Back to Chinese for Beginners

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Chinese for Beginners by Peking University

SA

Awesome experience it was a comprehensive and informative course. I learnt alot. Thank you coursera for providing us such a nice and global platform to enhance skills and knowlegde by sitting at home.

PP
Apr 24, 2020

She teaching very well! Easy to understand, her accent is very clear to understand, lesson is very useful to and might can use it for real. Thank you for lovely teaching and lovely lesson\n\nThank you

301 - 325 of 4,149 Reviews for Chinese for Beginners

By Valerie L

Nov 8, 2020

Incredibly helpful. All explained well and in a straightforward manner. Appreciated the repetition of material from previous weeks to help revise whilst learning the new material. Overall, very good and would definitely recommend.

By Daniela D

Sep 2, 2020

The instructor for this course, Xiaoyu Liu was excellent. Very well-paced, clear and informative.

I would like to continue to have the opportunity to practice Chinese for Beginners and will refresh myself on this from time to time.

By Hewan D

Nov 9, 2020

I liked it very much. Please can you edit your course in the seventh week? There is only Chinese character without the English version. Thank you so much for organizing this course. I was able to grasp important points . xei xei.

By Alejandro C G

Jul 27, 2020

Muy buen curso. Bastante básico y fácil de entender, especialmente si estás empezando a adentrarte en el chino. La maestra explica muy bien y su pronunciación es bastante clara tanto en inglés como en chino. 10/10 lo recomiendo.

By Gerard H

Sep 9, 2017

To be honest a great course. I gave me the feeling to create building piece for piece, necessary for learning a complete different language. Looking forward for more Chinese for beginners and maybe after it preparation for HSK I.

By Mehnaz N

Mar 5, 2021

This was the easiest way to learn Chinese. And thank you for Xiaoyu Liu so much. I can understand very well. Because of the teacher now i love Chinese and for sure i will travel to China one day.Thank you so much with much love.

By Dewi F

Aug 29, 2020

This is an extraordinary opportunity to be able to learn Mandarin at Coursera with a very extraordinary teacher, the material presented is very easy to understand, after learning mandarin I hope I will get a better job, Xièxie😊

By asad j

Sep 5, 2017

the course is very organized and effective. it is challenging enough for a beginner provided he/she has no prior exposure to mandarin. never the less, the videos and other material are very comprehensive and easy to understand.

By Marie J

Aug 15, 2017

This teacher is excellent! The time and pacing of the lessons are wonderful...short videos and concise quizzes makes you feel like you are reaching milestones. It is not overwhelming at all; she makes you want to learn more :)

By Tefanie S D

Sep 1, 2020

This is a good beginner course for people wanting to learn Chinese. It gives lots of vocabulary you can use for different scenarios in real life. It focuses more on spoken Chinese so you won't learn the Chinese characters here.

By Abu N S P

Jun 28, 2020

Been doing this course for the last 7 weeks and I can proudly say that I have come to learn some good basics of Chinese Language and to be very honest, the course materials and and lecture giving was so convenient and flexible.

By Nabeela N

Jun 2, 2020

This course is quite helpful for beginners.Tutor skills are the best.Course Content is majorly related to the videos which supports to gain new information about this Chinese language .I am happy that i had chosen this course.

By ALDO E T R

Mar 19, 2020

Excellent to start with. Excelente para comenzar.

Sometimes the pronunciation is hard for me as I have been checking other pronunciations online but its really a good start. Thanks for the support of this excellent Liú professor

By Miriam A L

Jan 8, 2021

Aporta un conocimiento básico para aprender chino con una metodología que mezcla la teoría (vocabulario, frases) con la práctica (pronunciación) de una manera fácil y entretenida. Estaré esperando al curso del siguiente nivel.

By Dylan A D M

Apr 4, 2020

Excelente curso para aprender Chino, muy interactivo y practico. Tiene excelentes actividades y uy facil de aprender su pronunciacion. Gracias A la Universidad y a Coursera por tan valioso curso. LES AGRADEZCO DE TODO CORAZON.

By Aim L

Oct 3, 2018

I absolutely recommend this course to anyone who thinks Chinese is too complicated. This course makes Chinese a lot easier. Also est for people who can't be bothered to learn how to read or write :) Thank you so muchhhhhhhhhhh

By María G B

Aug 28, 2020

Me ha servido para recordar conceptos ya olvidados y para aprender cosas útiles cotidianas y básicas, muy necesarias para el día a día. Muy buen curso para comenzar a aprender chino de la manera más útil con lo más necesario.

By Thidarat S

Apr 18, 2020

I do love this course! Teacher uses the simple words to explain us. So, it's easy to understand and I've gain a lot of knowledge right now. Also, I've known the basic Chinese now, so I can continue to keep learning by myself.

By Jameson A H

Dec 31, 2018

Thanks for the opportunity to lay the foundations for Chinese with the aid of financial aid! Many appreciations on that and really a beneficial Chinese course that is comprehensive in coverage of needed English-Chinese terms.

By Cinthya J

Jan 8, 2021

Realmente muy satisfecha con la estructura del curso, las explicaciones, ejercicios. Todo es muy comprensible para los que iniciamos en el idioma. El último apartado ha sido un gran plus para aprender y mejorar la escritura.

By Abdullah A

Jun 17, 2020

I had really enjoyed this course. The way of teaching instructor is very impressive and knowledgeable. I want some more courses like that. I had learnt almost all the basics necessary for daily life cycle of chinese. Xei Xei

By Rosa S V

Jul 13, 2020

La verdad nunca me había dado la oportunidad de entrar a algún curso pero éste lo amé, no me arrepiento de nada. Muchas gracias, estoy muy agradecida con el que me hayan enseñado lo que ahora sé.

De nuevo, muchas gracias 💗

By Larissa A D

Jun 27, 2020

Professora excelente e curso bem geral e completo! Apesar de contemplar apenas situações cotidianas e se tratar de um curso básico, o vocabulário apresentado é bem extenso, complementou bem o meu curso presencial de chinês.

By imdad

Mar 29, 2017

Today I,m very happy to completed course chinese for Beginners. i would like to coursera and paking university who encouraged me. Presentation were expected to meet . way of teacher learning was very appreciated .

Xièxiè ni

By Jase N T

Nov 13, 2016

The course is very easy to digest. The materials were relevant and straightforward. One improvement I would suggest would be the inclusion of Chinese characters in the course videos. This will help with the familiarization.