Back to Teach English Now! Theories of Second Language Acquisition

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Teach English Now! Theories of Second Language Acquisition by Arizona State University

In this course learners are introduced to second or foreign language theories and practices for teaching and assessing listening, speaking, and pronunciation. Learners will also be introduced to basic studies in second language acquisition and their pedagogical implications. Teachers will be invited to recognize the importance of grounding their own teaching philosophy through an examination of purpose, content, and technique....
Highlights
Applicable teachings
(121 Reviews)
Creatively designed course
(270 Reviews)

AA
Jun 21, 2021

Interesting courses! I am learning a lot. Thank you very much Coursera. I have just completed course 2 and been delivered a certificate but I just can't access my new course. What should I do, please?

NZ
Jun 10, 2018

I'm really enjoying this course. I'm about half way through. I'm looking forrward to how the various courses in this series take me farther and farther into language learning theories and techniques.

526 - 550 of 1,634 Reviews for Teach English Now! Theories of Second Language Acquisition

By carlos e p c

Mar 10, 2020

excellent topics explained into the most educational way i just loved the way you guys exposed it. thank you

By Onur O

Jul 4, 2017

This course sums up the history of the methods developed for language acquisition. It is easy to understand.

By Krisia M A

Mar 3, 2016

Very objective and simple to understand.

Short videos focused on teaching very straight forward information.

By Vera B

Dec 6, 2020

Well laid out course, well organized and information was delivered in a way to help retention and interest.

By Kate V

Jul 1, 2020

Amazing course! It explained so much about language teaching and gave me ideas that I can use in the future

By Cindy D J

Apr 24, 2020

Dr. Dixon deserves an oscar for his performance in this course! Thanks so much for making this so engaging.

By Paige M

Jan 31, 2020

Really enjoyed the overview of different approaches to language teaching in this course. Very interesting!!

By Daniela T

Feb 16, 2019

I love the teaching style of both Professors. The course is very pleasant to follow. Good pace and insight!

By S A

Dec 13, 2018

I’ve learned so much on this course and had so much fun. It was fantastic! Thank you for your great effort!

By Lillian M

Jan 22, 2018

Excellent learning experience. Extremely entertaining as well. Great content to further professional goals.

By Maria_Samkova

Nov 26, 2017

The course is well-structured and balanced. It provides us with insight on teaching methods and techniques.

By Lulu U

Sep 21, 2021

Wonderful journey of English Teaching and Learning. Very insightful course with so many fruitful takeaways

By Ali A

Mar 30, 2021

It was really amazing course that I covered my knowledge and understood the basics of teaching techniques!

By Vi V T Y K N

Apr 28, 2020

I really enjoyed this course and appreciated how much work the teachers had put into designing the course.

By Xinli G

Feb 6, 2020

Love the dramatization of all the approaches! It really helps to enhance learning and knowledge retention.

By Nadezhda S

Oct 27, 2019

Thanks a lot for such useful and absolutely clear explanations, for Your feedback and the knowledge I got!

By Evgeniy V N

Mar 17, 2018

Great and informative course that provides necessary info in a fresh and easy manner! Thank you, creators!

By Arial H

Jan 24, 2016

I enjoyed this course thoroughly! I love how playful the professors are in the videos. Makes learning fun!

By Raghav R

Dec 10, 2015

This course is so rich in content, and all this is delivered with great clarity and depth. Just wonderful!

By Ngân Á

Oct 1, 2021

Thank you for providing me such useful information through this free course, I have learnt a lot from it.

By Maria P

Aug 20, 2020

YESSSSSSS! this was so EXCITING!!!! So much Learning!!! things I didn't know! bring it on brother!!!!!!!1

By Chris L

Feb 5, 2018

This is a great course. It was interesting to learn about the different theories of language acquisition.

By Yadi S

Mar 16, 2021

This course gives a profound knowledge of how teaching theories swing like a pendulum from time to time.

By Patricia T

Oct 19, 2020

The professors always were enthusiastic, motivating and clear in their presentations. I love this class!

By Hanaa Y

Dec 19, 2019

Very insightful. It was a pleasant journey though time! Thank you very much for making this available :)