Back to Code Yourself! An Introduction to Programming

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Code Yourself! An Introduction to Programming by The University of Edinburgh

Have you ever wished you knew how to program, but had no idea where to start from? This course will teach you how to program in Scratch, an easy to use visual programming language. More importantly, it will introduce you to the fundamental principles of computing and it will help you think like a software engineer....

MT
Jun 3, 2020

for a total beginner in coding, this course was the perfect start! It was easy to understand, and easy to program (coding wit already?)\n\nThank you so much for offering such a wonderful way to learn!

ED
Apr 4, 2016

the course is what the name says it is, an introduction to programming, great course for any code beginner. Lecturer is doing amazing job and keeping the lectures interesting, easy and understandable.

201 - 225 of 772 Reviews for Code Yourself! An Introduction to Programming

By Wael A

Apr 2, 2017

it was really a nice experiment and well organised sessions .. i would like to thank the trainer for her good explanation to course materials

By Emma A

Very good introduction to the concepts of computer programming. It is designed in a very clear and easy way, perfect for complete beginners.

By Alexandra N

May 14, 2020

Areti is a great teacher! I love her enthusiasm and the cheerful approach! It was a pleasure learning Scratch, thanks to both of you, girls!

By Kristina

Apr 24, 2021

I really enjoyed this course and I've learned a lot of good stuff. Thanks to this course, I'll definitely continue to learning programming.

By Parissa T

Jun 23, 2017

Great for beginners looking to find a way to get into programming. The course is very easy to understand and everything is explained well.

By Marlene H

Oct 19, 2015

Excellent course. I knew next to nothing about coding and learnt loads from this with the help of very enjoyable and imaginative teaching.

By MARIO F D

Aug 17, 2015

Excellent introduction to programming; with clear explanations that facilitate learning of the subject to which we are new to the subject.

By Radhika M

Sep 10, 2020

I loved this course, the lessons are on point. Additional interviews were inspiring.

Thanks a lot for coming up with such a great course.

By Deona A

This course was really stupendous. The learning module and the way of teaching were praiseworthy. it really inspired me to go further.

By Song-yun K

Feb 21, 2021

Excellent course for beginners! Delivery of the contents are progressive and hand-on. Peer-review projects are valuable experiences.

By Hasan C

Feb 10, 2021

This course has given me immense understanding about programming and what a computer is, Thank you very much university of Edinburgh!

By Seye O

Sep 14, 2020

Amazing course!

Really exposed me to the concept of coding and has given me the confidence to venture into other programming languages.

By Aamir T A

Aug 11, 2020

I learnt beneficial things from this course.

I myself recommend learning from coursera.

'Any other words you would like to have?'

me- :)

By Beatriz M P

esta muy bien el curso pero había problemas con el pago del certificado ME ENCANTA ESTE CURSO pero yo reduciría el numero de proyectos

By Sara N

Aug 4, 2019

very useful as introduction to coding although iam graduated from computer science but really it was helpful and learned me new issues

By Steven C C

Nov 27, 2020

This course effectively prompted pupils with low coding skills to embrace the universal language of coding while having fun doing so.

By Jose L B J

May 2, 2020

I'm 34 years old and I was challenged and I love it. This course would even attract young ones more. Areti is a brilliant instructor.

By Tanya T

Feb 8, 2021

It is fun must do this if you are a beginner cause it makes you comfortable with the idea of coding and prepares you for the future.

By edicson

Oct 3, 2015

I never realized that programming will be so fun!. I start the course just for curiosity and now I'm completely hook in programming.

By Basundhara P

Nov 2, 2020

Whoever want to learn basic of computer program this course is the best. This course is just for beginner. This course is awesome.

By Lisa T

Nov 17, 2020

Very easy to understand & the assessments were challenging enough to help you learn & comprehend more. Would definitely recommend

By Mauricio G d O

Oct 26, 2015

It was a very intersting course! I've learned a lot and now I feel more confortable to understand any other programming language!

By Fatma H

Sep 3, 2017

It is just an amazing course given by a wonderful instructor.I have learnt a lot of things here that will help me in the future.

By Paul A C C

Jan 5, 2021

Awesome course to introduce yourself to the programming world. This course motivated me to register to more programming course.

By sahith p

Jul 25, 2020

A very useful course if someone who is interested in learning programming and for someone who want to have the taste of gaming.