Back to Introduction to Psychology

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Introduction to Psychology by University of Toronto

This course will highlight the most interesting experiments within the field of psychology, discussing the implications of those studies for our understanding of the human mind and human behavior. We will explore the brain and some of the cognitive abilities it supports like memory, learning, attention, perception and consciousness. We will examine human development - both in terms of growing up and growing old - and will discuss the manner in which the behavior of others affect our own thoughts and behavior. Finally we will discuss various forms of mental illness and the treatments that are used to help those who suffer from them. The fact of the matter is that humans routinely do amazing things without appreciating how interesting they are. However, we are also routinely influenced by people and events without always being aware of those influences. By the end of this course you will have gained a much better understanding and appreciation of who you are and how you work. And I can guarantee you that you'll learn things that you'll be telling your friends and family about, things that will fundamentally change the way you think of yourself and others. How can you resist that?!...

HW

Feb 17, 2017

I loved every minute of this course! Professor Joordens was very engaging and it was set at just the right pace. I'm looking forward to my next course already! The discussion forums are very helpful.

EC

Dec 16, 2016

good course. suitable for starters. I learnt some basics and something interesting. I now can analyse some social events from the psychology point of view. I understand humanity a little bit better.

26 - 50 of 796 Reviews for Introduction to Psychology

By Muhammad Q A R

Nov 22, 2018

Well, this course built the base of my Psychology and help me understand some real like problems.

By Panthip B S

Nov 25, 2018

Great class to learn about humans mind! The professor is amazing!! thank you for a fun class! this make me want to continue my study about Psychology!!

By Robert B S

Nov 25, 2018

Great course !! Understandable for beginning students of Psychology. The Professor makes it fun and a pleasure to learn Psychology to your heart's content.

By Camilla F

Nov 27, 2018

Prof. Joordens is highly inspiring, motivated and well prepared. While doing a PhD, the amount of time available for online courses is not a lot, however, it was a pleasure to spend part of my free time in learning Introduction to psychology. I am looking forward to follow-up courses by Prof. Joordens.

By Joanne D

Nov 28, 2018

Excellent, engaging and informative.

By Sebastián G K

Nov 28, 2018

I can't believe I'm finishing this course! I have to admit it was an amazing journey. This is a comprehensive introduction to psychology that covers lots of topics generally but gives you the tools and motivation for further analysis.

When I started I thought psychology was just about why we do things, and I couldn't have been more wrong. This course has opened my eyes, now I understand lots of day to day situations and I'm eager to keep learning.

You'll explore lots of interesting experiments that exemplify different situations and helps you understand how experimentation works in the field these days and throughout history.

Don't expect to be able to analize people and completely analize yourself. This course lets you grasp the concepts and enables you to think through in these situations. Developing, in this way, you critical thinking skills. Now it's up to you to decide wether to keep up with these remarkable lectures.

Thanks Professor Joordens for this amazing time.

Best regards,

Sebastián, from Argentina

By Sakina S

Jan 07, 2019

I loved everything about this course! Thoroughly interesting and a great introduction to the fascinating field of psychology.

By Starry Z

Jan 06, 2019

Great intro course! It is super organized and the logic flow is so smooth. I really enjoyed the slides and everything about it.

By Deborah R

Jan 07, 2019

Absolutely loved it! It was my first course and it definitely made me want to continue learning about psychology. The teacher was amazing.

By Oksana K

Jan 20, 2019

Excellent profound course on psychology, it really sparked my inerest to study further!

By fasdsdf

Jan 23, 2019

非常好

By Eduardo E U V

Feb 06, 2019

Amazing course, and excellent professor!!

By Md. H M

Feb 10, 2019

This course is Very informative and easily designed for the new learners who don't have much idea about psychology. I'm enjoying the course and it unleashes my quest for further learning. Thanks Coursera for the awesome course.

By sonia p

Feb 15, 2019

Lots of information that is relevant and the professor was able to explain the concept very well.

By Saba

Feb 14, 2019

Totally awesome! great course

By Ila H

Feb 15, 2019

It was a wonderful course. I will be eventually pursuing a full psychology degree because of Professor Steve Joordens class. He did a splendid job at explaining the different concepts while relating them to every day life and being entertaining to boot. Excellent course! Two thumbs up for Coursera!

By makan

Feb 17, 2019

Very good course! I learned a lot from the lecturer, and the online course complements the textbook that I am reading on introductory psychology. Very informative!

By Christian S

Feb 07, 2019

A very good course that taught me a lot!

A good decision to take this.

By Non A

Feb 26, 2019

This is by far the best psychology course I have ever taken: Funny, witty, and truly deeply informative.

By Taina R B

Feb 26, 2019

I learned a lot with this course !! thank you so much

By Caroline T

Mar 01, 2019

Amazing course... I loved it and the teacher is awesome and fascinating

it gives you great understanding and a real good general culture on psychology digging into various aspects of it.

I highly advise taking this course even just out of curiosity...

By Hala Q

Mar 03, 2019

Very interesting course, easy to follow and engaging professor!

By EVVALA S B

Feb 21, 2019

Prof.Joordens had given his 100% effort to make the course easy to understand and i liked this online course for giving flexibility in learning