Back to Introduction to the Internet of Things and Embedded Systems

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Introduction to the Internet of Things and Embedded Systems by University of California, Irvine

The explosive growth of the “Internet of Things” is changing our world and the rapid drop in price for typical IoT components is allowing people to innovate new designs and products at home. In this first class in the specialization you will learn the importance of IoT in society, the current components of typical IoT devices and trends for the future. IoT design considerations, constraints and interfacing between the physical world and your device will also be covered. You will also learn how to make design trade-offs between hardware and software. We'll also cover key components of networking to ensure that students understand how to connect their device to the Internet. Please note that this course does not include discussion forums. Upon completing this course, you will be able to: 1. Define the term “Internet of Things” 2. State the technological trends which have led to IoT 3. Describe the impact of IoT on society 4. Define what an embedded system is in terms of its interface 5. Enumerate and describe the components of an embedded system 6. Describe the interactions of embedded systems with the physical world 7. Name the core hardware components most commonly used in IoT devices 8. Describe the interaction between software and hardware in an IoT device 9. Describe the role of an operating system to support software in an IoT device 10. Explain the use of networking and basic networking hardware 11. Describe the structure of the Internet 12. Describe the meaning of a “network protocol” 13. Explain MANETs and their relation to IoT...

ME
Sep 17, 2017

good course :)\n\nplease review my assignment to complete my course :(\n\nhttps://www.coursera.org/learn/iot/peer/qYW91/module-1-peer-review-identify-and-analyze-a-device/review/VBUuMpl_EeeuPhL2ByDlUA

PK
Oct 26, 2020

This course is full of benefit. Content of the course is very accurate. Teacher who was teaching was also good. I would suggest to all the beginner to learn this topic who are interested in IoT field.

176 - 200 of 2,838 Reviews for Introduction to the Internet of Things and Embedded Systems

By Shoumik D

Jul 30, 2020

The course is good. Purely basic items. Worth a shot.

Thanks to the instructor, thanks to Coursera and also thanks to the people who have reviewed my assignment.

By Anand

Aug 14, 2017

This is an excellent course for people who would like to start from scratch. I'm undergoing all of these courses and recommend it to anyone wishing to learn IoT.

By Nilam G

Aug 5, 2017

It is a very nice course .I learned a lot of thing from it.I will recommend this course who are willing to learn IoT and Embedded systems basics

By Meet J s

Jul 10, 2020

Delivery of lectures were very proper.I was able to relate things in context to embedded Systems and IOT.

THANK YOU Sir for guidance that you have provided to me

By Musafira

Jul 8, 2020

Its very useful to know more about internet , internet protocol,embedded system,microcontroller and lot about internet. Its very interesting to study.Thankyou

By Obed N

Feb 16, 2021

I would definitely recommend this course to anyone who wishes to wrap his or her head around IoT and embedded systems. Great Instructor and wonderful content.

By DEBOLINA S

Jul 8, 2020

I thoroughly enjoyed this course. I hope I can soon start applying all the wonderful things I've learnt practically. Thank you for this wonderful opportunity!

By omarcartera

Sep 17, 2015

Amazing :D I'm really enjoying every moment in this course, the professor is having a great and simple way of explaining things, if we can call them things :D

By Athanasios K

Sep 24, 2016

I really enjoyed this course! Prof. Harris is excellent and the topics are carefully selected to provide all the details remaining at the introductory level.

By Csaba H

Jun 27, 2016

Excellent material, one can start it even from zero knowledge. Professor Ian G. Harris is a great tutor, giving real examples, easy to understand and follow.

By lamidi k

Mar 5, 2016

This course was simplified enough for those who have limited knowledge of the computer.If you can browse the site to register then you can finish the course.

By Vitali N

Oct 9, 2020

I did this course after other courses in this specialisation and it seems simple for me, but probably it is a good starting course to motivate going further

By Mansi J

Jul 28, 2020

It was a very fun learning experience. I enjoyed the course. It was a fun learning approach. Thanks to proffesor Ian sir for being such a wonderful faculty.

By Muhammad I M

May 20, 2019

very good for understanding the building blocks of IoT and specially the teacher was very good speaker and the style of conveying things I like it very much

By Kevin P

Feb 21, 2016

It is a perfect course for who want enter in the today's new technological trend that IOT - Internet Of Things. Join this course for learning basics of IOT.

By Nikhita J

Sep 21, 2020

It was immense knowledge gaining ,all was about brief ,understandable content , now i can easily understand the iot in embedded systems working. thank you!

By Sakenaveeti S

Jul 3, 2020

This is very introductory couse. This course will help what embedded systems are and how they are useful. I recommend to learn this course who are beginers

By Daniel V A

Apr 26, 2020

Suitable for beggineers, all the concepts were clearly explained. At the end of this course one can get knowledge about IOT and basic skeleton of the same.

By Deva D

Jul 23, 2016

The course content and intro about IoT is very good and interesting. This course will provide an opportunity to explore new generation intelligent devices.

By hasnaa m

Jan 16, 2018

I wanna thank the professor, his explanation is so simple make me understand every word he says,I really hope to do good in the quizzes and assignments .

By Chandrasekar S

Mar 1, 2017

I had a great time doing this course. It was really informative and practical. I think I have constructed a good basics for learning further IOT concepts.

By Juan C L M

Sep 12, 2020

Very good course about microcontrollers and embedded systems as the core of IoT. If you want to discover this exciting world, this is the place to start.

By MAMIDI P K

May 8, 2020

as a beginner, it really helps me to learn some new things.The professors explanation was good and excited to learn more courses in this specialisation

By KAUSHIK S K

Feb 6, 2020

This is a very good platform for students all over the world, such a great opportunity for underprivileged people. you guys are doing a very good work.

By Navin K

Easy explaination and this course is very helpful if you want to start from scrap and assignments and quiz will work as extra benefits for the student