Back to Chinese for Beginners

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Chinese for Beginners by Peking University

Sep 16, 2016

Thanks for this course. I like it and this language really so necessary for me and my job. My company in New Zealand - ESKA Ltd (www.eskaltd.co.nz, eskaltd.com) and we are work with aliens from China.

SA

Awesome experience it was a comprehensive and informative course. I learnt alot. Thank you coursera for providing us such a nice and global platform to enhance skills and knowlegde by sitting at home.

201 - 225 of 4,585 Reviews for Chinese for Beginners

By Aye C M

Jun 10, 2021

It´s so good for me because I have been learnt chinese but my country don´t have a good situation so I didn't self study and I break for a long time. But now this course give me some train and it can make me more remember chinese initials and some tone. THANK for everything , xie xie lao shi

By Gohar T

Mar 4, 2021

I just discovered that Chinese isn't so difficult as many people think. I would love to continue the studies. in order to remember the material, it is necessary to communicate with a native speaker! I hope one day I will visit China and will be able to speak Chinese with locals. Thank you.

By ADISARA P

Apr 27, 2020

I was learn Chinese Language before a little bit form Chinese series. I knew some words but can't speak in sentences. This course is very useful. It is not easy but not too difficult. It make me want to study more. Thank you all of participant for let everyone can study for free. Thank you.

By aurida j

Mar 26, 2021

Nǐ hǎo, wǒ shì Aurida Javed. Zhè mén kèchéng hěn bàng. Dànshì wǒ bùnéng mǎi zhèngshū, yīnwèi zhè shì fèiyòng. Bāng wǒ zhuàn qǔ zhèngshū

xièxiè nǐ

(hello I am Aurida Javed. This course is amazing.But i cannot buy my certificate because this is expense. Help me to earn my certificate

By Piyapat P

Aug 29, 2015

This is very useful course! The professor describe all courses with clam and very kindly. I also love that it is an open course with no time limit so that I could enjoy and repeat every time I need. Please continue the next chapters or next Chinese language course for all of us. Thank you.

By Zulfiqar A A

Apr 24, 2020

well wonderful experience, as I already know some basics before, it was a good revision and practice to recall the basics of the Chinese language. The teacher has very good command and learning style, its easy to understand. I recommend this course for beginners who want to learn Chinese.

By Choy-Lean L

Dec 26, 2020

Thank you. When I began this course, I had absolutely no idea what to expect. I really enjoyed it as I got to learn Chinese phonetics and Hànyǔ Pīnyīn. On top of that, I have expanded my vocabulary. I also love the notes given to the students at the end of the course. To the teacher, 谢谢!

By TAN X Y

Sep 8, 2020

The syllabus was very useful, you only need to learn the pronunciation and correspond them with actual things. Not too easy or too hard, all the knowledges taught are very useful. And the terms taught are reusable throughout the course, it's fun to make sentences with the template given!

By Corina T

Sep 25, 2015

The teacher is very good. It is also good that it has the words written in Mandarin at the end of the material. I just finished the course but now I am learning the Chinese characters for the vocabulary presented in these lessons. I loved this course! I will come back to revise it often.

By Natalia M

Jun 22, 2021

Me siento muy agradecida con la Profesora que hizo posible el aprendizaje del maravilloso idioma Chino y por brindarme ésta oportunidad de poder estudiar con la Universidad de Pekín y con la brillante Profesora. Mi agradecimiento, mi reconocimiento y a seguir estudiando. Muchas gracias.

By Kyaw K A

Oct 18, 2019

Here in this Lecture, it can motivate deeply my interest upon using Chinese Phonetics and I know its importance for Language development. It can reinforce me to study of Chinese Language further. Moreover, I believe the vocabularies used in these lecture series are useful in daily Life.

By Arys P D

Jul 25, 2020

This course helped me a lot in understanding everyday stuff or subject that may be part of conversations. It also helped me a lot in understanding that intonations are very important. I also learned the spellings of some words and that guided me a lot in properly pronouncing the words.

By Sarinya S

May 12, 2020

I spend my free time learning this course, And what I got is very worthwhile. The teacher is so amazing, she teaches easy to understand and I have received both of the knowledge and funny. I hope that I will use the knowledge that I've learned from this time to traveling in China soon.

By Sokolnikova O

Jul 13, 2020

I recommend this course to everyone, who needs easy introduction into Chinese language. It's an amazing chance to practice tones and pinying speaking, writing easy phrases and dialogues. Definitely you will enjoy the course and its charming and serious Teacher. I wish you good luck!

By Marco A M d O G

Dec 11, 2018

After taking this basic course my communication skill has improved a lot. I can understand a little bit better when native speakers talk. I am living in beijing and at the beginning I had problems with listening skill as well as speking. Thanks to this course I can express myself...

By Ayana T W

Sep 5, 2017

With the way that the coursera infrastructure is set up, I think it really is hard not to learn anything and do well on the small assigments. You can redo the quizzes, slow down and rewatch the videos, and you can use the little review prompts as you need. I think it's a good course.

By Lauren K

Mar 28, 2016

If you want basic useful Mandarin, this course is a great introduction! I am traveling to China in a few months and I am looking forward to trying to use what I've learned in the course! The teacher is easy to understand and the grammar points are straightforward. I really enjoy it!

By Rajeshwarikumari M

Jun 8, 2020

Engaging course for beginners. The content is slow and fast enough to have enough time to learn the topics for the weeks. The lecturer is very thorough and her pronunciation is very clear. Would recommend. Although, you do have to pay for a certificate despite 'free' offers given.

By Ancizar P T

Dec 3, 2016

The Teacher explains topics in an easy to understand manner. Her method is effective because she models the pronunciation and she uses nice images to help us understand the vocabulary. Thanks for this amazing initiative. People around the world would benefit from learning Chinese!

By Le K K H

Aug 26, 2015

This course is very useful for people who want to learn how to speak Chinese in communication. However, I hope there will be pinyin added so that I can try to recognise the Chinese characters. Anyway, thanks for such a great course. I look forward to seeing more courses like this.

By Irina F

Mar 26, 2020

The course is well-designed. It gives necessary vocabulary for the beginners, moreover, there is a vocabulary list at the end which is quite useful. I enjoyed taking the course. However, in Unit 7 some of the tapes were not that clear. I'm sure to take More Chinese for Beginners.

By Catalina P R

Mar 15, 2016

This was my first experience with Chinese and was very friendly. At first I thought it would be really hard for me but it wasn't, the readings were easy to follow and really clear. I really enjoyed this course and recommend it for everyone who wants an approach to this languaje.

By Markus A

May 23, 2018

Perfect for people who have had no prior experience with asian languages and who are not very good at taking up new languages. The learning curve is not steep at all and especially when it comes to pronounciation I haven't yet seen a course where the topic is better introduced.

By Coleen L

May 13, 2021

Overall I'm satisfied with the course. The only thing is for maybe the later lessons, to have a list of terms or vocabulary used in the lesson? I remember seeing something like that early on in the course, but not so much later on. That'd be my only suggestion. Thank you! 谢谢你们

By Adam D

Aug 18, 2020

Great for utter beginner to learn key essentials for say tourism travel, shopping and booking tickets or hotels etc. Format of the teaching is nicely progressive and enforces you to use what you learnt across previous weeks into the week you next study, thus building practice.