Back to Introduction to Calculus

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Introduction to Calculus by The University of Sydney

The focus and themes of the Introduction to Calculus course address the most important foundations for applications of mathematics in science, engineering and commerce. The course emphasises the key ideas and historical motivation for calculus, while at the same time striking a balance between theory and application, leading to a mastery of key threshold concepts in foundational mathematics. Students taking Introduction to Calculus will: • gain familiarity with key ideas of precalculus, including the manipulation of equations and elementary functions (first two weeks), • develop fluency with the preliminary methodology of tangents and limits, and the definition of a derivative (third week), • develop and practice methods of differential calculus with applications (fourth week), • develop and practice methods of the integral calculus (fifth week)....

CN

Nov 13, 2021

thanks coursera and Professor David Easdown for suitable instruction and friendly methodology after calculus which course to carry in advancement

my will is to undergoes with chemistry engineering

OM

Sep 26, 2020

I have completed quite a few courses on Coursera. This is by far the best instructor. I really hope David is going to do teach another Coursera course soon - I will sign up regardless of the content!

226 - 250 of 922 Reviews for Introduction to Calculus

By Hernan D

May 2, 2020

The teacher of this course will motivate you to learn calculus. His teaching style is quite fantastic. He makes you feel like you are discovering new things. He is very polite and courteous and makes you feel comfortable learning math. Thank you Mr. Easdown for you great work!

By Jasleen

Jul 15, 2021

Extremely useful. I thoroughly enjoyed each and every lecture of this course. So many concepts related to Calculus got cleared . Very informative and properly sequenced course contents . Appreciable effort on the part of organizers. Great thanks to Professor David Easdown!

By Zhen Y L

The course arrangement is superb as it allows us to comprehend calculus progressively. As such , you won't feel overwhelmed and be able to appreciate calculus more. Highly recommend this course and it would be better if the audio for certain lessons can be slightly louder.

By EK

Dec 12, 2020

The course is incredible. Perfect balance between theoretical concepts and their implication in practice. I hope professor Easdown continues teaching courses on Calculus (now more on Advanced Calculus, please:)). Unfortunately, I couldn't find any online courses from him.

By Claire R

Sep 20, 2019

This course is very well designed and very intriguing. High recommend! I really like Mr.Easdown's lecturing sstyle, he somehow make math courses much more interesting than the ones I took before! Many thanks to Mr.Easdown! I do appreciate your help through out the course!

By Roxana G

Jun 1, 2020

Me gusto mucho las explicaciones breves y sencillas, los diversos ejemplos y situaciones hipotéticas que facilitaba la comprensión, también agradezco que en los foros se proporcionara ayuda para los ejercicios prácticos. No se me hizo pesado y lo disfruté bastante.

By Jay H

Apr 19, 2020

This is a great course. The explanations are clear in each video and the notes give the level of detail needed to consolidate the material. Occasionally it goes a little fast, but the Professor is very available and helpful in the discussions for each practice quiz.

By Udayan S

Apr 15, 2020

The course was amazing!! I enjoyed watching the videos, reading the notes and attempting the exercises. Mr. David Easdown is a wonderful teacher and I enjoyed each lecture. Overall, it was a wonderful experience, and I hope to pursue further courses in mathematics.

By Simon C

Jun 26, 2020

Este curso me ayudo muchísimo a entender muchas cosas referente al calculo. Quiero agradecer a todas las Universidades y profesores que ponen sus conocimiento en pro de la comunidad y un agradecimiento especial al profe DAVID EASDOWN de la Universidad de SYDNEY .

By Brian D

May 25, 2022

This was an excellent way to brush up on pre-calculus mathematics and learn the reasoning behind calculus. Prof. Easdown was a great presenter and the lectures/notes were always thoughtfully prepared. I'll definitely be taking further courses in the future!

-Brian-

By Mebin G M

Jun 24, 2020

Great teaching and notes, it helped me explore many basics in calculus that I couldn't understand in last 30 years of my life. Real meaning of what is calculus,why it is important. Thanking the tutor on this occasion, who transformed me to a better maths aspirant.

By Anvithraj R B

This course helped me familiarise myself with the wonderful field of Calculus and also introduced me to mathematical analysis and mathematical modelling. it also enhanced my problem-solving skills in a way that will benefit me in other complex mathematical topics.

By Yu K H

A great course for knowing some basics of calculus. I only have high school knowledge of trignometry and functions but I still manage to understand the topics taught here. Its very good for the teacher to explain the rationale and good use of graphs to illustrate.

By Gal R

Aug 22, 2021

A Brilliant course, constructed thoughtfully and creatively. I was delighted and I have learnt a lot. The videos, notes and exercises complimented each other perfectly. David is a great and enthusiastic teacher and was quick to respond to my questions. Thanks!

By yuru w

Dec 3, 2019

Professor David Easdown's calculus course is rather enlightening and insightful. More importantly, he showed the calculus in a fun and enjoyable way. Plus, his enthusiasm is contagious and makes me absorbed to his calculus world! Millions of thanks to David:-)

By Mai, T D A

Mar 25, 2022

​Thank you so much for providing this wonderful calculus course! There are a lot of information for a short course. I still need to review materials and practice more even I completed the course. Wish to have more problems for practicing!

T​hank you so much!

By Mingxia W

Dec 27, 2018

Very good course. Well designed and the assignments and tests are well suited for the content of the course. But then of course we need more than those to really master this subject. I particularly like the zest of the professor he presented in the lectures.

By Patrick H

Jan 9, 2022

Beyond pleased with this course. Great refresher for those who may have taken Calculus some time ago and would like to brush up on some fundamentals. Thank you to Prof. Easdown, four your enthusiasm and quick responses to questions on the discussion forums.

By Liz M

Jul 16, 2021

This was an excellent introduction to Calculus. Great problem sets. Videos were made with care for the visualizations and clarity in topics. I highly recommend this as an introduction to calculus for those who haven't yet been introduced to the material.

By Haad A

Jun 28, 2020

This a really wonderful course, which reveals the in-depth of the basic calculus. Hows, things are developed and are utilized in our daily life are the crux of the whole course. Besides, the convincing way of a professor is very pleasing and informative.

By GANESH S

This is a totally legit course.....Although I,m an engineering student already familiar with calculus, this changed the way way i look at this subject.....Excellent teacher, intuitive approach to teaching math without compromising on rigor. Hats off sir!

By Anil K C

Jan 12, 2021

Very helpful Course.

The nice thing I like about the course is the respected Professor providing insight to the topics going through its history. I really love to know the topics starting from its origin,its need.

Thank You Professor.

Thank You Coursera.

By Abdullah

Aug 10, 2020

one of the finest and outstanding professor ever seen..profund one. Truly a gem to university of sydney and this global field of education. thanks a lot from the bottom of my heart. may almighty always keep u ever happy. eager to learn more from u sir.

By Arif I

Oct 2, 2020

This is fantastic course and I wanna thank professor a lot . In future I would recommend this course all who really have interest on Calculus.

Thank you coursera to give me such a good oportunity to have this course and make my pandemic life worthy.

By mistique

Dec 30, 2019

Thank you for the detailed information. This professor has a great way of explaining the material and even gives some hints and extra detail on how to do problems in a different way! I love the layout and the reading material. Thank you for the class!