Back to Introduction to Psychology

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Introduction to Psychology by University of Toronto

This course will highlight the most interesting experiments within the field of psychology, discussing the implications of those studies for our understanding of the human mind and human behavior. We will explore the brain and some of the cognitive abilities it supports like memory, learning, attention, perception and consciousness. We will examine human development - both in terms of growing up and growing old - and will discuss the manner in which the behavior of others affect our own thoughts and behavior. Finally we will discuss various forms of mental illness and the treatments that are used to help those who suffer from them. The fact of the matter is that humans routinely do amazing things without appreciating how interesting they are. However, we are also routinely influenced by people and events without always being aware of those influences. By the end of this course you will have gained a much better understanding and appreciation of who you are and how you work. And I can guarantee you that you'll learn things that you'll be telling your friends and family about, things that will fundamentally change the way you think of yourself and others. How can you resist that?!...

HW

Feb 17, 2017

I loved every minute of this course! Professor Joordens was very engaging and it was set at just the right pace. I'm looking forward to my next course already! The discussion forums are very helpful.

EC

Dec 16, 2016

good course. suitable for starters. I learnt some basics and something interesting. I now can analyse some social events from the psychology point of view. I understand humanity a little bit better.

151 - 175 of 1,220 Reviews for Introduction to Psychology

By Ronald P

Jan 16, 2020

Steve Joordens' series of lectures certainly makes the journey quite enjoyable and insightful. The course covers a wide range of subjects from the historical to the biological until the practical uses of psychology and even some abstract aspects of human behavior. Very complete and dynamic course.

By Robin E

Jul 27, 2018

This course by Prof. Steve Joordens gives a very good insight into psychology. Once you have accustomed to his humor, the classes are very enjoyable and informative. He also did the extra mile and offered additional videos. Thanks to the Bill and Melinda Gates foundation for financing this course.

By Yining G

Jun 12, 2020

Highly recommended! This course includes many interesting parts in psychology and professor Steve Joordens doesn't make things too difficult too understand.

PS: I would suggest you guys take some notes during the course so that it can help recall something when you are taking mid & final exams).

By Joyce S

Sep 08, 2020

A wonderful psychology course! Steve (the lecturer) did an amazing job of teaching all the different sides of psychology in fun and captivating way and it was great that each lecture was short and sweet. It was easy to follow and really really interesting. Genuinely enjoyed this course a lot! :)

By Haisum N F

Aug 18, 2020

Steve Joordens made the basics of human and social psychology so appealing. He was a great instructor and I have learned a lot in the past few weeks. Thanks to him, now I understand or at least try to understand the why after identifying the what and it really changed my perception of the world.

By Aditya R

Apr 24, 2020

It is a great door-way into the world of Psychology, and has piqued my interest to dive deeper into this subject. I have been a fan of psychology and its role in criminal investigations, and thus stumbled upon this course to quench my curiosity. The course has been a great addition into my life.

By Joanna F

Dec 05, 2017

Absolutely fantastic course. I will miss it actually. Great, great lectures and fun too (this professor is just great, funny and makes it easy to learn and remember... it's probably because he knows about what works! :)) Also so intresting topics. Covers many areas. Don't hesitate on this MOOC!

By Kristina B

Jun 25, 2020

The professor is the best! His ways of teaching encouraged me a lot because he used not only theory but also practice in his lectures. He is very excited about this subject himself, it's obvious, and this is a great advantage! Thank you so much for amazing knowledge! You're a talented person!

By Rahul K

Jan 23, 2018

Excellent course! Steve Joorden is a peach of a man! Look forward to more MOOCs from you, Steve! Very neatly and concisely explained topics. I had absolutely no knowledge before enrolling, so I can vouch for anyone who is interested in applying for this course, but has no prior understanding.

By MUDIT A

Sep 30, 2020

I am pretty interested in biology and psychology, but I did not study them in school. This course provided some fun since I got to learn about something that I have a curiosity for. As the course was simple and easy to follow without any prerequisites, it did not seem burdensome. Thank You.

By Martin R

Apr 21, 2018

An excellent overview and introduction to the world of Psychology. This course covers a huge amount, but Steve is an excellent presenter and he makes the subjects interesting and easy to follow. This has really taught me a lot and has given me a real drive to learn much more. Thanks Steve!

By Michail K

Sep 03, 2020

Professor Mr Steve Joordens creates a fun learning environment and his approach to an online modality is very natural and engaging. Ηis cognitive background is excellent! I found this course very informational and insightful and I recommend it to everyone with an interest in psychology.

By Selma K

Jan 21, 2018

Excellent opportunity to learn about basic concepts of psychology especially if you are from different academic backgrounds and nevertheless you have an interest to the topic. It is very comprehensive from the variety of the topic. Take it seriously you'll learn a lot which you can us

By Wazeen R

Oct 12, 2020

The course really gave me an insight to this wonderful subject and how fascinating the mind can be. I really recommend it if you are interested in finding reasons as to different behavior patterns, relation of physiology and psychology, and how situations can influence your behavior.

By delyana b

Aug 29, 2020

A fantastic course! Prof. Joorden's passion about the subject is contagious! The course is organized very well in terms of topics covered and presentation. Thank you, Prof. Joordens for a really interesting and educational course! I learned a ton and thoroughly enjoyed every lesson!

By Kermina P

Aug 03, 2017

This course totally simplifies psychology and makes it intersting even more. Prof. Jordeens is just too friendly and a likable person. he's a good example of what psychology does to people :). i was honoured to be he's student and i would definitely jump at a chance like this again.

By Ma. E R S

Jul 15, 2020

Me pareció un curso muy completo, interesante y con muchos temas que me dieron la oportunidad de ahondar en los conocimientos que ya tenía y de recordar algunos otros. Aprendí mucho y me gustó la forma en que Steve explica ya que lo hace de manera sencilla y amena. Muchas gracias.

By Aditya A

May 23, 2018

This is one of the most vivid,detailed and interesting courses I have come across Coursera. Dr Steve Joordens have done a fantastic job to present the course. If you have a gut for psychology and you don't know where to start from this is the course for you.I highly recommend it.

By Deeksha M

Sep 27, 2020

Steve Joordens is a master in making the course interesting and knowledgeable. If there are other courses by him for the next level I would definitely join in. I have recommended this course to a number of people interested in Psychology. Looking forward to more.

Regards

Deeksha

By Yvonne K S

Apr 20, 2020

This is a terrific overview of psychology with a top-notch professor who knows how to deliver content in an interesting and enjoyable way for online learning. Professor Joorden is wonderful. Clearly, he is passionate about psychology. I would love to take another class from him.

By Amer I

Apr 19, 2020

The course was really amazing. I am really changed after it. And i think for me it will be a start to the Physiologic live not the end, even it is not my career. I would like to thank every one did a work in this course. and also to Coursera platform which help us to integrate.

By Dylann P

Aug 13, 2017

Amazing and fruitful course from coursera as it helped me developed quite a knowledge to psychology and the way I see the world has changed. Also a big hand of applause for Professor Steve Joordens! He's simply the best in what he does concerning psychology! Salute to you, Sir!

By Christine C

Aug 20, 2020

Steve Joordens was an excellent lecturer who delivered well researched material and although over internet managed to be compassionate, funny and quirky. Would take another lecture from him again. As a UofT graduate I feel he made me proud of the university's high standards.

By Marta F

Apr 15, 2018

This was a wonderful course! Prof. Steve Joordens made it very interesting and I loved every subject. I absolutely recommend this course to anybody interested in a first approach to psychology, it's very complete and inspiring, and Prof. Joordens is very engaging. THANK YOU!!

By Vincent D C

Dec 16, 2016

Steve is an amazing teacher and the progression throughout the weeks was really interesting and I will definitely recommend this course to anyone who is keen on psychology and wants to learn more about it and get a solid basis of the different kind of domain within psychology