Back to Teach English Now! Theories of Second Language Acquisition

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Teach English Now! Theories of Second Language Acquisition by Arizona State University

In this course learners are introduced to second or foreign language theories and practices for teaching and assessing listening, speaking, and pronunciation. Learners will also be introduced to basic studies in second language acquisition and their pedagogical implications. Teachers will be invited to recognize the importance of grounding their own teaching philosophy through an examination of purpose, content, and technique....
Highlights
Applicable teachings
(121 Reviews)
Creatively designed course
(270 Reviews)

AA
Jun 21, 2021

Interesting courses! I am learning a lot. Thank you very much Coursera. I have just completed course 2 and been delivered a certificate but I just can't access my new course. What should I do, please?

NZ
Jun 10, 2018

I'm really enjoying this course. I'm about half way through. I'm looking forrward to how the various courses in this series take me farther and farther into language learning theories and techniques.

676 - 700 of 1,660 Reviews for Teach English Now! Theories of Second Language Acquisition

By Арефьева А Б

I want to thank all educators for the course! It is very educational and wisely made!

By Nicole C

May 12, 2016

I love the videos and the teachers are so cool! I very much enjoy learning from them.

By Ivan V S

Aug 17, 2021

A​mazing course!!! Shane and Jessica are briliant!!! I've really enjoied the course!

By Yu L

Feb 23, 2021

I like it, it taught me so many teaching approach that I am not familiar with before

By Sitora V

Aug 18, 2020

Thank you for so much interesting and useful content! I will use them at my lessons.

By Ahmed A A A

May 22, 2020

it is just outstanding!

i have learnt a lot about teaching and it put me on the track

By Cihad C

Apr 13, 2020

As a candidate language teacher I've learned a lot about teaching approaches. Thanks

By Gunarti T

Dec 20, 2019

very well video presentation of the lectures, systematic and encouraging - thank you

By M D

Dec 19, 2019

Very helpful and enjoyed the entire course and exercises. Really learned a lot here

By Shay M

Dec 8, 2019

Excellent class. Loved the videos and information. Very informative and interesting.

By Svetlana I

Aug 3, 2019

A very powerful course with unique materials for vivid teaching practice! Thank you!

By Leslie B

Nov 18, 2018

A fantastic overview of the Theories used in the past up to today to teach language.

By Brian G

Jun 18, 2017

Great presentation. Especially using the devil/angel dialogue to contrast theorists.

By Paul J w

Nov 1, 2016

this is a wonderful course and very beneficial for improving English teaching skills

By MILDRED S G L

Nov 4, 2020

Thank you! But, I keep thinking that co evaluation it is not good in this course...

By chau c

Sep 2, 2020

This course have broaden my perspective of teaching. Thank all the teachers so much

By Joe S

May 14, 2018

Everyone can really appreciate the creative/informative way this course was taught!

By Lorena P

Jul 3, 2017

Excellent course. Tutors, methodologies, etc, are amazing. I recommend this course.

By Blyde O

Feb 28, 2017

I loved this course.It required a lot of concentration but was worth it at the end.

By Tran Q

Apr 5, 2021

I love this course! You'll learn past teaching methods and apply them for yourself

By Remzi B

Nov 20, 2020

I really enjoyed and learnt lots of techniques and strategies.

thanks for coaching.

By Yusupova M B

Aug 12, 2020

Great course!!!

I enjoyed it very much! Thanks for organising such amazing lessons!

By Nathanial G

Very interesting and thorough overview of the history of language teaching theory.

By Jason H

Jun 25, 2019

I really enjoyed the course, it had great informations. it was well worth my time.

By Fan W

Feb 4, 2019

Really nice course! Teachers demonstrate the approaches and theories really clear!