Back to Code Yourself! An Introduction to Programming

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Code Yourself! An Introduction to Programming by The University of Edinburgh

Have you ever wished you knew how to program, but had no idea where to start from? This course will teach you how to program in Scratch, an easy to use visual programming language. More importantly, it will introduce you to the fundamental principles of computing and it will help you think like a software engineer....

MT
Jun 3, 2020

for a total beginner in coding, this course was the perfect start! It was easy to understand, and easy to program (coding wit already?)\n\nThank you so much for offering such a wonderful way to learn!

ED
Apr 4, 2016

the course is what the name says it is, an introduction to programming, great course for any code beginner. Lecturer is doing amazing job and keeping the lectures interesting, easy and understandable.

151 - 175 of 733 Reviews for Code Yourself! An Introduction to Programming

By Victor H O P

Dec 10, 2015

Muy bien explicado y contenido fácil de entender y comprender, aparte de ser muy ameno y divertido, es genial para los que apenas inician con los conceptos de programación.

By Komal K

Jun 1, 2020

I loved to learn about this game..it was really very good to know about the game that how to create the game project. This is so useful for me.thank you so much Coursera.

By Voldemort L

Jul 22, 2020

I really enjoyed this course. Professor Manataki explains everything very clearly and thoroughly. I have gained far more knowledge in programming than what I had before.

By Aryan P

Jun 29, 2020

this course is good for beginners like me and in the course, they show how to use Scratch. I used Scratch in India, where I was born. I love this program and the course.

By Noga C

Jun 27, 2017

Wonderful course. Very well built with clear and detailed explanations. The tests and assignments are very good for practicing and ensure you understand what was taught.

By natalia l

Sep 14, 2015

Excellent course! I've just finished it in this week and I'm very happy for it. Was a good experience. I'll continue to study programming because I think it so exciting.

By Sujaree W

I get to learn basic elements of programming and coding in an easy way, along with real projects to test my knowledge and further my understanding. I enjoy it very much

By Mohammad S S

Jul 29, 2020

Great course for learning basic programming in Scratch. Youngers can get better experience of programming through this course. I wish, it will help me a lot in future.

By Kritika S

Aug 15, 2020

Instructor is doing super awesome job. It was fun taking this course. And I am grateful to my peers for giving encouraging and constructive remarks. Thanks Coursera!!

By BabahKenxin S

This course makes me can code a simple game in scratch like kinda of broom vs zombies or spaceship games. Amazing for Edinburgh University and it's partner university

By Rebecca

Sep 7, 2016

I loved this course. It taught me how to use this program and I am now able to work with my students at the library to run a robot program that is similar to Scratch.

By Clare B

May 29, 2018

It's very well structured to build up to the final project. It's easy to understand and enjoyable to do at your own speed. The video tutorials are very informative.

By Michael N A

Aug 26, 2020

A great starter for coding languages, python in particular. The instruction was well organized and very fluid. This made coding easy for me and I highly recommend!

By Yang Y

Jul 2, 2017

The course was great! It is fun and easy to understand. It demonstrated clearly about some concepts which I confused for years, such as events, module and so on.

By Pilailuck P

Pretty good course. The projects are really interesting. Even though I have some basic of using Scratch, I still got plenty of new knowledge. Thank you very much.

By Jefferson I C

Oct 9, 2015

Congratulations to teacher Areti for being so sweet, efficient and nice. Thanks to teacher Inés for the interesting interviews.

Jefferson Ivan Corrêa

Bahia - Brazil

By Lorraine

Jul 20, 2020

The teaching is A+ and I thank the University of Edinburgh, Universidad ORT Uruguay and Coursera for giving me this free opportunity to learn quality content :)

By Kimberly R

Jul 19, 2020

This was my first completed course in coursera and I highly recomend it. Every week was interesting and you get to practice and interact with the forum classes.

By Prajwal R P

Nov 14, 2020

The most Exciting course that I have taken so far. If you want to try out the SCRATCH programming language by MIT, this is the best course available right now.

By Marcus D L G

Jan 4, 2016

Just finished Unit 1 and already can't wait to start Unit 2. Yes, the is very basic, but it feels like a great stepping stone before I move on to bigger tasks.

By Candice K

Jul 6, 2020

A great beginner's course - I definitely have the desire to learn more! Thanks for making the material so easy to follow and easy to understand for beginners!

By Chirag S R

May 8, 2020

Never seen before the instructor like Areti Manataki. I have understood every point what she has explained.

Please suggest me other courses she has explained.

By Greg D

Feb 2, 2019

Good introduction to coding - broadly covers the big concepts, and lets you put them into practice with the lectures projects as well as during the lectures.

By Prasad D K

I enjoyed the entire course. resources were also very handy and interesting. The assignments were cool. The structure of the program is also well organized.

By Tran M C

Aug 30, 2020

I really like this course because it has teach about produces, clones and more that are useful and help me with my games. Thank you for making this course.