Back to Introduction to Research for Essay Writing

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Introduction to Research for Essay Writing by University of California, Irvine

Course 4: Introduction to Research for Essay Writing This is the last course in the Academic Writing specialization before the capstone project. By the end of this course, you will be able to complete all the steps in planning a research paper. After completing this course, you will be able to: - choose appropriate research topics for college classes - write detailed outlines for research papers - find source material for research papers - take and organize good notes for research - use appropriate academic tone and language - document sources by creating a Works Cited list in MLA format - avoid plagiarizing your sources...

WZ
Mar 11, 2018

The course is very benificial. I learnt quite a lot about how to make an essay writing more efficient and effective, as well as convincing and professional. Thank you all the instructors.

MM
Jul 17, 2018

This course was very helpful in establishing good practices in writing research papers. It equips the students with the necessary resources to help write a strong research paper.

26 - 50 of 230 Reviews for Introduction to Research for Essay Writing

By Bridjesh P

Mar 18, 2020

Really enjoyed this course. The lectures were engaging, the assignments applicable. I really enjoyed being able to review other classmates' assignments from around the world. At times, the assignments were challenging too.

By Altaf H N

One of best professional and interactive training for beginner and non-native English learner. For fresh research scholars this course will create a solid foundation. Thank you for providing such course. Keep learning.

By Enrique I T

Nov 9, 2017

Excelente curso para la comprensión de los diferentes formatos así como el resguardo y análisis de las fuentes de artículos así como las herramientas vistas en clase que nos apoyan y/o facilitan nuestros trabajos

By Nicklye T

Nov 9, 2020

A well planned structure of the lesson. It was simple and easy to follow along. Tops off to the lectures. Anyone entering university for the first time will be well equipped ahead. Way to go coursea you did it.

By erick a n

Sep 5, 2019

The course is amazing, well-organized and very informative. Ithas helped me a lot professionally and personally. I strongly recommend anyone who is interested into improve writing skills to take this course.

By Hesham

Jun 14, 2020

It really helped me understand the necessary basics of gathering information, understanding of the nature of an essay/research, and the types of formats as well as tools that my paper should be written in.

By Hana B

May 15, 2020

Thank you for the course. I would only suggest updating programme for citation such as https://www.zotero.org

Otherwise, I have learnt a lot. Thank you very much.

Now, I am more confident to write my paper.

By Margarita M

Jul 18, 2018

By Manosh C H

Aug 22, 2020

After completing the course, I feel more confidant in academic writing with different sources. Also, it is the perfect course if you are not sure about MLA and APA formatting.

By Sampath A

Jun 13, 2020

It is an amazing course for me. Because it actually interacts with student very well. On the other hand, it helped to improve basic and advance parts of the research. Thanks

By said f

It was a great opportunity for me. This course was very useful for me and I realized how easy it was to develop my English in such a relaxed and helpful atmosphere

By shoyeb 1

Nov 13, 2020

This course helps me to introduce with research writing. I really likes all of the the contents of this course. It boosted my confidence for research writing.

By Niket S P

Jul 3, 2017

It is very good course for beginner, Moreover during my course period I have understand very valuable things about how to write a good research paper.

By Yvon J

Mar 9, 2016

Wonderful! In a fast and practical way, I master this English Academic Writing package so I feel ready and comfortable now to attend an Colege cases

By Ziyanda C X

Mar 22, 2016

This was a very informative and useful course. It has improved my skills immenseley and I'm grateful for all the work that has been put into it.

By Christian A M R

Aug 17, 2017

This course was challenging! I learned things I didn't learn at any other place. This is for sure one of the best Introductory writing courses.

By César A P R

Oct 22, 2016

Thank you for helping learn to use userful research tools, suchas easybib, purdue owl, academic word list, etc. I became a better researcher!

By Iffat J S

Jun 7, 2020

Once again, I am so very thankful to Coursera and the amazing instructors for making education accessible and possible for distant learners.

By Anish K S

Sep 14, 2021

The course was quite enlightening, and it shaped my writing skill. A big thanks to the instructor and all peers for your valuable inputs.

By Messias U

Feb 12, 2016

I'm still taking this course. As a masters student, I'm going to apply the knowledge to my dissertation. As a result, success is certain.

By Maria I

Sep 9, 2020

One of the best opportunity given by the University of California to the studnets who want to enhance their skills and learn online.

By Daisy J L

Jul 30, 2020

I have learned a lot from this course. It boosts my skills in essay writing. I had never known that writing essay will be this fun.

By Raquel O N

Aug 28, 2020

Thank you so much for a great review of reasearch for essay writing. It's really helpful if you want to study a Master or a Degree

By Md. T A

Sep 27, 2020

The Course was very helpful, now I have better understanding and knowledge on referencing aspects like rules, styles, source.

By Rathnayaka M N C N R

Oct 14, 2020

Actually very good source for students who plan to begin their researches.Thank you all & good luck.I recommend this course.