Back to Java for Android

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Java for Android by Vanderbilt University

This MOOC teaches you how to program core features and classes from the Java programming language that are used in Android, which is the dominant platform for developing and deploying mobile device apps. In particular, this MOOC covers key Java programming language features that control the flow of execution through an app (such as Java’s various looping constructs and conditional statements), enable access to structured data (such as Java's built-in arrays and common classes in the Java Collections Framework, such as ArrayList and HashMap), group related operations and data into classes and interfaces (such as Java's primitive and user-defined types, fields, methods, generic parameters, and exceptions), customize the behavior of existing classes via inheritance and polymorphism (such as subclassing and overriding virtual methods). Learners will apply these Java features in the context of core Android components (such as Activities and basic UI elements) by applying common tools (such as Android Studio) needed to develop Java programs and useful Android apps. Learners will work on several hands-on projects throughout the MOOC, i.e., each week will require learners to write solutions to programming assignments that reinforce the material covered in the lecture videos. There will be roughly 4-6 hours of student engagement time per week, including video lectures, quizzes, and programming assignments....

RB

Aug 3, 2020

This course will provide all basic information of android and it will also help you to understand the fundamental of java which is used in android. It really help me to improve my skills in android.

SP

Nov 16, 2019

Excellent !! As a beginner I found this course a major kick-start to building a strong base for my Android app skills. A lot of practice needed though, but these videos would keep me going well

226 - 250 of 797 Reviews for Java for Android

By 怡君蔡

Jul 17, 2021

Nice course. But I have already learned Java, it might be simple for me at the beginning. But some detail are great for me to deepen my knowledge.

By Rehan M

Mar 29, 2021

This course is quite beneficial for beginners. Highly recommended for those who want a kick start towards android app development

By John B A

Aug 10, 2021

Well structured, very easy to follow, detailed concept broken into chunks, enough assignment to boost experience. I loved it.

By Munib H

May 17, 2021

This is a best course ever, everything explained in detail and concepts were clear, course outline was clear and amazing

By That w F

Sep 1, 2020

It was very helpful to me. I really enjoyed learning with Coursera. I also thank Vanderbilt University. Love You All.

By Vishal R V

Mar 2, 2019

this course is very good and used for me in industry to get very good job.it is give me very great opportunity.

By sachin m

Nov 5, 2019

This course of java for android was really awesome, solving it gave me a chance to learn android studio.

By CHANDAN K

Aug 28, 2019

After study this course am learning my types of topics for developing android application..

So thank you

By Deep S

Apr 16, 2021

It is a good course to learn about java , oops concepts , android studio and Java collection framework.

By Dheeraj K Y

Nov 16, 2019

This course is very useful to me at the time when I am about to start my career in Android Development.

By Dilanka M

Aug 17, 2020

I highly recommend this course for students who need basic understanding about java and android studio

By Suraj S M

Aug 25, 2020

Great course to start android app development. will also take further course in this specialization.

By Ayush A

May 22, 2020

Great course for beginners to learn and intermediates to clarify and strengthen their grip over java

By Балакирев П А

Feb 14, 2018

This course is fantastic! Everything is well explained, assignments are fun to engage in. Thank you.

By Sri S C P

Jun 4, 2020

Excellent course. One of the best materials needed to start with android development hands down!!!

By Atanu P

May 15, 2020

Really very helpful course and it gives a lot of information on android to be a professional coder.

By Rohit K S

Apr 4, 2018

i was able to learn a lot and the style of teaching made the whole new concept easy for a beginner.

By Sanket P D

Jun 5, 2020

It was real awesome . I think this was real a great choice for me to choose this course . Love you

By Yun X

Dec 23, 2019

A great course to know some Java features like class, interface, polymorphism, overload, overwrite

By LUCAS S L

Feb 24, 2021

Intense, with excellent content and with very important feedbacks in the discussion environments.

By SANJAY R P

Jul 17, 2020

It was a very good course. I like the way of teaching. Thanks to all Instructors of this course.

By Asghar I

This course is best course for beginners and contains good modules for learning java for Android

By Nithin d

Jul 7, 2020

i wish all the assignments were included in the course and were online instead of being offline

By HUSSAIN

Jun 29, 2020

Wonderful course to learn Android and Java. Richly filled with wonderful practical assignments.

By Trevor W

Apr 19, 2016

Al ot more challenging then i thought. Once i managed my time a bit better it was very engaging