Back to Introduction to Psychology

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Introduction to Psychology by University of Toronto

This course will highlight the most interesting experiments within the field of psychology, discussing the implications of those studies for our understanding of the human mind and human behavior. We will explore the brain and some of the cognitive abilities it supports like memory, learning, attention, perception and consciousness. We will examine human development - both in terms of growing up and growing old - and will discuss the manner in which the behavior of others affect our own thoughts and behavior. Finally we will discuss various forms of mental illness and the treatments that are used to help those who suffer from them. The fact of the matter is that humans routinely do amazing things without appreciating how interesting they are. However, we are also routinely influenced by people and events without always being aware of those influences. By the end of this course you will have gained a much better understanding and appreciation of who you are and how you work. And I can guarantee you that you'll learn things that you'll be telling your friends and family about, things that will fundamentally change the way you think of yourself and others. How can you resist that?!...

HW

Feb 17, 2017

I loved every minute of this course! Professor Joordens was very engaging and it was set at just the right pace. I'm looking forward to my next course already! The discussion forums are very helpful.

EC

Dec 16, 2016

good course. suitable for starters. I learnt some basics and something interesting. I now can analyse some social events from the psychology point of view. I understand humanity a little bit better.

226 - 250 of 1,142 Reviews for Introduction to Psychology

By Malamati G

Aug 06, 2019

Me tomó mucho más tiempo del que esperaba por motivos personales, pero en realidad puedes avanzar muy rápido. Es muy interesante, especialmente cuando no tienes ningún tipo de conocimiento previo sobre psicología. Me gustó demasiado.

By Dimple Y

Apr 05, 2019

The course was extremely informative. Professor is quite fun to watch, he makes the subject even more interesting. The course comes from the love of the subject! Would recommend anyone who wants to understand the basics of Psychology.

By Jesús P R

May 06, 2017

Great course for all those interested in pychology like me. The teacher is just fantastic, the lessons are estructured and organised in a way that is easy to follow and understand. This course is really a positive action in our lifes.

By Angelina M V

Jan 10, 2020

This course helped me understand what is and what is not Psychology as a science. With a balanced blend between theory examples and videos I got my explanations for a number of phenomena related to human behavior. Thank you in deed.

By Carla L R

Nov 27, 2017

The whole course is exceptional. Not only Steve Joordan is a great teacher who clearly and graciously explains in detail every concept but also the follow-up material he provides is really interesting. I highly recommend this course.

By Anabela C

El curso es excelente, Steve Joordens es un profesor de mente abierta y que sabe transmitir conocimientos sin condicionar. Estoy muy contenta y agradecida por este curso que tanto me enseño a la vez que lo disfrute. Lo recomiendo !

By Emmanuel A A

Apr 17, 2019

This course is awesome and you know what, prof Steve jordens is making the subject more interesting day in and day out.I now know psychology is a very pertinent course needed everywhere most especially when human being are involved

By Zsuzsa F

Jun 05, 2018

I really really enjoyed it. The entire course is amazing. I love the fact that he touched every topic and i would study all courses from the lecturer even if he taught a whole course on each week's topic. Amazing lecturer for sure.

By Zita M

Oct 31, 2017

This course was my first one on Coursera. Now my expectations are very high... I was thrilled and my interest level remained high through the full duration of this course -- which is a rare phenomenon... Thank you, Prof. Joordens!

By Supantha R

Jul 28, 2020

The course is very good and I enjoyed it. It has helped me to learn many things. But I faced sound problems with some videos. I think you have to increase the volume of some videos because they are too low to understand properly.

By Sheeba N

Dec 12, 2019

Love the fact that you can finish the course at your own pace. The fact that the topic Psychology is a very vast one, still to compile and bring it together is a good job done. Looking for related courses soon. Thanks once again.

By Eric

Jun 05, 2017

If you are interested in the brain, human behaviors... then this course is made for you. With complete and understandable information, Steve (the teacher) initiates you to psychology. He is dynamic and funny. One of my best MOOC!

By HARIKRISHNAN C I

Jun 14, 2020

Professor Steve Joordens has lead us through the fantastic world of Psychology and was a great experience for me.The classes are meaningful,engaging and informative .I suggest this course to all who are interested in psychology.

By Iván M G D 3 h

Jul 20, 2020

Excellent training, differences from other courses, this has its beginning from the base, from the funcoinamiento of the different parts of the brain and its different functions. Thank you very much to all. A coordial greeting.

By Chandra M

Jul 05, 2019

A very intense course. Lots of information but overall very enlightening and educational. I would highly recommend this course to anyone interested in understanding Psychology. Professor was excellent a explaining the topics .

By Md. H M

Feb 10, 2019

This course is Very informative and easily designed for the new learners who don't have much idea about psychology. I'm enjoying the course and it unleashes my quest for further learning. Thanks Coursera for the awesome course.

By Silvia C

Sep 15, 2020

Excellent! Amazing course! Steve Joordens has chosen very interesting topics and developed them in a very clear and entertaining way. I would highly recommend this course. I have learned a lot!! I've started missing it already

By Mei-Lyn W

Feb 21, 2018

Steve Joordens is an extremely wonderful educator - this course was not only insightful but presented in a way that encouraged me to explore more concepts on my own. Would recommend it to anyone with an interest in Psychology!

By Gema P Y V

Jul 19, 2020

Thank you so much. I took this course because my university proposes it, and I think that it was amazing to learn about how our minds work, the development of the classes, the videos, the topics, and the teacher was so great!

By Samantha

Oct 19, 2017

A thought provoking and very interesting course. I really enjoyed it and Steve Joordens is a great teacher. His easy and friendly nature makes it easy to take in the courses content without being bogged down and overwhelmed.

By Leonardo E J

Aug 09, 2020

I must say, the lectures and videos were absolutely amazing. they were clear, to the point and had perfect delivery. Thank you for teaching us. I would recommend anyone interested in learning psychology to take this course.

Dec 17, 2019

Very informative course. I wanted to take a course just the purpose of becoming more aware of psychology. Not for my career or because I had to. I simply enjoy learning. The content and the Professor did not disappoint.

By Shilpa J

Aug 15, 2017

I simply loved the course. Prof. Steve Jordens beautifully explains all concepts and keeps the mood lively and funny along with informative. Extremely good to understand basic concepts. I would highly recommend this course.

By Naveen K D

This is such a complex subject, explained and guided so well by Prof. Steve. It definitely had profound impact on my learning !! Thank You Coursera and Prof. Steve for such a wonderful Job :) Highly Recommend this Course.

By Mohd.Rizwan

Sep 01, 2017

Mind blowing course from beginner level to the higher level. This course will help anyone who is interested in psychology and want to implement it into day to day life and also who want to build their career in psychology.