Back to Teach English Now! Theories of Second Language Acquisition

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Teach English Now! Theories of Second Language Acquisition by Arizona State University

In this course learners are introduced to second or foreign language theories and practices for teaching and assessing listening, speaking, and pronunciation. Learners will also be introduced to basic studies in second language acquisition and their pedagogical implications. Teachers will be invited to recognize the importance of grounding their own teaching philosophy through an examination of purpose, content, and technique....
Highlights
Applicable teachings
(121 Reviews)
Creatively designed course
(270 Reviews)

AA
Jun 21, 2021

Interesting courses! I am learning a lot. Thank you very much Coursera. I have just completed course 2 and been delivered a certificate but I just can't access my new course. What should I do, please?

NZ
Jun 10, 2018

I'm really enjoying this course. I'm about half way through. I'm looking forrward to how the various courses in this series take me farther and farther into language learning theories and techniques.

501 - 525 of 1,640 Reviews for Teach English Now! Theories of Second Language Acquisition

By Charlotta S R

Oct 1, 2016

I think this is a great course for any beginner in the teaching field, interesting, intuitive and well structured!

By Susan D

Dec 29, 2015

***** Amazing! Absolutely Amazing! *****

This course has to be the easiest way to learn English Language Theories!

By karol m l

Aug 25, 2021

This course is amazing, I love the content and also all the activities and strategies applied, I recommend it :)

By Mariia K

Mar 28, 2020

I was amazed by this TEN course! Dr Dixon, you are a movie-STAR! Engaging, interesting, exciting and very useful!

By Kristen V

Aug 13, 2019

Amazing presentation of material. The course was fun and engaging, and I actually looked forward to each lesson.

By Daniela R

Feb 10, 2019

Love this course and how everything is explained. Definitley beneficial when you want to start as an ESL teacher.

By Lucia J P

Apr 20, 2018

Great way to introduce many of the modern theories for language instruction. Loved the angel vs. devil arguments!

By Richard R

Oct 30, 2016

An excellent overview. A lot of material is covered but it's easily digestible...especially for working students!

By Tatiana

Jan 3, 2016

Very educative course presented in an exciting way! I never thought that learning theory might be so interesting.

By Louise M

Jan 30, 2019

It is really a good course. I have learned many useful theories inside. Hope I could finish the whole part soon.

Jan 26, 2018

Muito bom! Esse curso me ajudou a ter uma visão melhor sobre como ensinar uma língua. Aprendi muito e recomendo.

By Mauro T

Sep 20, 2016

amazing teachers, content, smooth learning curve. Very practical and useful knowledge for the classroom teacher.

By Gyorgy D

Oct 24, 2019

Absolutely brilliant. The structure of the course was amazing. ASU clearly leads by example as to how to teach.

By Harshana S

Sep 24, 2018

Exceptional online modules by the lecturers! Really a very fun and exciting course. I loved every minute of it!

By ISAAC A

Feb 11, 2016

we most often tend to overlook the past but building on that is very vital, that is what this course sort to do

By Thembalam M

Sep 24, 2021

It made me get out of my comfort zone! I have learnt to appreciate the power of teaching the English Language.

By Sebrina M

May 2, 2018

Great program I have learned so much. I will come back and take other courses because the teaching is perfect.

By Поташова Е В

Mar 27, 2021

Such an interesting course! Thanks to all teacher who presented the information in a very comprehensible way!

By Анна Ш

Mar 22, 2021

This course taught me a lot and I can say for sure that it's been a productive couple of weeks because of it.

By Smart S

Oct 22, 2020

Thank you for this course. I am very happy to finish this course. It gave me a lot of experience in teaching.

By Muhammad U

Feb 2, 2020

The teaching style of Dr. Shane Dixon is excellent. I hope I could teach like him one day! Brilliant teacher.

By тетяна н

Jun 8, 2016

I am happy be as Coursera student.

I learned a lot of new and useful things from this course . I recommend!

By Iitula J

Nov 30, 2020

It was a really good cou2and I have learnt all the relevant English language teaching techniques. Thank you.

By Eunice V O L

Sep 28, 2020

Thank you so much to the wonderful professors at ASU! This was a very interesting and informative course. :)

By Rami H B

Jul 25, 2020

Great course about Theories of Language Teaching.Excellent trainers with great way of delivering information