Back to Introduction to Psychology

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Introduction to Psychology by University of Toronto

This course will highlight the most interesting experiments within the field of psychology, discussing the implications of those studies for our understanding of the human mind and human behavior. We will explore the brain and some of the cognitive abilities it supports like memory, learning, attention, perception and consciousness. We will examine human development - both in terms of growing up and growing old - and will discuss the manner in which the behavior of others affect our own thoughts and behavior. Finally we will discuss various forms of mental illness and the treatments that are used to help those who suffer from them. The fact of the matter is that humans routinely do amazing things without appreciating how interesting they are. However, we are also routinely influenced by people and events without always being aware of those influences. By the end of this course you will have gained a much better understanding and appreciation of who you are and how you work. And I can guarantee you that you'll learn things that you'll be telling your friends and family about, things that will fundamentally change the way you think of yourself and others. How can you resist that?!...

HW

Feb 17, 2017

I loved every minute of this course! Professor Joordens was very engaging and it was set at just the right pace. I'm looking forward to my next course already! The discussion forums are very helpful.

EC

Dec 16, 2016

good course. suitable for starters. I learnt some basics and something interesting. I now can analyse some social events from the psychology point of view. I understand humanity a little bit better.

226 - 250 of 796 Reviews for Introduction to Psychology

By Laura N P

Feb 09, 2018

Very well explained classes with a varied and interesting range of topics. Steve is just excellent.

By Joice H H D

Apr 05, 2017

It is a great course, with a great professor. The explanations are incredibly well given, the professor makes everything to us to understand his lessons, and gives links for more information, which are always valid and help us understand the issues with another vision, it isn't just the professor's opinions we get. I really loved this course! Cognitive Cannibal forever!!!

By Samantha S

Mar 23, 2018

I love your personality. It makes it very easy to learn from you!

By Gina Z

Mar 06, 2018

I love the way of Joordens' teaching and the recommended books and vedios. Although I'm not a native speaker, I found myself enjoy the class and understand most of the materials. Thank you Mr Joordens.

By M V R

Jan 27, 2018

Very informative course. Prof. Steve Joordens' lecturing is very interesting and fun.

By Maham I

Jan 31, 2017

superb

By Jesús P R

May 06, 2017

Great course for all those interested in pychology like me. The teacher is just fantastic, the lessons are estructured and organised in a way that is easy to follow and understand. This course is really a positive action in our lifes.

By Gerallt B

Oct 18, 2017

Excellent course.

By Rumi B

Jul 15, 2017

very good professor, very good course.

By Hasina K

Oct 10, 2017

Professor Steeve J. is an excellent teacher. I learned and enjoyed this subject and course both in equal measures. THANK YOU!!

By Cat W

Aug 04, 2017

Awesome course with a very personal approach! Thanks a lot!!

By Станислав

Nov 22, 2017

Stunningly interesting and informative course. Acquired a lot of useful knowledge, allowing answers to a wide range of questions. Very charismatic and inspiring lecturer. I am thankful.

By Jolicoeur J S G

Sep 25, 2017

the course is well taught and the teacher is really trying to get us to get a better look

By Tara V

Jun 13, 2018

I love Psychology so this is a great course for me.

By Lara N T

Nov 19, 2017

Very beneficial and efficient

By Meriem C

Jan 17, 2018

This course is faaascinating ! :D

It's a bit different from what i expected, but totally enjoyed it and I think I have learnt a lot from it.

I did not like the first assignement though.

By Jasmine K

May 17, 2017

Steve Joordens is an amazing professor and offered much more than a standard, although comprehensive, curriculum. The way in which he so intimately involved himself with the students was incredibly impressive and an effective teaching strategy in better engaging interest. I enjoyed this MOOC so much I will be keeping an eye out for any public lectures Joordens may be giving in Toronto, where I live. Without doubt, a 5 star course!

By Nouran A

Nov 23, 2017

Learned a lot from the course. Loved it!

By Mara R

Dec 18, 2017

Very good course, very comprehensive, well structured and documented, very useful knowledge and resources. It was a real pleasure to follow the course lesson by lesson. And this is mainly the merit of the wonderful professor who is not only knowledgeable but also very dedicated and funny! Thank you very much for this learning experience!

By Feride Z A

Sep 23, 2017

This course is really works if you want to see whether you are into psychology or not.

By Arooba H M

Jan 27, 2018

Great professor and course!

By Azhibayeva D

Oct 26, 2017

I like this couse very much! It's so interesting and helpful to learn about ourselves.

By Martin R

Apr 21, 2018

An excellent overview and introduction to the world of Psychology. This course covers a huge amount, but Steve is an excellent presenter and he makes the subjects interesting and easy to follow. This has really taught me a lot and has given me a real drive to learn much more. Thanks Steve!

By Miriam M

Dec 14, 2017

Great course. Steve's lectures were fantastic, interesting with a hint of humor. Really enjoyed all of it.

By Kermina P

Aug 03, 2017

This course totally simplifies psychology and makes it intersting even more. Prof. Jordeens is just too friendly and a likable person. he's a good example of what psychology does to people :). i was honoured to be he's student and i would definitely jump at a chance like this again.