Back to Introduction to Calculus

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Introduction to Calculus by The University of Sydney

The focus and themes of the Introduction to Calculus course address the most important foundations for applications of mathematics in science, engineering and commerce. The course emphasises the key ideas and historical motivation for calculus, while at the same time striking a balance between theory and application, leading to a mastery of key threshold concepts in foundational mathematics. Students taking Introduction to Calculus will: • gain familiarity with key ideas of precalculus, including the manipulation of equations and elementary functions (first two weeks), • develop fluency with the preliminary methodology of tangents and limits, and the definition of a derivative (third week), • develop and practice methods of differential calculus with applications (fourth week), • develop and practice methods of the integral calculus (fifth week)....

CN

Nov 13, 2021

thanks coursera and Professor David Easdown for suitable instruction and friendly methodology after calculus which course to carry in advancement

my will is to undergoes with chemistry engineering

AF

Apr 8, 2022

An excellent course, especially if like me you had done some calculus in the past and wanted a refresher. David is an excellent, clear, and attentive tutor. I can't recommend him enough. Many thanks.

251 - 275 of 927 Reviews for Introduction to Calculus

By mistique

Dec 30, 2019

Thank you for the detailed information. This professor has a great way of explaining the material and even gives some hints and extra detail on how to do problems in a different way! I love the layout and the reading material. Thank you for the class!

By Harshil v

Apr 22, 2021

Very good explanation by professor David Easdown . I would recommend in India whoever passed class 12th science stream to go ahead with this course this gives us intuitive idea about calculus atleast differential calculus part. Thankyou to David Sir

By Param V

Apr 19, 2021

Professor David Easdown made this difficult topic very easy . I had fun learning this course and i wish that

there are more teachers like this , Very kind teacher and taught this difficult(once difficult , but now easy) subject in a very simple way.

By Lolita G R

Aug 18, 2020

The course was really a refresher but I find it very challenging for me since I am not teaching higher Mathematics. Thank you so much. I would like to go back and revise all the videos and note latter. Appreciate so much the explanations and notes.

By Petra L

Feb 9, 2020

The only problem that I saw was that the print on the computer was very light and sometimes it was hard to see if it was a minus or plus sign!

Otherwise I really enjoyed taking this fast paced course. Thank you David, you were an awesome teacher!!

By dainiusme

Aug 5, 2021

Course which really makes you to understand foundations deeply (instead on just learning formulas), and Professor David Easdown did really a good job with preparing and teaching this course. Really like Mr. David optimist and ability to motivate.

By 吴俊贤

Nov 4, 2019

Beautifully designed slides and useful sheets help me understand and consolidate every new terms and formula. Teacher is good at inspiring and leading me. I believe that this course will be proven helpful when I take the interviews. Thanks a lot~

By Kristen Y

Aug 18, 2020

Great course, amazing Professor who looks very passionate about what he does making the course very enjoyable to take. Great notes created by the professor and great support throughout the course. Completion of the course set me up for success.

By Phillip M

Jul 20, 2020

Fantastic course. I last studied calculus during my university economics classes about 12 years ago and had forgotten almost everything. David's lectures kept me engaged throughout, despite a fairly hectic work and home life. Highly recommended.

By Carla

The instructor explains very well mathematical steps that are usually hard to follow as someone that have very little background in Math. I totally recommend this course to anyone, and I'll be considering taking more courses from this instructor

By Sam K

Jul 23, 2020

Quite good for people with no previous calculus experience. Focuses more on differentiation rather than integration. If you have previously done calculus and are looking to brush up (as was the case for me), this course may be too rudimentary.

By Dr.S.Someshwar

Apr 22, 2020

Introduction to calculus course is a five-week course well organized by instructors. Very interesting course with video sessions and quiz problems covered the complexity of all levels.

Thank you "The University of Sydney".

By Maryam B

Jul 4, 2022

Instructors dedication to the course is truly inspiring. Explains concepts in a simple, concise and logical manner.

Module 5 could be explored deeper and explained in better detail.

Definetly recommend to those who have no calculus background.

By Caroline M

Jul 12, 2020

The course is nicely paced with a great blend of challenge and guidance. Prof. Easdown shows an infectious enthusiasm for the subject that excludes no one. Honestly felt encouraged to do everything asked of me. Just the refresher I needed.

By Michael G

I enjoyed the course. Professor Easdown is easy to listen to clearly explains the concepts. I took calculus nearly 50 years ago but never used it and found that in this 5 week course, I got a good handle back on the basics of calculus.

By K. S

Oct 26, 2019

This has been a fantastic course. Fast paced and covers a major portion of the landscape. The passion of Mr. Easdown towards Maths and Calculus is amazing to watch and hear. Would love to go through a similar course in advanced calculus

By Kenneth B

Jul 30, 2022

Excellent course, clearly explained and illustrated. Never to fast for the student and each area covered to provide a decent knolwedge level to continue on to further calculus courses.

Rarely saythis about Math, but this was enjoyable

By Ahmet L

Mar 16, 2022

before course, i was guessing that i know calculus but i was wrong. The instructor was awesome. He teached me the logic. I couldn't solve every problem but i know the logic behind the calculus anymore. That matters. Thank you David!

By Luis R G S

Aug 9, 2020

This is an excellent course, with a lot of examples, exercises, and a great presentation from professor Easdown. Every topic is explained with a detailed explanation and the charisma of the professor. I really recommend this course.

By Evan

Jun 25, 2021

The teacher taught deeply and explain things carefully, he broke down formulas that students had to memorise in school. He also provided notes so that students can review and learn more. This is the course I wished I've had ealier.

By John A E

Oct 23, 2020

As a civil engineering student, studying calculus is a great way to start the career. Even though it challenges me a lot, I hope this is a way for engineering students to study this kind of course. Thank you also to the instructor!

By JORGE E M L V

Mar 12, 2019

Muy bueno este curso donde aprenderás todo lo relacionado con la introducción al cálculo lo recomiendo mucho para aquellos estudiantes que se inician en carreras de Ciencias e Ingeniería y quieren aprender cálculo de variable real

By Sakonlapath K

Aug 11, 2022

I want free certificate the first time when applying for the course was told me will I finished my course i will recive a free certificate. But now why can't I . I want certificateeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh fuck

By Rakshita D

Great course, helped me build a comprehensive understanding of calculus. Highly recommended if you want to start learning Calculus. The practice quizzes after every topic helped build the concept which was taught in the videos.