Back to Code Yourself! An Introduction to Programming

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Code Yourself! An Introduction to Programming by The University of Edinburgh

Have you ever wished you knew how to program, but had no idea where to start from? This course will teach you how to program in Scratch, an easy to use visual programming language. More importantly, it will introduce you to the fundamental principles of computing and it will help you think like a software engineer....

MT
Jun 3, 2020

for a total beginner in coding, this course was the perfect start! It was easy to understand, and easy to program (coding wit already?)\n\nThank you so much for offering such a wonderful way to learn!

ED
Apr 4, 2016

the course is what the name says it is, an introduction to programming, great course for any code beginner. Lecturer is doing amazing job and keeping the lectures interesting, easy and understandable.

226 - 250 of 708 Reviews for Code Yourself! An Introduction to Programming

By Peter B O

May 5, 2017

This course is awesome for newbies in programming and those looking to improve practically.

I highly recommend

By Ivo K

Excellent course for someone who want's to get into programming. Intuitive and interesting, kept me involved.

By Emma A

Aug 21, 2017

Good intro to coding concepts, quite basic but this makes it accessible for people with no coding background.

By Josh V

Apr 27, 2020

I loved the teaching methodologies and style. Very interactive and gives you nice foundation on programming.

By Margarete D

Mar 7, 2018

The first programming course that I followed through! Clear concepts, motivating teachers and plenty of fun.

By Kerzia S

Jan 9, 2016

Just started the course but I can tell this'll be a lot of fun! Areti is charismatic and easy to understand.

By Ivan C

Sep 12, 2020

Well explained concepts to get you started in programming fundamentals. Would recommend it to any beginner.

By Carmen A R

May 6, 2020

Scratch is a lot of fun! I look forward to continuing with Scratch and learning more computer programming.

By MELISSA S

Enjoyed this course. I wanted to become more familiar in scratch before learning C and this really helped.

By Kiran

Aug 26, 2017

Following the real life example in the introduction is really catchy and get involve to the course.

Thanks

By joakim y

Aug 16, 2020

it's awesome! very useful and helpful, specially nowadays! Thank you for sharing the knowledge. Godbless

By Ashley G M

It is easy to follow and it helped me learn a new skill that otherwise wouldn't have been able to learn.

By Holger J

Oct 28, 2020

Excellent presentation

Good storyline & Storytelling

step by step intro but increasing challenge

Very Good

By Clemencia L M

I am an absolute beginner and I enjoyed the course, the material and the interviews. Well done! Gracias

By Alicja W K

Sep 13, 2017

Well done! I learned a lot and the material was presented in a very ordered logical fasion. Thank you.

By pablo

Aug 11, 2016

Great introduction to programing world, one of the best courses i've joined since it's funny to follow.

By Chinmay N

Best course for someone who wants to begin programming and understand algorithms. Highly recommended!!

By Dipal

Oct 27, 2015

Excellent course for Beginners, its fun way of learning programming and software engineering concepts.

By Preethi S

Broke down everything very nicely. Good for beginners to get a high level concept of what coding is.

By Victor D

Oct 10, 2017

A very good course for code structure understanding and to introduce children to the computing world.

By Yeo H M

A great course to learn programming from zero knowledge! The instructors are very clear and concise.

By Nevena N D

May 2, 2020

The course is amazing. Easy to understand explanations are provided for every topic. Thank you both!

By Durga N

Jun 10, 2020

It was my first coding course , and I learn a lot. I hope it will be very helpful for my next step.

By Chiemi B

May 14, 2020

I loved the instructor! She is lively and fun to work with.

Thank you so much. I loved this course!

By Martyna M

Mar 29, 2018

Nice course for the begginers. I liked the deadlines requirement, cause it motivate to be on track.