Back to Introduction to Psychology

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Introduction to Psychology by University of Toronto

This course will highlight the most interesting experiments within the field of psychology, discussing the implications of those studies for our understanding of the human mind and human behavior. We will explore the brain and some of the cognitive abilities it supports like memory, learning, attention, perception and consciousness. We will examine human development - both in terms of growing up and growing old - and will discuss the manner in which the behavior of others affect our own thoughts and behavior. Finally we will discuss various forms of mental illness and the treatments that are used to help those who suffer from them. The fact of the matter is that humans routinely do amazing things without appreciating how interesting they are. However, we are also routinely influenced by people and events without always being aware of those influences. By the end of this course you will have gained a much better understanding and appreciation of who you are and how you work. And I can guarantee you that you'll learn things that you'll be telling your friends and family about, things that will fundamentally change the way you think of yourself and others. How can you resist that?!...

HW

Feb 17, 2017

I loved every minute of this course! Professor Joordens was very engaging and it was set at just the right pace. I'm looking forward to my next course already! The discussion forums are very helpful.

EC

Dec 16, 2016

good course. suitable for starters. I learnt some basics and something interesting. I now can analyse some social events from the psychology point of view. I understand humanity a little bit better.

201 - 225 of 816 Reviews for Introduction to Psychology

By Jessica I C A

Jun 16, 2017

It's an excellent course. The teacher is very charismatic and his explanations are clear. Also, he provides a lot of examples and give you a bunch of links for further references.

By Anoushka K

Apr 11, 2019

Absolutely love the way Professor Joordens teaches. His knowledge about the subject is very vast and he takes great effort to actually make his students understand the concept.

By Kristy B

Sep 26, 2017

I adored this course. What a great way to ease back into structured learning. Steve is enthusiastic and clear in his approach and the material is inspiring. Highly recommended.

By Bhavna J

Sep 19, 2019

The course is highly informative and relevant. The Instructor is knowledgeable and explains every concept with lot of examples. It was a wonderful experience!!!!! Thank you :)

By Cindy G L

Oct 11, 2017

Highly interesting subject, the teacher is very entertaining and covers a lot of material in a fun way. A lot of the optional material is quite interesting and worth a look.

By Roderick S

Sep 21, 2017

Excellent information, very organized and interesting presentation. End of video quizzes were too easy to be very helpful, but exams were tough. Final paper was interesting.

By Omneya M

Apr 01, 2017

Well I really loved the content of the course and how it has been taught by professor Steve, It is very useful and I recommend this course to everyone. Thank you so much <3

By Eduardo G D

Mar 15, 2017

The course is easy to follow which is ideal for beginners. Topics are relevant and transferable to different contexts. The lecturer is engaging and does an excellent job,

By Miranda Y

Sep 14, 2017

This is my first psychology course. Learnt a lot of interesting theories and stories. Very much enjoyed Steve's teaching style and the video materials he shared. Love it!

By Ela K

Mar 28, 2019

The course discussed the major foundation of psychology. Professor Steve Joordens way of explaining topics was so interactive and full of enthusiasm. Thank You Coursera.

By Obukhova I

Mar 10, 2019

This course is really great one to start studying psychology. Prof Joordens is a very charismatic person with a great sense of humor! I enjoyed every lecture. Thank you.

By Martina C

Feb 08, 2018

A very well structured course, filled with interesting and up-to-date contents, explained in a simple, entertaining and precise way by an amazing teacher. 100% approved.

By Manolis M

Aug 05, 2017

Thanks, I was interested in psychology and this course was my first contact with it and yes psychology really is an amazing science. I'm glad for attending this course.

By naivedya n

Mar 10, 2018

Amazing course! Prof. Joordan did a great job. His way of interaction and teaching really made me want to leave everything else behind to learn, which i saying a lot.

By Raghad E

Dec 21, 2017

Doctor Steve is an inspiring man and his amazing teaching skills makes it easy for people like me to understand and love psychology! thank you doc! have a nice life!

By Laney G

Oct 03, 2018

gives incredible insight on psychology and would highly recommend if you are looking for a course to give a general idea on what part of psychology you want to study

By Mina E A M

Dec 13, 2017

This is my first course on Coursera & I can consider this is one of the most useful ones I ever had in my life till now.

Thanks a lot for all great efforts behind it.

By Aashish T

Jan 19, 2017

Great course! Learned a lot of things. And professor Steve Joordens is really great teacher. His way of teaching is fascinating! Thank you for providing this course!

By Alok M

Feb 05, 2019

The teaching (Communication) style so that anybody without any prior Psychology knowledge can learn it. Touching all the important aspects of Psychology. Loving it.

By makan

Feb 17, 2019

Very good course! I learned a lot from the lecturer, and the online course complements the textbook that I am reading on introductory psychology. Very informative!

By Chinmaya K

May 29, 2018

Steve Joordens is a rockstar of Psychology MOOC's - one of the best courses I have ever attended! It's a must do course for anyone who's interested in Psychology!!

By Achala S

Oct 25, 2017

This is the perfect course I was looking for and I feel great after accomplishing this. Exams and Assignment designed were so apt in regard of this course. Thanks!

By Rhiannon T

Jan 15, 2017

I have really enjoyed this course. It provides a good introduction to the history of psychology, and offers insight into the basic functions of the brain and body.

By Abhijit G

Jun 22, 2018

This is the best course I have done on Coursera! I love the way Prof. explained the complex topics and his energy the flows into me. I never felt this is online.

By Jason

Mar 28, 2018

Fascinating course, with a passionate presenter. Would highly recommend to anyone looking to get a better understanding of themselves and the world around them!