Back to Chinese for Beginners

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Chinese for Beginners by Peking University

Sep 17, 2016

Thanks for this course. I like it and this language really so necessary for me and my job. My company in New Zealand - ESKA Ltd (www.eskaltd.co.nz, eskaltd.com) and we are work with aliens from China.

EE

Mar 02, 2016

This course is excellent. It gives thorough introduction into language without going into too much unnecessary details. Highly recommended for anyone who wants to start learning Chinese from scratch.

26 - 50 of 1,278 Reviews for Chinese for Beginners

By Muhammad W A

Dec 14, 2018

Very easy to learn the basic Chinese language. The most important and interesting about the course is that everything is illustrated with the help of pictures which makes it very easy to learn.

By Omar A G N

Dec 18, 2018

When you start it`s so difficult the tones, but with the time is more easy. The course complied with my expectations.

By Houssine

Jan 08, 2019

great idea

By Muhammad S

Jan 10, 2019

Very beginner friendly

By HAMZA M

Jan 10, 2019

Assalam o alikm! pleasure for me to be the part of this course.

By Nicole B

Jan 11, 2019

is very easy and the teacher explains so easy to understand.

By Muhammad Q U Z

Feb 20, 2019

I found this very good for the early learners of Chinese language

By Gilang P

Feb 12, 2019

The material given is sufficient enough for beginner who learn Chinese with no background education at all. Xie xie xiaojie Xiaoyu, xianzai, wo hui shuo yidian Zhongwen.

By AFFANE M A R

Feb 11, 2019

ren hao!!

By Mahmood u H

Feb 23, 2019

Excellent learning

By Risa U

Feb 23, 2019

I have already studied these contents off-line course 2 years ago. So I took this course for review. This was amazing course for this purpose, thank you!

By Mohammed A O B

Feb 17, 2019

It is very amazing course you will never regret if you gave it more time its very nice course

By Carolina C

Feb 26, 2019

Muy explicativo y didáctico, Feliz tomaría un segundo curso para seguir aprendiendo.

También me gustaría intentar con italiano.

Gracias!!

By daylin

Feb 28, 2019

it is very simple but super useful to start to understand chinese.

By Sara C

Feb 09, 2019

I like the format that it gives you step by step

By Joaquin R

Mar 03, 2019

Thanks to Xiaoyu Liu for an amazing class. It is very helpful to see and hear the unfamiliar sounds or phonetics of the Chinese Language from the Instructor, Xiaoyu Liu. This is better than Rosetta Stone which is very expensive and the disc set or software expires in two years. I will take an advance course in Chinese; also, will take a course in reading and writing Chinese characters.

By Claudio E d P S

Mar 05, 2019

Me gustó mucho el curso. No tenia ni idea que fuera tan simple el chino.

By Marian J P

Mar 07, 2019

Es un curso bueno para reforzar conocimientos e incorporar nuevo vocabulario.

By Martin P H J

Mar 08, 2019

I really enjoyed this. Its main strong point is that the pronunciation is very clearly modelled, for students to copy. It covers quite a lot of ground. There are a lot of words in it, but many of them are recycled in later lectures, which helps them to stick. There isn't any grammar explanation, so if you like studying languages more analytically, this might not be the course for you, although as I said, I'd still recommend it if you are new to Chinese pronunciation. The only thing I wasn't particularly impressed by were the quizes, which were a bit easy, but I suppose they want the course to be accessible to as many people as possible, and not to put people off for fear of failing. Thanks for making this course available.

By Shivam D

Mar 10, 2019

Great Teacher

By Daniela M

Mar 11, 2019

Muy bueno para comenzar a aprender el idioma y conocer de la cultura.

By Alberto G H

Mar 12, 2019

I have certainly enjoyed this online course to get the basics of Chinese, and I do believe the way it was done has been a great compromise between time and information being shown (that is, the course is really fast to finish with, yet very important information is being given; and on the other hand, not many deep details on grammar are being given, yet various important stuff are definitely discussed). I would certainly recommend it to people who want to get a hint about how does the chinese language work.

The first lessons were extremely useful to learn the way chinese is written and accentuated, the numbers, the colours, the time...All that very simple information which actually makes us feel we start to understand the language itself. However, I must admit that the last lessons (the application of basic language to various daily contexts) were certainly difficult. It was still easy to associate concepts and remember them for some time, but the variety of words is so complex that, I admit it myself, after a few hours it is fairly difficult to remember everything you just did. Some mnemotechnic rules will anyway help a lot to learn some expressions, and I am sure I will never forget those.

Overall, I am really happy to have spent some weeks finishing this course to understand the basics of chinese and never say I do not understand the language at all. I thank Professor Xiaoyu Liu for the time to prepare it, and wish her all the best of successes on getting more people to study her courses. Thank you.

By Yanira S C B

Mar 01, 2019

Un curso en el que se enseña de manera dinámica y los contenidos aptos para cualquiera que desee aprender este lindo idioma. Muy útil.

By Emily A B

Mar 15, 2019

It was easy and simple to understand. I wish there were the Chinese Character so I could recognize the pinyin that I am reading .