Back to Chinese for Beginners

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Chinese for Beginners by Peking University

Sep 16, 2016

Thanks for this course. I like it and this language really so necessary for me and my job. My company in New Zealand - ESKA Ltd (www.eskaltd.co.nz, eskaltd.com) and we are work with aliens from China.

SA

Awesome experience it was a comprehensive and informative course. I learnt alot. Thank you coursera for providing us such a nice and global platform to enhance skills and knowlegde by sitting at home.

251 - 275 of 4,577 Reviews for Chinese for Beginners

By Kardakos G

Jun 22, 2021

Excellent course. Xiaoyu Liu was perfect for this course. Explained everything in videos. She was very helpful. After that it's all up to us as she has given us the fundamentals for learning Chinese. Thank you very much... or i should say.... Tài gǎnxièle. : )

By Sally R

Dec 11, 2015

The vocabulary was adult and useful.

I liked the amount of repetition; the beginner has a chance to actually hear spoken Chinese.

I also liked the short sentences. A beginner can't be expected to learn long discourses, especially in a tonal language like Chinese.

By rowena o

Aug 22, 2020

CONGRATULATION TO OUR PROFESSOR IN CHINESE MADAM XIAOYU LIU FOR HAVING IMPARTING HER SKILLS TO US ALTHOUGH IT WAS A VERY DIFFICULT JOURNEY IN LEARNING CHINESE FOR BEGINNERS.

IT WAS SUCH A CHALLENGE IN SPEAKING CHINESE. THANK YOU FOR THE OPPORTUNITY COURSERA.

By Ammar M K

May 6, 2020

Great course! It Gave me a good start and now I am very motivated to continue my journey in learning the Chinese language.

However you may need to study the pinyin pronunciation rules first before having this course since it doesn't explain it in great details.

By Lazar

Aug 14, 2015

It was an awesome experience! I would totally recommend anyone to join in/enrol in the course. The professor is understandable, both English and Chinese. Useful phrases and sentences, while sentences are also covered during the course, as well as the dialogue.

By Alpha B

Mar 8, 2021

A course that is a must for all Chinese Language beginners. It's easy, clear and very well structured. Best thing is that it's material is free of charge available for students who are poor and can not afford to even think about the purchase courses, like me.

By María F H M

Aug 9, 2020

The teacher's methodology is very good, little by little you fall in love with the language, and there even comes a time when you can already identify words before reading the meaning. I highly recommend it, and I look forward to taking more classes with her.

By PRAPADSUANG T

This course is good for beginner. Short and easy to understand. Don't need to deeply know all chinese language but know chinese in the situation of the daily life. It's really can use! It's good basic for learning more. Thanks Teacher and all teams. :) 谢谢老师!

By khawla a

Jul 18, 2019

my firs language is Arabic and I took some English in school and university , this course was easy to understand the teacher is good , I would recommend this to anyone with no experience in this language . grateful for everyone who made this course possible

By Wilsen W

Mar 25, 2018

It was a great experience. Thank you for sharing the basic of Chinese.

But I hope you can also include some Chinese character. I understand that you might not want to confuse some participants but I think it is very important to learn some Chinese characters

By Grace K

Mar 24, 2020

Easy to complete, instructor speaks clearly with a lot of helpful repetition to help with speaking. She also points out common misunderstandings in pronunciation and spelling. I recommend taking this course, especially for pronunciation guidance. Xiexie ni!

By Olga V

Oct 17, 2016

I really enjoyed this course. Professionally done and very well structured. Never boring or too much info for a single week. Just perfect for my busy schedule. Thanks a lot! I've had my introduction to Chinese and will most likely further pursue this study.

By Nicole S

Dec 17, 2020

Such an amazing course, I'm feeling so good for taking the chinese classes, and being productive during the 2020 quarantine, finding coursera was the best, I will continue learning chinese, and it will be an amazing skill for my future, THANK YOU COURSERA.

By Nikola S

Great course with very practical content.

Mrs. Xiaoyu Liu is a great teacher with awesome english and learning skills, excercises were very usefull and I already learned a lot from this course. I am looking forward to use these experiences in the future.

By Martha L A M

Sep 3, 2019

Increíble! Un curso que contrariamente a lo que imaginaba me pareció muy bien explicado e interesante con un método que te atrapa hasta finalizar. Te aporta palabras importantes que te introducen a un idioma que jamás imaginé poder entender. Felicidades!

By Luciana P

Jun 1, 2021

I'm so happy to have found this course, is a wonderfull introduction to mandarín chinese. I have fallen in love with the language in the seven weeks of the course and I will keep learning it. Give all the love in the world to the teacher, she is amazing.

By Jaime C

Jun 28, 2020

Very complete and profitable course. I achieved what I wanted. One can learn very valuable stuff if true dedication is put into the course. In the end, I realized that learning Chinese was easier than I thought. And thanks to Xiaoyu Liu, a great teacher.

By Milca G

Jun 1, 2020

Recomiendo ampliamente este curso.

Los videos de aprendizaje duran menos de 5 minutos y la actitud de Xiaoyu Liu facilitan la compresión de los temas a tratar.

Sin duda alguna esta es la mejor manera para aprender una lengua extranjera de alta importancia.

By Ksenia R

Sep 18, 2020

Me encantó el curso, la profesora explica muy bien, es muy cortés y amable. Fue un verdadero placer de estudiar Chino. Me hubiese gustado conocer más pronombres personales y conocer algunos símbolos de escritura. Muchas gracias a Coursera por ese curso.

By Warunya P

May 14, 2020

I learned lot of Chinese words from this course . I think this course is suitable for the beginner and Who have learn Chinese before also . I can review my Chinese skill from this course. You Just spend a bit time to study . Thank you teacher. xiexie

By Harshal M

Apr 4, 2018

Good course for complete beginners.

Although i would suggest more explanation for measure words. More examples will also help.

Having said that, thaks once again for all your efforts. I look forward to learning more advanced chinese courses in the future.

By Kumar

Aug 26, 2020

I am very happy with this seven weeks online program. You go slowly to understand well, I think this is good way in teaching to the foreigners. I am very glad that I got a chance to learn from you dear mam. Thank you so much for your efforts and time.

By Karla U

Aug 14, 2021

I really loved the course, it is an easy way to start learning the language to communicate. I'm giving on line classes to Chinese students, and now I can learn some of the things they try to say (some of them are really young), in their own language.

By Patricio A

Oct 22, 2020

Thank you! for the professionalism throughout the course. I send you a great love. I am infinitely grateful for all the knowledge that you added to my Pekin University !!! They really gave me a new look at my ability to learn and transmit knowledge.

By Domingo C S

Jun 4, 2017

Me encantó que el curso sea tan simple para gente que no tiene noción de chino, aunque en las últimas "lectures" no escribian todo lo que aparece en la pantalla, así que tenía que ver la transcripción para entender o saber algunas cosas que entiendo.