Back to Introduction to Psychology

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Introduction to Psychology by University of Toronto

This course will highlight the most interesting experiments within the field of psychology, discussing the implications of those studies for our understanding of the human mind and human behavior. We will explore the brain and some of the cognitive abilities it supports like memory, learning, attention, perception and consciousness. We will examine human development - both in terms of growing up and growing old - and will discuss the manner in which the behavior of others affect our own thoughts and behavior. Finally we will discuss various forms of mental illness and the treatments that are used to help those who suffer from them. The fact of the matter is that humans routinely do amazing things without appreciating how interesting they are. However, we are also routinely influenced by people and events without always being aware of those influences. By the end of this course you will have gained a much better understanding and appreciation of who you are and how you work. And I can guarantee you that you'll learn things that you'll be telling your friends and family about, things that will fundamentally change the way you think of yourself and others. How can you resist that?!...

HW

Feb 17, 2017

I loved every minute of this course! Professor Joordens was very engaging and it was set at just the right pace. I'm looking forward to my next course already! The discussion forums are very helpful.

EC

Dec 16, 2016

good course. suitable for starters. I learnt some basics and something interesting. I now can analyse some social events from the psychology point of view. I understand humanity a little bit better.

101 - 125 of 1,074 Reviews for Introduction to Psychology

By Chang H P

Jun 11, 2020

A good course. suitable for starters.

I came from a non-psychology related background and I learnt some basics of psychology, how this area of studies came about and now I can analyse some social events from the psychology point of view. I can safely claimed that I understand humanity now, a little bit better than before I took up the course.

By Gaurav A

Dec 16, 2016

The course gives a good high level view of different aspects of psychology. Professor Steve truly infuses a positive energy into the entire experience. I do not have any formal psychology education. The course help me establish some fundamentals.

I would surely recommend this course to the beginners. Hope to see an advanced level of the same.

By Trinh T T

Jun 16, 2017

lots of useful knowledge given in a fun and casual way. The lecturer Steve is good, funny and cool. And I love his lectures on kids development for parents as I am a parent of a toddler myself, and I agreed totally with what he said. This course helps you to be aware of the psychological aspect in everyday situations which is cool and usual.

By Parul A

Jan 09, 2017

Wonderful course, wonderful instructor. All the lectures are interesting, relevant, and explained very well. The outside resources (some i could not access because they had been taken down, or the links provided didn't work) were brilliant and very helpful as well.

Prof. Joordens should now start a more advanced course on psychology as well.

By Alice A

May 12, 2020

This course kept me interested all the way. It was pleasurable to take it. I was hooked. I was moving from a lesson to the other wanting to know more and more. Now that it is over I feel empowered with knowledge, but I also feel I want more. I highly recommend it. Many Thanks to Steve Joordens who made it accessible and easy to understand.

By Haley W

Oct 24, 2019

I love this course ! The professor is very clear in what he is explaining and he makes it very interesting. I definitely learned a lot through this course, and hope to find other courses taught by Steve Joordens. I definitely recommend this course to any beginner in Psychology, or anyone hoping to brush up on some knowledge on the subject.

By karankumar k s

Mar 24, 2019

It was really a great informative course. i had great fun learning from prof steve. it certainly perceive world in a different way now thanks to this course. i started this course just for fun purpose but it turned out to be really helpful so i decided to stick to the end.

once again a big thanks to prof steve and coursera for this course.

By Neeraj K M

Jun 18, 2020

I absolutely enjoyed taking this course! Professor Steve Joordens did an incredible job explaining the course material and providing additional reading materials to extend my knowledge thoroughly. I can see his teachings are coming so much by heart that i always find myself excited throughout the course for the next lecture. Thanks Steve.

By Salima A

Jun 07, 2020

It was my very 1st Coursera study and I was so much benefitted by the skills learnt by it. Professor Steve is an awesome person to deliver the lecture, his words kept me bounded to the course as a student and also helped me practice the skills in my daily life.

Thanks a bunch to the team Coursera and My Professor Steve Joordans.

Salima Aziz

By AW

Feb 24, 2018

An accessible, fun course, covering a wide range of topics in the field of Psychology. The content was taught in a very clear and professional, yet light-hearted manner (kudos to prof. Joordens!) I would recommend the course to beginner-to-intermediate level psychology-lovers who would like to deepen their knowledge and gain some insight.

By Chrisyl P

Jul 26, 2020

This was such a comprehensive and compact Cporse encompassing the basics of Psychology. The lecturer, Steve Jorordens did a remarkable job in introducing and touching up on the most important topics and going through them in a very interesting and enjoyable way. The further references and the little life tips given were extremely useful.

By Mara R

Dec 18, 2017

Very good course, very comprehensive, well structured and documented, very useful knowledge and resources. It was a real pleasure to follow the course lesson by lesson. And this is mainly the merit of the wonderful professor who is not only knowledgeable but also very dedicated and funny! Thank you very much for this learning experience!

By Miraculie G A

Jun 07, 2020

I loved the way sir used to teach... In the beginning I thought psychology is very difficult and thought the journey is gonna be tough... After subsequent lectures I started enjoying learning... All credit goes to sir for coming up with interesting topics and explaining every topic in a crisp and clear manner. Hats off to sir

By Abhishek M

Sep 15, 2017

It was an amazing course, so much interesting to learn even from the smallest of the changes happening around. It was beautiful the way Prof. Steve Joordens taught, his usage of examples made things about psychology so easy to understand and relate to even for someone like me who is typically from engineering background. Cheers.

By KHALED C A W

Jun 15, 2020

The course is excellent! The professor is great, the didactics are perfect and it allows a lot of learning! The courses available at Coursera always impress me!

_____________

O curso é excelente! O professor é ótimo, a didática é perfeita e possibilita muita aprendizagem! Os cursos disponíveis no Coursera sempre me impressionam!

By Carmine M P

May 14, 2019

The course was very interesting. The way Prof. explained the themes was great, he made everything easy and accessible, even for someone like me that did not have any confidence with the field of study. Furthermore, the whole course was very well-structured and allow me to be prepared and motivated for every new lesson. Thanks.

By Amanda Q

Aug 28, 2019

Loved this course. I felt like I was in class with Dr. Joordens. He is a great lecturer and relates things to real life. I am teaching Psychology at the high school level, and this gave me so many new ideas and a great outline for how and what to teach. I truly enjoyed being in the class. Can't wait to take another one!

By Vazha

Apr 17, 2018

I would recommend this course to everyone who is interested in Psychology and doesn't know where to start. Very well put together. Got me excited throughout the end of last lecture, learned lot of cool concepts. Whats more to say other than huge thanks to Prof. Steve Joordens and all the people who made this MOOC possible !

By Julie M

Jul 17, 2020

I really enjoyed this course and particularly Steve's obvious enthusiasm for his subject matter. I appreciate the deadline extension since work has been so busy for me which pulled focus as well as the many additional reading and reference recommendations. Some of the links didn't work, but overall, the content was great.

By Лещенко К Н

Oct 17, 2019

Это был очень важный материал по теме введения в психологию. Много примеров, простое изложение и большой интерес к этой теме. Благодарна создателям курса и разработчикам! Особая благодарность ведущему курса, который своей харизмой, вовлеченностью в дело смог раскрыть каждую лекцию и сделать ее полезной и понятной.

By Jen W

Mar 29, 2018

It was an excellent high level overview of psychology. I highly recommend this course for anyone looking to better understand how the brain works and why we do the things we do. So far I've taken two additional courses relating to Psychology and both do not compare to the academic level that this course provides

By Steve V

Jan 08, 2018

Formidable, à tout point de vue. Dire que ce cours est une introduction est un euphémisme. Il balaye l'histoire de la psychologie de manière aussi exhaustive que possible et décrit avec précisions les principaux courants de pensée. Ceci d'une manière didactique qui rend l'enseignement agréable à suivre. A faire !

By Ganapati K

Aug 03, 2017

Brilliant course, covered the entire gamut of Psychology, from the rudiments till developments into this century , including the effect of mind-altering drugs about which one should be circumspect. Many thanks to Professor Steve Joordens to make what is generally viewed as a "dry" subject, interesting throughout.

By Kazi R N P

Jun 09, 2020

This course has been absolutely amazing. Prof. Joordens with his captivating lectures guides us through different aspects of psychology. Although the first two weeks were confusing because not all the links are accessible, but I had no problem with the professors lecture and I enjoyed every bit of it. Thank you.

By Keith R

Dec 18, 2019

Amazing Course with Excellent Faculty!

Professor Steve teaches an outstanding introduction to psychology which breaks down the multifaceted field and presents a plethora of aspects to satiate the desire for an idea of the subject but also ignites a curiosity to explore more in almost every aspect of the field.