Back to Code Yourself! An Introduction to Programming

Code Yourself! An Introduction to Programming, The University of Edinburgh

About this Course

Have you ever wished you knew how to program, but had no idea where to start from? This course will teach you how to program in Scratch, an easy to use visual programming language. More importantly, it will introduce you to the fundamental principles of computing and it will help you think like a software engineer....

By ED

Apr 05, 2016

the course is what the name says it is, an introduction to programming, great course for any code beginner. Lecturer is doing amazing job and keeping the lectures interesting, easy and understandable.

By KD

Sep 20, 2015

I love the way this course is designed! It's a really wonderful breath of fresh air.\n\nScratch is a wonderful tool for understanding programming before jumping into courses in programming languages.

283 Reviews

By Phacharaphol Somboontham

Dec 09, 2018

The best!

By Nicole Helmink

Nov 25, 2018

This is such a great course! I have learned so much thank you!

By Jorg van Gaal

Nov 14, 2018

A good informal introduction into programming. Suitable for everyone with an interest to learn the basics of programming.

By shubham singh

Sep 18, 2018

Love the way they taught me

By Sharon R Bennett

Aug 17, 2018

I love everything about this the course and I an excited to start my new project on my own Areti and Ines making it very interested and fun to learn. A big thank you to all those who participate and made this course possible...

By Olamide Raphael

Jul 07, 2018

I think so far it been giving me best of knowledge though have not finish the course i am running, buh i love it anyway.

By Mary Mahrer

Jun 25, 2018

Fantastic course for very beginners. I have no prior coding experience, this helped me learn how to think about coding as an exercise and prepares me to learn new programming languages.

By Steve Linquist

Jun 23, 2018

Was fun to dive in with this course. Projects were entertaining and great to learn from.

By Kaisa Virtaneva

May 31, 2018

So easy to understand, wonderful teachers, and excellent video quality. Never struggled to understand the concepts presented even though I knew nothing about computer programming!

By Clare Booth

May 29, 2018

It's very well structured to build up to the final project. It's easy to understand and enjoyable to do at your own speed. The video tutorials are very informative.