.Edward Amoroso,Its not a practical about cybersecurity that needed as foundation for further studies.

By Matthew M

Sep 13, 2020

Really good course to start off. Dr. Edward Amoroso does a wonderful job simplifying some complicated parts of the course.

By Jorge F

Dec 8, 2017

I liked the course very much. It is interesting, well developed and the articles and videos are interesting and pertinent.

By Shubhangi P

Mar 7, 2020

The video was very understandable and useful as well as the paper listed and other study material listed with the course.

By Elvina G

Jul 15, 2018

I really enjoyed the course. I learned a lot of things and will definitely continue with the specialization. Thank you !

By ahmed a

Sep 4, 2020

Gives a verry good intro about concepts , i like also how it highligh that cuber security is a risk management activity

By Егоров А Г

Feb 11, 2018

The course is very interesting and useful. Contains a lot of cool additional materials, I'll recommend you to know it)

By Rajendra S

Jun 23, 2020

course was really useful. Learnt a lot of new techniques to protect my clients from various types of attacks ........

By James A

Very nice lecture with tricky questions, pushing you to learn more in order to get the answers right! Loved it.

By Saumy A

Jun 20, 2020

A great way to learn something different beside ur field and the way they taught and helped is just amazing.

By Siddharth T

Apr 26, 2018

Energetic, passionate professor. Concise yet informative lectures. Also contains interesting guest lectures.

By G R S

Apr 10, 2019

I really loved this course as this helps pursue my passion and learn more about forensics investigations

By Fernando P L P

Jan 9, 2020

I loved the way I received the class, the materials... I could learn a lot about cyber security's world

By Sumit S

Dec 14, 2020

It was good experience with this course and the way the lecturer teaches is also good thank you NYU

By armando j m r

Apr 29, 2020

nice course for beginners ed is awesome and the videos are really interesting i'm ready for more

By Aneesh S

Nov 23, 2018

Even though this was a theory only course I didn't get bored. The course content is pretty useful.

By Abdul A

Sep 29, 2020

The content was so easy to understand and described in a cozy manner. Hope to catch more courses.

By Yuvaraj K

Jan 20, 2021

Overall great learning experience on the in-depth concepts related to Cybersecurity professional

By Channaveer P

Nov 25, 2020

Fantastic start on Cyber Security. Faculty is very Knowledgeable and Experienced.

Well presented.

By Karan

Nov 30, 2018

Thank's a lot for making this course and series. Dr. Edward Amoroso is now my favorite lecturer.

By Ameya M

An amazing course which gave me a clear understanding of the concepts related to cybersecurity!

By David R

Apr 2, 2020

Great course! Loved the videos, especially the interviews as well as the TED discussion videos.