Back to Chinese for Beginners

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Chinese for Beginners by Peking University

Sep 16, 2016

Thanks for this course. I like it and this language really so necessary for me and my job. My company in New Zealand - ESKA Ltd (www.eskaltd.co.nz, eskaltd.com) and we are work with aliens from China.

SA

Awesome experience it was a comprehensive and informative course. I learnt alot. Thank you coursera for providing us such a nice and global platform to enhance skills and knowlegde by sitting at home.

176 - 200 of 4,596 Reviews for Chinese for Beginners

By Jennifer M M

Jul 14, 2020

I had to speed as usual but it was a fantastic experience. I would like to do a course with a Japanese lady that looks like my mother, it would be the best way to hook people to learn a language. I enjoyed very much with this chinese lady, she was marvellous. congratulations to the coursera team and to her.

By Touqeer A

May 20, 2021

Although the Chinese Language is difficult to learn.But nothing is so powerful than hard work and self-belief which is my strength. I really learn lots of new things. Now I am able to read (Pinyin) and speak Chinese. It's a very useful course to learn the Chinese Language. Very helpful for beginners.

Thanks

By Liliana

Aug 18, 2020

Me gustó mucho este curso, tenía un conocimiento nulo del idioma, aunque si bien aun no me creo capaz de comunicarme de forma oral, si soy capaz de comprender oraciones escritas, aprendí vocabulario, puedo identificar palabras en una conversación. Me gustó tanto el idioma que continuo aprendiéndolo.

gracias

By Fendi

Aug 20, 2015

Great videos, awesome explanations, amazing background history, fun ad libs, and professionally done!! I am looking forward to sharing my new skills and hopefully taking all subsequent courses offered in this series. She has ignited my desire/excitement to learn Chinese! Where is course 2 already?!?!??! :)

By agnes c

Jun 8, 2020

I have learned a lot from the course. I just hope that I was able to submit the activities and exercises I did. And someone will check the grammar/structure of my sentences.

The review quizzes are quite short, some of the test are not more than ten items. Looking forward for another free lessons. Thank you

By Eugenia V

Aug 14, 2016

One should keep in mind that the course is only a guidance. It is way not enough to achieve any fluency. But it is a good starting point. The teacher is charming, and the vocabulary you are going to learn is really useful in many real life situations. Just keep practicing independently as much as you can!

By Đào T N

May 10, 2021

This course gave me a golden opportunity to start learning Chinese. After finishing all lessons, I nơ can make basic conversation with my Chinese friends online. They said they could understand what I said so that I'm so happy. I appreciate all efforts that the professor had put in. Thank you so much !!!

By Tam U

Apr 6, 2020

This course is exactly what i’m looking for. Learn chinese without chinese alphabet, this might sounds strange but I gain much more when I study any language by learn how to speak first. Finally, I would like to thank you my teacher, Liu laoshi, for the best chinese learning experience ever! xiexie ni 🥰

By Vijayanand S

Chinese is a wonderful yet a hard language to learn for a non native speaker. But this course has been designed in such a way that, anyone who has zero exposure about the Chinese language and culture, can truly gain confidence to learn and use short Chinese phrases in daily routine. Highly recommended.

By Huyen N N

Apr 3, 2020

This course is beginner-friendly, very easy to understand and learn. The instructor has an amazing voice with clear pronunciation in both Chinese and English. The course covers a wide range of conversational topics that are familiar and useful in daily life. Thank you very much for a fantastic program!

By Nguyễn T H

Aug 4, 2020

The course is very helpful to me. I have learned some basic Chinese for communication purposes. The topics are really popular and familiar with learners. I really like the teacher's method, voice, and speed, which I found suitable for beginners. The course helps me interested more in learning Chinese.

By Rosemae A

Nov 7, 2020

Very helpful course. The course has very good material, it is concise and easy to understand and has practical conversation examples and tips (like bargaining). The instructor, Xiaoyu Liu, also speaks as if you are having a conversation which makes it easier to understand. Definitely a great course.

By Sasicha O

Jul 23, 2021

I appreciate this course, I can learn more new words and understand to speak Chinese exactly, I recommned that someone who would like to start in Chinese language could enroll for free and set the goal to achieve. I say thank to the teacher and coordinator to have done this course for all of us.

By Luis E F

Muy buen curso, siempre pensé que aprender Chino sería muy difícil, inclusive lo básico y este curso me ayudó a superar mis límites y querer ahora si, aprender aún mejor y más Chino, para de esta manera poder visitar China y conocer más de esta cultura extraordinaria. Muchas gracias a la profesora!

By Rashmi

Jun 20, 2018

Best course for a beginner, I have begun communicating in Chinese these days with the locals, and tend to understand better. Just a suggestion: pronunciation of the initials and finals could be taught with equivalent examples from English language, since that is the only challenge that i faced here

By Mohamed A J

Nov 3, 2019

It is one of the best courses ever taken. It has lots of good example and simple ways of explaining. It is the best training for beginners to learn Chinese. I like it so much and especially the short quizzes after each section helped to learn the language. Thanks for having this treasure overhear.

By Ernesto N S

Oct 28, 2016

This course is very elementary and provides you with all tools you need to start learning Chinese for good. The material is very well structured and after these basics, especially in pronouncing, i am confident that i am able to move forward to the next level. Thank you for such an amazing course!

By Ahmad S N

Apr 25, 2020

Hi, I found this course so informative. The contents are truly fruitful. I recommend all the Chinese beginners to take this instructive course in order to learn the Chinese basics. I sincerely thank to all the team who have provided this amazing platform.

Best regards,

Ahmad Shah Nawazy

Afghanistan

By Emma

Feb 11, 2018

The course was really nice and easy to understand. I think it might have been better if it would have gone a little bit faster. There is so much vocabulary and it is so well explained by professor Xiaoyu Liu. I would highly recommend this course for anyone willing learn some useful basic phrases.

By Abida

Oct 30, 2016

i thought that learning this language would be difficult but this website makes it just so easy and fun to learn.

I just absolutely love this website,i really recomend this ypo people who are very low on studies or to people who want learn more.

This is a very,very,very good website,one of the bast

By Samantha S

Jun 9, 2021

A wonderful course for all those who want to get started with Chinese. It is very useful if you want to travel or study in China or just learn something new or improve your pronunciation. Xiaoyu is an amazing instructor, always smiling and teaching every topic with patience and great dedication.

By Sophie R

Feb 6, 2020

Très bons cours pour acquérir et revoir les bases de la langue chinoise. Je recommande.

Je tiens à soulever qu'il y a une petite coquille dans le lexique à la fin du cursus 5 est 五 et non 无. C'est juste une erreur de frappe que vous avez soulever puisque vous avez suivi ces cours très bien fait.

By Vikash K

Jun 4, 2017

This is the best course I have come across.Easily comprehensible course material taught in the most Interactive way.The course Instructor is very lively and will make you learn even if you don't want to.

A must recommended for all.(So that all can understand basic pronunciation of Chinese words).

By Fayabee A

Sep 28, 2020

this course was really very helpful,, I have learnt a lots of things and daily life conversations,and now i can tell that i am 50% fluent to talk into mandarin with daiy life converstion, I think as a beginners all should take this course to be fluent and gain some basic knowledge of mandarin.

By Nisva S

Overall, this course give us a very good material for someone who started to learn Chinese. The lecturer also did a great job, whether it's her explaination or her pronounciation. One suggestion, it would be better to include the chinese charater so we can learn to read or write it. Thank you,