Back to Code Yourself! An Introduction to Programming

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Code Yourself! An Introduction to Programming by The University of Edinburgh

Have you ever wished you knew how to program, but had no idea where to start from? This course will teach you how to program in Scratch, an easy to use visual programming language. More importantly, it will introduce you to the fundamental principles of computing and it will help you think like a software engineer....

ED
Apr 4, 2016

the course is what the name says it is, an introduction to programming, great course for any code beginner. Lecturer is doing amazing job and keeping the lectures interesting, easy and understandable.

MT
Jun 3, 2020

for a total beginner in coding, this course was the perfect start! It was easy to understand, and easy to program (coding wit already?)\n\nThank you so much for offering such a wonderful way to learn!

176 - 200 of 704 Reviews for Code Yourself! An Introduction to Programming

By Eileen

May 3, 2017

Great course. Highly recommend for anyone wanting to explore their creativity and learn about some development processes. Entry level but really useful.

By Sophie H

Dec 2, 2015

I think it is a great course for everybody, who wants to have a peak inside the world of coding. Lots of fun excercises and a fine balance of homework.

By Levina S

May 2, 2018

Everyone who is thinking to learn about programming I recomend to do this course. With it we can learn easily how to think to programming by yourself.

By Marek S

Dec 30, 2015

It's not just about Scratch - the course helps to understand the basic principles of programming, regardless of the language you intend to code in.

By Chatzikonstantinou S

Oct 18, 2015

Very well organized course! The tutors were helpful and good lecturers. Easy to follow and understand! I particularly liked the extra interviews :)

By Meaghan F

Feb 1, 2017

Very entertaining and fun course that teaches the fundamentals of programing. The instructor was informative and upbeat. Really enjoyable overall.

By Jihed S

Aug 21, 2017

amazing i liked the first teacher the way she introduce lessons i finished the first week and i'm so enthusiast to finish the rest of the course.

By peristeria

Jan 3, 2016

its a great course! I had a lot of fun and learned a lot of info. I really enjoyed. Its a first step in my programming life. Thank you very much!

By Wael A

Apr 2, 2017

it was really a nice experiment and well organised sessions .. i would like to thank the trainer for her good explanation to course materials

By Emma A

Very good introduction to the concepts of computer programming. It is designed in a very clear and easy way, perfect for complete beginners.

By Alexandra N

May 14, 2020

Areti is a great teacher! I love her enthusiasm and the cheerful approach! It was a pleasure learning Scratch, thanks to both of you, girls!

By Parissa T

Jun 23, 2017

Great for beginners looking to find a way to get into programming. The course is very easy to understand and everything is explained well.

By Marlene H

Oct 19, 2015

Excellent course. I knew next to nothing about coding and learnt loads from this with the help of very enjoyable and imaginative teaching.

By MARIO F D

Aug 17, 2015

Excellent introduction to programming; with clear explanations that facilitate learning of the subject to which we are new to the subject.

By Radhika M

Sep 10, 2020

I loved this course, the lessons are on point. Additional interviews were inspiring.

Thanks a lot for coming up with such a great course.

By Deona A

This course was really stupendous. The learning module and the way of teaching were praiseworthy. it really inspired me to go further.

By Seye O

Sep 14, 2020

Amazing course!

Really exposed me to the concept of coding and has given me the confidence to venture into other programming languages.

By Aamir T A

Aug 11, 2020

I learnt beneficial things from this course.

I myself recommend learning from coursera.

'Any other words you would like to have?'

me- :)

By Beatriz M P

esta muy bien el curso pero había problemas con el pago del certificado ME ENCANTA ESTE CURSO pero yo reduciría el numero de proyectos

By Sara N

Aug 4, 2019

very useful as introduction to coding although iam graduated from computer science but really it was helpful and learned me new issues

By Steven C C

Nov 27, 2020

This course effectively prompted pupils with low coding skills to embrace the universal language of coding while having fun doing so.

By Jose L B J

May 2, 2020

I'm 34 years old and I was challenged and I love it. This course would even attract young ones more. Areti is a brilliant instructor.

By edicson

Oct 3, 2015

I never realized that programming will be so fun!. I start the course just for curiosity and now I'm completely hook in programming.

By Basundhara P

Nov 2, 2020

Whoever want to learn basic of computer program this course is the best. This course is just for beginner. This course is awesome.

By Lisa T

Nov 17, 2020

Very easy to understand & the assessments were challenging enough to help you learn & comprehend more. Would definitely recommend