Back to Chinese for Beginners

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Chinese for Beginners by Peking University

SA

Awesome experience it was a comprehensive and informative course. I learnt alot. Thank you coursera for providing us such a nice and global platform to enhance skills and knowlegde by sitting at home.

Sep 16, 2016

Thanks for this course. I like it and this language really so necessary for me and my job. My company in New Zealand - ESKA Ltd (www.eskaltd.co.nz, eskaltd.com) and we are work with aliens from China.

3301 - 3325 of 3,804 Reviews for Chinese for Beginners

By Steven C

Jun 17, 2020

Course covers useful everyday situations for beginners. Some of the quiz questions & answers were paired wrongly. Could/should have some refresher questions or examples of vocabulary covered in earlier weeks during subsequent weeks, to reinforce learning.

By Leyla D

Sep 3, 2015

Excellent chunking of the material, while integrating daily conversational dialogues. Review and quizzes at the end of each section is great. However, I would suggest adding the Chinese characters to the bottom of the pinyin for future Chinese students.

By Jorge M

Jul 25, 2016

Me hubiera gustado mucho tener la posibilidad de ver y oir clips de videos relacionados con los contenidos extraidos de la vida real, de gente comun, en la calle con sus diferentes acentos. Es fascinante el aprendizaje de este idioma. Gracias. Xie Xie

By Kedar U J

Nov 18, 2020

Thanks to the instructor and the course structure, it is easy and fun to learn. The assignments and the whole evaluation process is good but it would be better if there's an exam at the end of course. Looking forward to upgrade my levels in Mandarin.

By Paramee S

Apr 27, 2020

The content is easy to digest and the way things are being explain in this course is very clear. I had always been intimidated by the characters to start learning Chinese. But now that I went though this course I find it encouraging to learn more.

By Ivan R

Nov 18, 2019

It is a very good one to start but most have a basic too. My experiences are that I never have the opportunity to go to the school to learn Chinese and with this I just get to correct some of my pronunciation mistakes. is ok but needs more basic.

By gaetane

Dec 8, 2015

Very interesting to learn the basis of Chinese ; very simple and clear!

It is also a good basis to prepare the HSK but in my opinion it would have been interesting to have also the chinese characters writen in order to learn both at the same time!

By Enrique A v B

Jul 22, 2020

El curso es adecuado. Solo creo que puede mejorar con los primeros cuestionarios, los cuales son mas complejos que los últimos. Esto puede hacer que los usuarios se atemoricen y rehuyan de aprender. Por lo demás, el curso está muy interesante.

By Poola J

Oct 26, 2020

I have taken this course out of curiosity and activate my mind by learning new language. It has really help me understand and learn language easily. The only drawback I found was, tests could be more improvised. As, I found them very direct.

By Luis O C K

Jul 24, 2019

Amazing intro, the pronunciation guidance and vocabulary are very useful but sometimes it can be quite hard and confusing. May have missed it but the vocabulary addendum at the end could've been split by lessons, helping the process a lot.

By Michell

Jul 17, 2020

It's quite good to know more about the different major languages in the world. Because this is just the lowest stage so it is still quite far from using Chinese like second or third language. For me, it is a quick tour guide and effective

By Simona A

Oct 24, 2015

I already attended a Chinese for Beginners course years ago. This course was excellent for brushing up words and sentence constructions. Excellent course also for completely beginners. I hope that there will be additional courses. Thanks!

By Jennifer D S

Apr 16, 2017

This is a wonderful beginner course for Chinese. I would say it would be great for those who have no prior experience with Chinese, since it is very well made and easy to follow. It gives very well made lessons and is very informative.

By Ioulia B

Jun 14, 2020

The instructor was well paced, knowledgeable. Good review of common things to say if you were in China. I am missing the syntax of the language, how sentences are put together. I prefer a bit of grammar in my language learning.

By Pedro S

Jul 7, 2017

Algunos subtítulos en español están mal, y no vendría mal enseñar un poco más sobre gramática, ya que el curso se centra en que memoricemos preguntas y respuestas predeterminadas. Por lo demás, está genial para el precio que tiene.

By TaTa

Nov 17, 2020

It should have Chinese Charactors with a small pinyin, but it should not only have a pinyin charactors.

Thanks for the free course and chinese language. It is very important and high benefits to continue to learn from this courses.

By Kishan R

Apr 28, 2020

Really good introduction to everyday words and phrases in Pinyin. Having all the sentences etc. written out in Pinyin would have been helpful (what is written doesn't necessarily correlate to the material covered in the videos).

By Fabian C S

Aug 26, 2020

Me gustó por el hecho de que se ven temas de la vida cotidiana,como para un turista digamos.Y se complicó,que esté solamente en ingles.Tienen que considerar también al español,ya que es un idioma muy hablado hoy en dia.Gracias.

By Elisabeth d R

It was an interesting course and learned some basic Chinese. It's a pity that I couldn't really practice with other people so I hope to meet soon some Chinese to apply what I've learned. It was a great experience, Xièxiè nǐ

By Kirstine D

Jun 24, 2020

Fun course and a good place to start. It skips some details at times, but nothing that matters on the whole. It gives a good basic idea of how to pronounce and talk about simple, basic ideas. I liked it and learned a lot!

By Aticha A

Apr 27, 2020

I think some of the quiz answers are wrong (In section about time) (but it is not a big mistake). Please check again. This course is great both for beginners and other level Chinese learners. Thank you for the course!

By Vinicius R

Mar 20, 2017

Awesome course! Thanks for everything! It would however be great if you also could provide the Chinese characters for all the stuff we've learned *while* we learn it and not in the end of the course. :) Best,

Vinicius

By soledad v p

Aug 18, 2020

Hermosas clases, incluso para quiénes no hablamos perfecto inlgés, si no hubiese sido porque las clases tenían traducciones yo no habría empezado estas clases. Espero poder seguir aprendiendo y mejorando mi chino 💞

By Abdullah A M

Jul 27, 2020

It is amazing to learn other language with such a easy method. I like this course from best university in China. Now i can speak Chinese what i learned by this course. Thank you coursera and peaking university.

谢谢