Back to Chinese for Beginners

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Chinese for Beginners by Peking University

SA

Awesome experience it was a comprehensive and informative course. I learnt alot. Thank you coursera for providing us such a nice and global platform to enhance skills and knowlegde by sitting at home.

Sep 16, 2016

Thanks for this course. I like it and this language really so necessary for me and my job. My company in New Zealand - ESKA Ltd (www.eskaltd.co.nz, eskaltd.com) and we are work with aliens from China.

276 - 300 of 3,958 Reviews for Chinese for Beginners

By IrinaKelly

Jun 12, 2017

First thank you Coursera for this amazing Chinese course. I've learned a lot in the last seven weeks. Now I can say that I can speak, talk and understand some of the Chinese language. I recommend to all of you the course. Thank you...

By Auzaie A Z B Z Y

Dec 7, 2020

This course is very engaging and indeed useful for those beginners who want to use Chinese in daily life conversation. The tests are very related to the course content, hence, it is definitely easy if we follow the teachings closely.

By Nguyen H N

Jun 29, 2020

It was a great experience learning a new language. This course is pure Communicative Chinese, which means only listening and speaking. But I do enjoy it very much, I learnt a lot. This is a great start for my journey to study Chinese

By Mir M H

Really it was a fantastic journey for me to avail of this opportunity. The teaching method was more flexible than I expected. I hope to cut a very good figure when I will continue to work or go with the Chinese community! Thank you!

By Sohaib A

I started this course to complete my course in Chinese because i already studied it earlier and couldn't get a certificate. This online course is really way ahead compared to my previous experience of studying in an academy.5 stars.

By Naruphon P

May 6, 2020

This course I give five star .Teacher teach very clear and she have very clear accent easy to listen. If Who want to start chines language you can start from here to develop your communication ability. . Recommend This many thanks.

By Preeya N

Jan 12, 2021

i love this course .enenthough i cant write the chinese characters ,i am very happy thet i could get to understand the sppoken chinese language .Xiexie ni .thank youso much for this amazing free experience of learning the language.

By Valerie L

Nov 8, 2020

Incredibly helpful. All explained well and in a straightforward manner. Appreciated the repetition of material from previous weeks to help revise whilst learning the new material. Overall, very good and would definitely recommend.

By Daniela D

Sep 2, 2020

The instructor for this course, Xiaoyu Liu was excellent. Very well-paced, clear and informative.

I would like to continue to have the opportunity to practice Chinese for Beginners and will refresh myself on this from time to time.

By Hewan D

Nov 9, 2020

I liked it very much. Please can you edit your course in the seventh week? There is only Chinese character without the English version. Thank you so much for organizing this course. I was able to grasp important points . xei xei.

By Alejandro C G

Jul 27, 2020

Muy buen curso. Bastante básico y fácil de entender, especialmente si estás empezando a adentrarte en el chino. La maestra explica muy bien y su pronunciación es bastante clara tanto en inglés como en chino. 10/10 lo recomiendo.

By Gerard H

Sep 9, 2017

To be honest a great course. I gave me the feeling to create building piece for piece, necessary for learning a complete different language. Looking forward for more Chinese for beginners and maybe after it preparation for HSK I.

By Dewi F

Aug 29, 2020

This is an extraordinary opportunity to be able to learn Mandarin at Coursera with a very extraordinary teacher, the material presented is very easy to understand, after learning mandarin I hope I will get a better job, Xièxie😊

By asad j

Sep 5, 2017

the course is very organized and effective. it is challenging enough for a beginner provided he/she has no prior exposure to mandarin. never the less, the videos and other material are very comprehensive and easy to understand.

By Marie J

Aug 15, 2017

This teacher is excellent! The time and pacing of the lessons are wonderful...short videos and concise quizzes makes you feel like you are reaching milestones. It is not overwhelming at all; she makes you want to learn more :)

By Tefanie S D

Sep 1, 2020

This is a good beginner course for people wanting to learn Chinese. It gives lots of vocabulary you can use for different scenarios in real life. It focuses more on spoken Chinese so you won't learn the Chinese characters here.

By Abu N S P

Jun 28, 2020

Been doing this course for the last 7 weeks and I can proudly say that I have come to learn some good basics of Chinese Language and to be very honest, the course materials and and lecture giving was so convenient and flexible.

By Nabeela N

Jun 2, 2020

This course is quite helpful for beginners.Tutor skills are the best.Course Content is majorly related to the videos which supports to gain new information about this Chinese language .I am happy that i had chosen this course.

By ALDO E T R

Mar 19, 2020

Excellent to start with. Excelente para comenzar.

Sometimes the pronunciation is hard for me as I have been checking other pronunciations online but its really a good start. Thanks for the support of this excellent Liú professor

By Miriam A L

Jan 8, 2021

Aporta un conocimiento básico para aprender chino con una metodología que mezcla la teoría (vocabulario, frases) con la práctica (pronunciación) de una manera fácil y entretenida. Estaré esperando al curso del siguiente nivel.

By Dylan A D M

Apr 4, 2020

Excelente curso para aprender Chino, muy interactivo y practico. Tiene excelentes actividades y uy facil de aprender su pronunciacion. Gracias A la Universidad y a Coursera por tan valioso curso. LES AGRADEZCO DE TODO CORAZON.

By Aim L

Oct 3, 2018

I absolutely recommend this course to anyone who thinks Chinese is too complicated. This course makes Chinese a lot easier. Also est for people who can't be bothered to learn how to read or write :) Thank you so muchhhhhhhhhhh

By María G B

Aug 28, 2020

Me ha servido para recordar conceptos ya olvidados y para aprender cosas útiles cotidianas y básicas, muy necesarias para el día a día. Muy buen curso para comenzar a aprender chino de la manera más útil con lo más necesario.

By Thidarat S

Apr 18, 2020

I do love this course! Teacher uses the simple words to explain us. So, it's easy to understand and I've gain a lot of knowledge right now. Also, I've known the basic Chinese now, so I can continue to keep learning by myself.

By Jameson A

Dec 31, 2018

Thanks for the opportunity to lay the foundations for Chinese with the aid of financial aid! Many appreciations on that and really a beneficial Chinese course that is comprehensive in coverage of needed English-Chinese terms.