Back to Introduction to Psychology

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Introduction to Psychology by University of Toronto

This course will highlight the most interesting experiments within the field of psychology, discussing the implications of those studies for our understanding of the human mind and human behavior. We will explore the brain and some of the cognitive abilities it supports like memory, learning, attention, perception and consciousness. We will examine human development - both in terms of growing up and growing old - and will discuss the manner in which the behavior of others affect our own thoughts and behavior. Finally we will discuss various forms of mental illness and the treatments that are used to help those who suffer from them. The fact of the matter is that humans routinely do amazing things without appreciating how interesting they are. However, we are also routinely influenced by people and events without always being aware of those influences. By the end of this course you will have gained a much better understanding and appreciation of who you are and how you work. And I can guarantee you that you'll learn things that you'll be telling your friends and family about, things that will fundamentally change the way you think of yourself and others. How can you resist that?!...

HW

Feb 17, 2017

I loved every minute of this course! Professor Joordens was very engaging and it was set at just the right pace. I'm looking forward to my next course already! The discussion forums are very helpful.

EC

Dec 16, 2016

good course. suitable for starters. I learnt some basics and something interesting. I now can analyse some social events from the psychology point of view. I understand humanity a little bit better.

126 - 150 of 778 Reviews for Introduction to Psychology

By naivedya n

Mar 10, 2018

Amazing course! Prof. Joordan did a great job. His way of interaction and teaching really made me want to leave everything else behind to learn, which i saying a lot.

By Sanchari D

Jul 14, 2017

It was awesome and very enlightening .

Looking forward to similar courses

By Daniele C S d F

Mar 06, 2017

The professor is really excited about the subject, I was really excited about the class. It's the first online course that I have finished.

By Jessica I C A

Jun 16, 2017

It's an excellent course. The teacher is very charismatic and his explanations are clear. Also, he provides a lot of examples and give you a bunch of links for further references.

By Liz

May 04, 2017

Most Excellent. Professor was engaging, knowledgeable, and motivating. I looked forward to going home after work to learn from his videos. I would like to see more of his work if there is anything offered. Thank you for a wonderful experience!

By Gunjan C

Mar 13, 2017

I had ultimate fun during this course. Steve is excellent when it comes to explaining about anything!

By Alexandre S

Mar 17, 2018

Very good overview of psychology. Prof Joordeens is ery entairtaining and makes this topic fun to learn

By rezvan s

Jun 18, 2017

great course and great instructor!! Loved this course!

By Jingyu L

Aug 06, 2017

Great fun to learn psychology and really helpful. I always want to study psychology and so glad to join this course.

By Mark S

Dec 15, 2016

I've given this course five stars because I've conformed to the masses and was told to rate with five stars...

Nah! Seriously though, I would recommend this course to anybody. It is brilliant and Steve Joordens explains things amazingly, the best way that somebody who is 6'3" tall can do! :)

Fantastic course. Hope there's a follow-up/advanced course as I'd be more than interested.

By Daniel A

Dec 22, 2016

Fascinating. Well taught, and really liked the additional links and resources.

By Haritha

Jun 16, 2018

I have had the best experience ever, everything I have learnt I can actually see it right in front of my eyes happening with people and I am looking forward to see more courses like this.

By Eduardo L

Dec 05, 2016

Wonderful understanding of Psychology and passionate instructor!

By Dragana Đ

Oct 20, 2016

One of the best courses on coursera at this time!

By Praveen G

Mar 31, 2018

Very engaging!!

By Suvashree D

Jul 07, 2018

The best online course I have taken so far. Thanks Prof Steve Joordens for making the content so interesting. I would love to do another course with him.

By Khalid Z

Oct 21, 2017

Nice Learning for Psychology Students :)

By Yasmine A M

Jul 21, 2017

Amazing!!

This is my second time taking this course, it's loaded with information and it introduces all the branches of psychology really effectively.

Prof. Steve Joordens is wonderful! he's so passionate about what he does, and no one can get bored from listening to his lectures.

Thank you Prof.Steve and thank you coursera for giving us this great opportunity!

By Francisco F

Sep 23, 2017

This course is really good and complete to understand what Psychology is about. Prof. Joordens covers psychology from biological to therapeutical aspects that will not only help you understand a topic of knowledge but actually understand your own behavior. The focus of this course is scientific so you'll get a sense not only of your brain but also of resources that can help you learn more after you finish the course. It's one of the course I'd recommend to everyone but especially to those who are considering it as a potential career.

By Carla L R

Nov 27, 2017

The whole course is exceptional. Not only Steve Joordan is a great teacher who clearly and graciously explains in detail every concept but also the follow-up material he provides is really interesting. I highly recommend this course.

By syd p

Feb 15, 2017

This class was awesome! Prof. Joordens was excellent.

By Diego Y Y

Feb 01, 2017

Very easy to understand. Suitable for psychological newbies like me. The only thing I regret is that some video links offered by the course are not available.

By Audrey S

Nov 13, 2016

Very fascinating lectures on psychology that helps you understand how your mind (and other people's mind) works.

By Lola R

Nov 22, 2017

Great course! Really interesting material presentation and handling! Wish it could last longer. :)

By Maria-Anastasia A

Mar 10, 2017

Super interesting course, that talks about a lot of different topics. Highly recommended.