Back to Teach English Now! Theories of Second Language Acquisition

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Teach English Now! Theories of Second Language Acquisition by Arizona State University

In this course learners are introduced to second or foreign language theories and practices for teaching and assessing listening, speaking, and pronunciation. Learners will also be introduced to basic studies in second language acquisition and their pedagogical implications. Teachers will be invited to recognize the importance of grounding their own teaching philosophy through an examination of purpose, content, and technique....
Highlights
Applicable teachings
(121 Reviews)
Creatively designed course
(270 Reviews)

AA
Jun 21, 2021

Interesting courses! I am learning a lot. Thank you very much Coursera. I have just completed course 2 and been delivered a certificate but I just can't access my new course. What should I do, please?

NZ
Jun 10, 2018

I'm really enjoying this course. I'm about half way through. I'm looking forrward to how the various courses in this series take me farther and farther into language learning theories and techniques.

576 - 600 of 1,640 Reviews for Teach English Now! Theories of Second Language Acquisition

By Oskr S

Nov 25, 2020

I have not enough word to describe this experience, It's enriching and feeds our knowledge

Great job.

By Janica J M

Nov 5, 2020

It's really helpful and at the same time a fun learning experience. I enjoyed the videos. 👍👍👍👍👍

By Tatiana K

Oct 20, 2020

Thank you for this amazing course. Now I know all language approaches and can apply them at my work!

By Ana M C

Oct 2, 2020

I thoroughly enjoyed this course. Dr. Shane Dixon is a very engaging , funny, and creative teacher.

By Sabir

Apr 26, 2020

Teach English Now! Theories of Second Language Acquisition is good practise subject to Teach english

By Anjel B

Dec 31, 2016

Although a little corny, the way this course is designed with skits really helps me sink in content.

By Svetlana C

Aug 27, 2021

Thanks everyone for this great course. It's very informative and useful. Oscar for Dr. Shane Dixon!

By Manuel G

May 8, 2021

Excelente curso. El profesor tiene un modo excelente para demostrar y enseñar los temas a aprender.

By Miguel J V V

Jul 16, 2020

It is a course that includes everything what is needed to start teaching. I loved it and THANK YOU!

By Anatolii H

Apr 25, 2020

I have learned many useful techniques. I'm appreciate efforrs people who in charge of this course.

By 马富成

Feb 28, 2020

The guided practices are provided for each learner; I especially love the teaching style of Shane!

By Iuliia S

Mar 1, 2019

Awesome content, really engaging and efficient! I honestly feel my own improvement as a ESL teacher

By salih I

Oct 11, 2018

I am very have for granting me chance to take those advantageous courses.

I am very graceful to you.

By Andrey T

Jun 26, 2017

Very nice course! I've got a lot of knowledge and ideas how to improve my English-teaching classes!

By Eslam H

Mar 27, 2016

One of the best courses for those who teach English, it tells you the history of teaching languaes.

By Roman K

Feb 24, 2016

Thank you very much guys! This course was amazing! Very interactive and I learned a lot.

Thank you.

By Pouya P

Sep 6, 2021

Every minute of these TESOL courses was like an hour worth of my college. I am so thankful for it!

By Milo F

Jul 20, 2021

I learned a lot about the history of teaching a language, and I am grateful I was born in the 90s!

By Adil M A M

May 3, 2020

excellent course but i would like the explanation is not all through video, articles are good too.

By Francis I Q

May 21, 2018

I learned a lot from this. The presentation was great. A student can easily understand the lesson.

By LeapingFrog E

Jan 24, 2017

Excellent course information. Although, historical it was very informative and enjoyable to learn.

By Sanaa A

Oct 20, 2021

Awesome course, thanks to everyone who worked on this course, I really appreciate . Thank you all

By Paul G

May 1, 2021

A fairly comprehensive history presented in digestible segments. Interesting written assignments.

By LI Y

Feb 14, 2021

I'm trilled for getting the course certificate. It was a great experience. Thank you so much ASU.

By Ashlyn C

Sep 21, 2020

It's a really great course! I think this will definitely help me advance my career! Thanks a lot!