Back to Code Yourself! An Introduction to Programming

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Code Yourself! An Introduction to Programming by The University of Edinburgh

Have you ever wished you knew how to program, but had no idea where to start from? This course will teach you how to program in Scratch, an easy to use visual programming language. More importantly, it will introduce you to the fundamental principles of computing and it will help you think like a software engineer....

ED

Apr 05, 2016

the course is what the name says it is, an introduction to programming, great course for any code beginner. Lecturer is doing amazing job and keeping the lectures interesting, easy and understandable.

KD

Sep 20, 2015

I love the way this course is designed! It's a really wonderful breath of fresh air.\n\nScratch is a wonderful tool for understanding programming before jumping into courses in programming languages.

1 - 25 of 299 Reviews for Code Yourself! An Introduction to Programming

By Elaine W

Sep 11, 2015

This course is a great way for the beginning program to get started. It is a fast, easy to understand explanation of Scratch. Great lectures with clear instruction. I really enjoyed this class.

By Nicole H

Nov 25, 2018

This is such a great course! I have learned so much thank you!

By Roktim B

Mar 20, 2019

Well structured...love it

By Ana C R P P

Mar 21, 2019

What I liked most about this course was its methodology. It requires hands-on in order to practice and learn what is being taught.

I would definitely recommend this course and if you are not familiar with coding, don't worry and give it a try. It will have the opportunity to practice in a fun way.

By Adwin H I S

h

class

By Greg D

Feb 03, 2019

Good introduction to coding - broadly covers the big concepts, and lets you put them into practice with the lectures projects as well as during the lectures.

By Suryaansh C

Apr 25, 2017

Excellent

By Paulo C M N

Jan 21, 2016

Quite liked the didactic way the course was presented, and its objectivity. Both the content for studies and activities were very well prepared, the teachers and all the staff are to be congratulated! Thanks,

By Nora S

Sep 07, 2015

Having no experience with programming, this course was perfect for the beginner. It was just the right mix of information of why and how coding works accompanied by hands-on creating in a coding platform. I really enjoyed this class.

By Awushie D

Oct 27, 2016

This course is so good, I enjoyed every moment of it and learnt so much. What excites me most is how I can make a start button to start a program, I am thrilled beyond words.

By Sophie H

Dec 02, 2015

I think it is a great course for everybody, who wants to have a peak inside the world of coding. Lots of fun excercises and a fine balance of homework.

By Stefan T A

Sep 10, 2015

I loved this course.

Its a great way to get an understanding on how coding is built up.

Building in scratch was a lot of fun, but if I tried using to much effects, the game started lagging. This can be a bit frustrating, but with some practice I think it will give a better understanding on how to make coding in general not to heavy.

By Szilveszter S

Aug 24, 2017

I have enjoyed the course very much! It has given me clear understanding about the basic concepts of programming

By Charles S

Aug 23, 2015

Love it...

By Mohamed N

Oct 25, 2015

Very nice and attractive course.

I've learned a lot, Thanks.

By edicson

Oct 03, 2015

I never realized that programming will be so fun!. I start the course just for curiosity and now I'm completely hook in programming.

By Mário A

Oct 29, 2015

Great Course. The teachers were great. I Learn a lot. Recommended.

By UihyunKim

Oct 04, 2015

Really great for beginner. Learning with fun!

By El-Shawn W

Aug 23, 2017

It was pretty cool and easy to follow

By Yang Y

Jul 02, 2017

The course was great! It is fun and easy to understand. It demonstrated clearly about some concepts which I confused for years, such as events, module and so on.

By Nicholas Z