Back to Introduction to Psychology

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Introduction to Psychology by University of Toronto

This course will highlight the most interesting experiments within the field of psychology, discussing the implications of those studies for our understanding of the human mind and human behavior. We will explore the brain and some of the cognitive abilities it supports like memory, learning, attention, perception and consciousness. We will examine human development - both in terms of growing up and growing old - and will discuss the manner in which the behavior of others affect our own thoughts and behavior. Finally we will discuss various forms of mental illness and the treatments that are used to help those who suffer from them. The fact of the matter is that humans routinely do amazing things without appreciating how interesting they are. However, we are also routinely influenced by people and events without always being aware of those influences. By the end of this course you will have gained a much better understanding and appreciation of who you are and how you work. And I can guarantee you that you'll learn things that you'll be telling your friends and family about, things that will fundamentally change the way you think of yourself and others. How can you resist that?!...

HW

Feb 17, 2017

I loved every minute of this course! Professor Joordens was very engaging and it was set at just the right pace. I'm looking forward to my next course already! The discussion forums are very helpful.

EC

Dec 16, 2016

good course. suitable for starters. I learnt some basics and something interesting. I now can analyse some social events from the psychology point of view. I understand humanity a little bit better.

151 - 175 of 816 Reviews for Introduction to Psychology

By Swarup K

Feb 18, 2018

Professor Steve Jordan is a great teacher. he has carefully and patiently explained the concepts and made it fun learning psychology. this was a gateway for me to get a better understanding of psychological concepts.

By Catharina ( W

Aug 02, 2017

Very nice course touching on all possible aspects related to psychology. I have truly enjoyed every minute of it, and would like to thank Steve Joordens for the highly motivating, inspiring and enthusiastic videos.

By Elisheva S

Jun 06, 2019

interesting, fun and easy to follow.

Done as a complete amateur, for enrichment.

I also found the links for future learning really wonderful, and introduced me to further sources of knowledge on the web. thank you!

By Maria A G

Feb 17, 2018

Amazing course! Every single lecture was clear, interesting, and entertaining. Would 100% recommend this to anyone who's interested in starting Psychology as it offers a wide, general view of many different topics.

By Manal A

Jan 22, 2018

One of the most entertaining and insightful courses on Psychology I've taken. Professor Joordens is a delight! This course is definitely recommended for anyone interested in learning about psychology in a cool way!

By Catherine.Marty

Nov 25, 2017

Excellent course, the professor is simply amazing, making difficult things appear easy to understand and easy to remember. The course material is great, diversified, very informative and accessible. Thanks for this

By İrem M

Mar 20, 2019

This course was very entertaining and beneficial for me. I really enjoyed to participate all of the lectures.Also, essay process also broadened my horizons. Thank you to Mr. Joordens and everyone who contributed.

By Trinity S

Dec 03, 2018

This course was absolutely amazing. Professor Steve Joordens made it so much fun to learn about all of the different topics within Psychology and I would be more than happy to be a part of more course's from him.

By 方冠华

Jul 05, 2017

Great great course. It gave me a brief overview of psychology, as well as very detailed, in-depth discussion of some psychological topics. If there if any consequential course, I would definitely register for it.

By remi d J

Oct 27, 2018

This is a great course to learn to understand the basics of psychology. I really helps you to understand how big and complicated the world is but also opens your eyes to the intresting parts of the human psychy.

By Alexa G

Jun 15, 2019

I really liked this course because it was so interesting and allowed me to learn a lot of new things as well as refresh my knowledge.

Thank you very much Professor Joordens for your dedication.

Alexa Grabher

By Andy T

Sep 21, 2017

Thank you Steve for presenting such a wonderful course. fascinating material which has given me new insights and left me wanting to learn more. This was my first MOOC with Coursera and I will be back for more!

By Ankit M

Jul 17, 2018

Amazing course. Truly amazing. I love the prof, the syllabus and the assignments. Online courses actually help you seek education from some of the best thinkers and teachers in the world. Highly satisfied.

By Mostafa M E

Aug 28, 2017

this course was amazing in everything with a fantastic topic. it really achieved his point at least with me that is to make you love psychology with the amazing way of teaching. it is really a master piece

By Sonya M

Aug 21, 2017

Wow! This course is a really AWESOME introduction to all things psychology - I would love to take more courses with the same professor and recommend this to anyone interested to learn more about the topic.

By Junjun Y

Jun 13, 2018

super impressed by the instructor who is apparent passionate about teaching and knows the stuffs well. very satisfied with the materials he presented and shared through links. learned a lot on the topic.

By Katia c

Aug 16, 2018

Prof Steve Joordens is an excellent teacher and drives our class with gracefulness, humor and intelligent comments. In short Introduction to Psychology is a very interesting and usefull course.

thanks,

By Jorge G

Aug 23, 2018

outstanding overview. the professor is incredibly knowledgeable, entertaining and does a great job of explaining the concepts. I wish there were more courses by this same professor. highly recommended.

By Gina Z

Mar 06, 2018

I love the way of Joordens' teaching and the recommended books and vedios. Although I'm not a native speaker, I found myself enjoy the class and understand most of the materials. Thank you Mr Joordens.

By Cristina A

Mar 15, 2017

Absolutely amazing course. And so much fun to follow. Prof Joordens is extremely talented in efficient teaching. I enjoyed taking this course tremendousely and wih there was a part 2 (and 3, and 4,...)

By Ege Y

Feb 02, 2017

Some of the best things i`ve learned in life was in this course. Really grateful to coursera for giving us the chance to meet with Prof. Joordens and for the chance to start to pursue an academic life.

By Sophie G

Dec 04, 2018

Not only did the professor teach us the basics of psychology very clearly, but he also did it with humor and sympathy by explaining his passion. It made the course more appreciable to watch and hear.

By Clara V

Apr 03, 2019

Awesome course! Prof. Steve Joordens is cheerful, entertaining and explains complicated things in a simple way. It was a pleasure to complete this course and to learn about the bases of psychology.

By Barath S S

Sep 10, 2019

I really like Psychology...so Coursera has given this platform to learn this!!! Thanks a lot!!!

Have gained knowledge about this topic. Actually this really is helpful.

Thanks Again Team COURSERA!!!

By Todor P

Feb 14, 2017

The course was very interesing. I especially liked the experiments that were included. My favorite topics were the Weeks Memory and Social Mind. I also liked the was Steve presented the lectures.