Back to Chinese for Beginners

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Chinese for Beginners by Peking University

Sep 16, 2016

Thanks for this course. I like it and this language really so necessary for me and my job. My company in New Zealand - ESKA Ltd (www.eskaltd.co.nz, eskaltd.com) and we are work with aliens from China.

SA

Awesome experience it was a comprehensive and informative course. I learnt alot. Thank you coursera for providing us such a nice and global platform to enhance skills and knowlegde by sitting at home.

4876 - 4900 of 4,927 Reviews for Chinese for Beginners

By Jenny

Oct 12, 2015

I thought she was a nice Teacher but Didn't teach the Basics steps into speaking & learning chinese .

If she had started with ABC alphabet how to write & speak the first week then taught to sound each letter out in different pitches of volume 2week then to sentences building 3rd week so on .

it would had been much more helpful I believe ...

I sad that i had to leave the course b/c it seem and look like a great obertonty ... but it went to fast didn't cover what i Expected it would.. :(

By Kobi K C

Sep 11, 2015

The whole course is basically a short topic based phrasebook being read-out and over-explained in English. Since I already speak English, this isn't very useful. The course contains no dialogues, or any real situations where vocab's being reviewed. I found the exercise nitpicky and confusing, and there's no indication nor review of what actually you did wrong. Better just use an audio-phrasebook and repeat it using the same time.

By TASNIM A S

Jul 9, 2020

This course will help anyone to understand the basic things of Chinese Language. I, personally have been so helpful thus I have no idea about Chinese language. The course have been organized such a nice way. I like it and I prefer this course to those who are also a beginners like me. Thank you.

By Juliet H

Oct 24, 2015

I am giving it a 2 and am leaving the course because several of the recordings in the second quiz don't work. It is not possible to participate when there are technical difficulties like this. If the recordings worked, I am sure it would be a very fun and interesting class.

By Jiejie W

Aug 29, 2020

Doesn't seem like enough material for 7 weeks. Typically finished a week's worth in an afternoon. Could have put more work into the examinations, which didn't really help me reinforce the material most of the time.

Nov 4, 2015

This teacher reminds me of old aunties that tried to tell me how to think. "That's just the way it is" is never a good reason for me.

By Valentina R V

Jun 27, 2020

You do have to have requisites to understand this course. Pronunciation is confusing and lack of guidance in the process.

By Youssef

Mar 15, 2021

in that course you will learn the spoked chinese using pinyin , i expected to see any hanzi but i didnt

By jorge m v m

Aug 12, 2016

I think with more listen exercises this course will be better and the length of the videos too short.

By Maroun B

Oct 24, 2016

I wish the Chinese characters were provided for all the vocabulary and example sentences taught

By Eva T C

Oct 21, 2015

the classes are sometimes extremely boring and some things are not clearly explained

By Gorret F

Oct 12, 2015

A submission too complicate to learn chinese-Three submission is too reasonable.

By mayank m

Jan 13, 2016

good good fdsfdsfsjjfjnefvk ekjvbkvh brkh4 3vk vk4r vk4 kv k34v rk4r vg4 kv

By Navapa V

Nov 1, 2021

It's not suitable for a person who has some basic Chinese

By Akihiro M

Sep 16, 2021

Chinese characters would help, not recommended

By Carissa S

Mar 24, 2021

hard to understand for beginners

By Christian

Feb 17, 2016

Very basic, we need sequels

By LucasDeGrecia

Jan 4, 2022

​s

By Carolyn D

Dec 27, 2020

This course for me was sadly frustrating as it did not seem to be tailored for a beginner. If you are tone deaf, you're really going to have problems as this language relies heavily on pitches and sounds. I found myself looking for outside sources like "children's video's" on You Tube and Duolingo to try to understand. I passed this course "Thank you Lawdy". If you sign up, just keep an open mind and stick with it. Breakthrough is sure to come. Maybe this is just the first step to unlock the door.

By TJ

The level that this class starts out is like teaching a toddler to speak Russian. I have no idea how to pronounce anything Chinese. This class kind of assumes you're familiar with the way the words sound. It's very difficult to begin. I have a language degree. If the language that studied started off like this, I wouldn't have studied it.

By John G

Feb 11, 2016

This is very basics hence getting a certificate is not valuable. I would consider getting a certificate, if it means something hence beyond a very basic crash course. The certification, should be, I can really use and means something.

By Benya C

Jun 17, 2020

My name in the certificate is not correct I just would like to change my name this name is correct Benya Christmas change for me please because I need to apply to the job Thank you so much