Back to Code Yourself! An Introduction to Programming

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Code Yourself! An Introduction to Programming by The University of Edinburgh

Have you ever wished you knew how to program, but had no idea where to start from? This course will teach you how to program in Scratch, an easy to use visual programming language. More importantly, it will introduce you to the fundamental principles of computing and it will help you think like a software engineer....

ED
Apr 4, 2016

the course is what the name says it is, an introduction to programming, great course for any code beginner. Lecturer is doing amazing job and keeping the lectures interesting, easy and understandable.

MT
Jun 3, 2020

for a total beginner in coding, this course was the perfect start! It was easy to understand, and easy to program (coding wit already?)\n\nThank you so much for offering such a wonderful way to learn!

126 - 150 of 703 Reviews for Code Yourself! An Introduction to Programming

By Lyndell H

Mar 6, 2018

Really good beginner course that has led me to want to learn more and got me thinking about things that are possible through computer programming. Thank you to all involved in this course!

By FGM

May 23, 2020

Congratulations to the instructors. Very well done, very clear and meaningful. All the ingredients to understand and learn the basic concepts of even driven and object based programming.

By Mary M

Jun 25, 2018

Fantastic course for very beginners. I have no prior coding experience, this helped me learn how to think about coding as an exercise and prepares me to learn new programming languages.

By Fülöp M S

Oct 27, 2020

Well setup, easy to follow videos. They give the student the possibility to stop the video and create the code ahead. The information is provided in an interesting, friendly manner.

By Sandra

What a great introduction to programming logic and problem solving. Also, lots of fun, where you get to practice and create several little games. Awesome material and great educator.

By Hugo C

Apr 25, 2020

Great starting course. Recommended for everyone out there starting their programming journey as it introduces you to the basics of development while keeping you motivated to do more.

By Cynthia M

Mar 31, 2020

I thought this class was great at getting me started. I am now taking a more complicated course and am not having trouble being able to do it. Thank you for offering this course.

By abdulrahman h

Jul 5, 2020

this is the best course i have entered yet! it is really simple and fun, i like how creative and simple scratch is.. i would like to thank all the team for the hard work they did.

By Riya D

Dec 27, 2019

It’s a great course for those who want to start learning coding. Coding terminologies and the basics are all taught in a period of 5 weeks and it’s been a really great experience.

By Kaisa V

May 30, 2018

So easy to understand, wonderful teachers, and excellent video quality. Never struggled to understand the concepts presented even though I knew nothing about computer programming!

By Satyajeet M

May 16, 2020

Very good course , I would say the best for anyone to start programming and very good teachers that emphasized the correct points. I am very grateful to have taken this course

By Zvinodashe M

Mar 15, 2017

A brilliant course that is fun, engaging, thorough and well presented. This course must be made a must for newbies wanting to do computer science and programming related topics.

By Awushie D

Oct 27, 2016

This course is so good, I enjoyed every moment of it and learnt so much. What excites me most is how I can make a start button to start a program, I am thrilled beyond words.

By Vrisha S

Oct 4, 2020

I really enjoyed doing something that I used to think of as quite a boring thing to do.

The teachers are really good, plus adding those optional interview was really helpful.

By János A P

May 3, 2020

Hi Areti, you were a motivation and a light during this course. Your positivity shines through the laptop screens. Thank you very much. You are an inspiration. Cheers, Janos

By Josue A G

This is a great course for beginners trying to learn how to code and understanding the basics. I am very satisfied with the lessons and weekly dynamics.

Great work Coursera!

By Priyankar D

I had a lot of fun with this course. A simple game can be created with the help of coded blocks through scratch. I was able to make a simple game at the end of this course.

By Victor H O P

Dec 10, 2015

Muy bien explicado y contenido fácil de entender y comprender, aparte de ser muy ameno y divertido, es genial para los que apenas inician con los conceptos de programación.

By Komal K

Jun 1, 2020

I loved to learn about this game..it was really very good to know about the game that how to create the game project. This is so useful for me.thank you so much Coursera.

By Voldemort L

Jul 22, 2020

I really enjoyed this course. Professor Manataki explains everything very clearly and thoroughly. I have gained far more knowledge in programming than what I had before.

By Aryan P

Jun 29, 2020

this course is good for beginners like me and in the course, they show how to use Scratch. I used Scratch in India, where I was born. I love this program and the course.

By Noga C

Jun 27, 2017

Wonderful course. Very well built with clear and detailed explanations. The tests and assignments are very good for practicing and ensure you understand what was taught.

By natalia l

Sep 14, 2015

Excellent course! I've just finished it in this week and I'm very happy for it. Was a good experience. I'll continue to study programming because I think it so exciting.

By Sujaree W

I get to learn basic elements of programming and coding in an easy way, along with real projects to test my knowledge and further my understanding. I enjoy it very much