Back to Introduction to Psychology

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Introduction to Psychology by University of Toronto

This course will highlight the most interesting experiments within the field of psychology, discussing the implications of those studies for our understanding of the human mind and human behavior. We will explore the brain and some of the cognitive abilities it supports like memory, learning, attention, perception and consciousness. We will examine human development - both in terms of growing up and growing old - and will discuss the manner in which the behavior of others affect our own thoughts and behavior. Finally we will discuss various forms of mental illness and the treatments that are used to help those who suffer from them. The fact of the matter is that humans routinely do amazing things without appreciating how interesting they are. However, we are also routinely influenced by people and events without always being aware of those influences. By the end of this course you will have gained a much better understanding and appreciation of who you are and how you work. And I can guarantee you that you'll learn things that you'll be telling your friends and family about, things that will fundamentally change the way you think of yourself and others. How can you resist that?!...

HW

Feb 17, 2017

I loved every minute of this course! Professor Joordens was very engaging and it was set at just the right pace. I'm looking forward to my next course already! The discussion forums are very helpful.

EC

Dec 16, 2016

good course. suitable for starters. I learnt some basics and something interesting. I now can analyse some social events from the psychology point of view. I understand humanity a little bit better.

176 - 200 of 1,148 Reviews for Introduction to Psychology

By Sana K

Dec 20, 2016

I found this course to be very informative and engaging. Professor Joordens explains everything in a very interesting manner, quoting many examples. I would highly recommend this to anyone who has a budding interest in psychology and wants to see what its all about.

By Md.Tanvir A E

May 08, 2020

The course was well constructed! Considering how much material was presented, I felt Steve did a wonderful job explaining relevant points. He was also quite entertaining and that is the best thing about him because this is how we were always engaging with lecture.

By Alfredo E O Q

Jan 23, 2020

Great! Very clear and illustrative! I work on behavioral science from economics theory. I feel that since this course I have an "over the average" general culture about psychological referents in my field. Steve is very charismatic and great teacher. Very enjoyable.

By Shrutika M

May 11, 2017

If You are even the slightest bit interested in Psychology, you should definitely join this course.

I am a Psychology student, have been studying for 4 years now, still had a couple of doubts, this course cleared them all.

Amazing professor , love the way he teaches!

By Nitin S

Jun 01, 2020

This is one of the best courses I have ever taken on coursera. This course has changed the way I see psychology and have given me a completely different view to perceive others, their thoughts, and feelings. Thanks to the wonderful teaching of Prof. Steve Joordens.

By Jose A M

Oct 31, 2018

Without doubt one of the best MOOC courses I have seen. Thorough yet fun lectures with lots of additional resources. Special thanks to Steve in making this course a delight to follow. I made up my mind, if one day I pursue academic studies it will be in Psychology.

By Hilana Y A H

Excellent course, I learned a lot and the most important part is that I enjoyed every bit of the sessions. Many thanks to the coursera team, and a big thank you to Professor Steve Joordens who provided wonderful explanations and made us interested in the material.

By Jayam P

Jul 19, 2020

One of the best courses there is. The course completely met my expectation and had a variety of material. I really enjoyed the class and primarily because of his teaching methods. I not only learned about psychology but also about teaching methods and techniques.

By Tasnim K

Jul 30, 2017

My interest in psychology is growing day by day and this course, no doubt, has kept up with my expectations. Really, I learnt a lot about brain, it's working, mental illness and treatment. I would encourage someone willing to start with psychology to this course.

By Amit K

Feb 15, 2017

Good introductory course on psychology for a novice like me. The human behavior is fascinating and the breadth of the course covers this aspect in a few good way. The professor is also very knowledgeable and makes the class fun with additional reference material.

By Rashmi S N

Jul 01, 2018

Prof Steve Joordens, I can not thank you enough. The course was interesting, educative and fun. I learned a lot and I regained the confidence that knowledge can be gained at any age. I didn’t realize how much I enjoyed the process of learning. Thank you so much.

By Lisa A G

Jul 14, 2020

I throughly enjoyed this course I thought Steve was amazing, he felt very personable. It was a brilliant course for me to do, during the pandemic and has helped me immensely dealing with it. The course has helped me understand people a little more. Thank you !

By Noelle c

Jun 08, 2020

Really enjoyed this course. Steve is a great presenter, very natural and relatable and made it easy to listen to all the information coming at us online. Using videos and readings also made it very useful (although a lot of these could be updated). Many thanks.

By Esra Y

Dec 09, 2018

I highly recommend this course to everyone interested in psychology. Prof. Steve Joordens is a great lecturer. It was a very thought-provoking, entertaining and engaging journey for me. I am looking forward to having another courses by Joordens, hopefully soon!

By Jim K

Jan 01, 2017

I love this course very much and it was a great 10 weeks' study. All the lectures are very well prepared covering a lot of areas of psychology. Professor Steve's is quite humorous and explain those topics very clearly. I am looking forward to his next course.

By Gayle M

Sep 03, 2020

Great course! Best MOOC I've taken on Psychology so far. Steve Joordens is a fantastic teacher. Loved his style, easy to learn and he made each lesson funny as well as entertaining. I would take any of his courses in the future. Thanks for the memories.

By Büşra G U

Apr 20, 2020

Professor Joordens taught everything crystal clear with supporting the content with examples and experiments. I believe I could not learn this much if I had this course at my college. I am eager to learn more about psychology, thanks to Professor Joordens.

By Milca d S H

Jul 21, 2020

The classes were amazing and I am sure that they will help me as in my personal as in my professional life. I recomend it for those who are both interested in learnig about Psychology and would like to improve the understanding of psychological concepts.

By Hariharan B

Jun 23, 2020

I really like the course contents and the delivery by Professor Steve Joordens. I was watching the entire thing at 2x and still had no difficulties understanding anything whatsoever. Looking forward to him possibly making more advanced psychology courses.

By Waleed A

Aug 19, 2017

It is really a great course, and I recommend it to everyone, especially professor Steve Joordens, I can't express how much I like his personality, although I did not meet him but it is clear in his videos, and wish one day to be one of his class students.

By Pitchapa N

Jul 31, 2020

Very detailed, intensive course. This courses is good for who familiar with biological/scientific words, but who is not from scientific area of study can also learn from the lessons. I learned a lot about psychology without studying similar class before.

By Keya V

Jun 08, 2020

Professor Steve Joordens is absolutely brilliant. He teaches every concept with interest and is a delight to listen to. The course content is already very interesting and the professor makes it even more so with well thought out explanations and examples

By Katrin T

May 22, 2020

Very good overview with interesting contents. Challenging, but not too difficult. The good explanations help to understand the contents, even if you are a beginner. Still, you don't get the feeling that it's all just beginner's stuff. Thank you, Steeve.

By Somtoo N

Jul 07, 2020

Thanks to the lectures of Prof Joordens, I am exposed to a lot of concepts which I now understand vividly. My appreciation goes to you Sir and the whole Coursera team for making it possible for me to acquire this much knowledge in such a brief period.