Back to Chinese for Beginners

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Chinese for Beginners by Peking University

Sep 16, 2016

Thanks for this course. I like it and this language really so necessary for me and my job. My company in New Zealand - ESKA Ltd (www.eskaltd.co.nz, eskaltd.com) and we are work with aliens from China.

PP
Apr 24, 2020

She teaching very well! Easy to understand, her accent is very clear to understand, lesson is very useful to and might can use it for real. Thank you for lovely teaching and lovely lesson\n\nThank you

3351 - 3375 of 3,823 Reviews for Chinese for Beginners

By SILVANA P G R

Jul 19, 2020

Para ser primera vez que practico chino, fue muy entretenido agradezco la fluidez de la profesora, se entiende bien, no me fue fácil pero me encanto aprender este idioma, espero poder seguir avanzando.

By Penelope D

Sep 16, 2017

Very introductory with minor problems/mistakes. It's good to start if you're a total beginner, but you sure need much more if you want to go on with Chinese language. Thanks for an amazing start though!

By Kutay S

Oct 5, 2015

Very solid content, with distinct sections and themes. No writing makes it into a good introductory course but also is something more serious learners need to study on their own alongside the course.

By Mahzabin T

Apr 27, 2020

It was really amazing to learn the Chinese language. I loved it! this was great for beginners to learn Chinese basics. whoever is willing to learn basic Chinese speaking must go through this course.

By Jhopsangel R

Sep 4, 2019

Excellent course, but would have liked to have the characters that go with the pinyin, even if they was not much importance given to them. It´s nice to get familiar with them before the end.

By augusto w

May 1, 2020

Really liked it. I would prefer to learn along the chinese characters, but also understand that is hard to focus on so many new things (tones, characters, words, gramatic). gong xi gong xi!

By RoastedLemon21

Feb 2, 2019

Great course, although if you plan to learn more than the basics start with the Chinese for HSK by Peking University which in my opinionif you are serious about learning chinese, is better.

By Nik N F W A

Apr 15, 2020

Simple teaching which can be easily understood. Excellent for beginners. Would be delighted if more examples or vocabularies were supplied for reference, and more questions in the quizzes.

By Falguni G

Jun 8, 2020

The course is nice and easy for people wanting to learn and communicate in Chinese. It would be more helpful if there was some discussion on Chinese grammar rules and sentence formation.

By Sanjit S

Aug 15, 2016

Great course to get a beginners exposure to the chinese language. Liked the practical concept of the lectures, aiming towards sentences and phrases that can be used in daily interaction.

By Wimonwan L

Apr 18, 2020

This course offers Chinese vocabulary in daily life for basic conversation. It'll be better for students to study Chinese Characters to be able to read and write to fulfill the study.

By Luú S

Apr 17, 2017

Fue un buen curso, solo que este se aprende mas si hay mucho esfuerzo y dedicación ya que si no repites constantemente no se te queda grabado en el mente, fuera de eso todo genial! :D

By Sasiwan P

Apr 29, 2020

Overall, it''s a great course. I have some basic background knowledge about Chinese. However, I learnt some new vocabs from this course and also how to pronounce words more properly.

By Sushant L

Jul 3, 2017

A perfect way to introduce chinese for beginners. All the basics were covered using English as its main language. This course will indeed be a stepping stone for me to learn Mandarin

By Helen

Sep 15, 2020

It's a grate course, but sometimes the teacher did not put the things she said. It was dificult to understand her; therefore I had to put the subtitles. That's my only complain. :)

By Martyna M

Jul 3, 2020

It was very pleasant and approachable course. The 4 stars note only because there could have been more vocabulary, e.g. with other dishes, fruits, vegetables, sports, hobbies etc.

By Pariyakorn I

Apr 10, 2020

I think listening to vowel and tonal sounds is a bit difficult. But I like asking and answering better. It made me get to know basic sentences and easy vocabulary.

By Minh K V

Dec 26, 2016

The course is very useful when provide a basic speaking Chinese for beginners. However, i hope that in the fulture the course can also provide somethings about chinese writing.

By Felix P

Aug 10, 2016

I think it is a very good course, but for me, it was too dense, which led to me not finishing it. More emphasis should be on repetition and deepening of the acquired knowledge.

By Nathania Y

Nov 30, 2020

during stay at home, I was studying from any source, include Cousera and took this class. I am so happy because i can refresh my mind about chinese language. Thankyou Coursera

By Aigerim T

Jun 20, 2020

This is the great introduction course, but it will be even better explaining the structure of sentences. However, it was amazing course to learn common expressions! Thank You!

By Nicholas J M

Jun 14, 2020

Excellent course. I would only suggest that the videos be a little bit longer and some more explanations be given on why certain words are inserted into some full sentences.

By Joanna C

Apr 13, 2020

Very good introductory speaking course. Great instructor. The quizzes should also include some of the sentence construction so students can test their understanding of this.

By Cristina A

Sep 22, 2015

It's easy to understand and so useful. I met a chinese girl and now we talk together. I hope will be another one in the future to continue learning this beautiful language.

By Terrianna S

Sep 2, 2015

I thought the class was very well done as an introductory class. Although I thought there would be an introduction to characters also. I liked the laoshi and the slides. :)