Back to Chinese for Beginners

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Chinese for Beginners by Peking University

PP

Apr 25, 2020

She teaching very well! Easy to understand, her accent is very clear to understand, lesson is very useful to and might can use it for real. Thank you for lovely teaching and lovely lesson\n\nThank you

SA

Jun 17, 2020

Awesome experience it was a comprehensive and informative course. I learnt alot. Thank you coursera for providing us such a nice and global platform to enhance skills and knowlegde by sitting at home.

151 - 175 of 3,029 Reviews for Chinese for Beginners

By Corina T

Sep 25, 2015

The teacher is very good. It is also good that it has the words written in Mandarin at the end of the material. I just finished the course but now I am learning the Chinese characters for the vocabulary presented in these lessons. I loved this course! I will come back to revise it often.

By Kyaw K A

Oct 19, 2019

Here in this Lecture, it can motivate deeply my interest upon using Chinese Phonetics and I know its importance for Language development. It can reinforce me to study of Chinese Language further. Moreover, I believe the vocabularies used in these lecture series are useful in daily Life.

By Sarinya S

May 12, 2020

I spend my free time learning this course, And what I got is very worthwhile. The teacher is so amazing, she teaches easy to understand and I have received both of the knowledge and funny. I hope that I will use the knowledge that I've learned from this time to traveling in China soon.

By Marco A M d O G

Dec 12, 2018

After taking this basic course my communication skill has improved a lot. I can understand a little bit better when native speakers talk. I am living in beijing and at the beginning I had problems with listening skill as well as speking. Thanks to this course I can express myself...

By Ayana T W

Sep 05, 2017

With the way that the coursera infrastructure is set up, I think it really is hard not to learn anything and do well on the small assigments. You can redo the quizzes, slow down and rewatch the videos, and you can use the little review prompts as you need. I think it's a good course.

By Lauren K

Mar 29, 2016

If you want basic useful Mandarin, this course is a great introduction! I am traveling to China in a few months and I am looking forward to trying to use what I've learned in the course! The teacher is easy to understand and the grammar points are straightforward. I really enjoy it!

By Rajeshwarikumari M

Jun 08, 2020

Engaging course for beginners. The content is slow and fast enough to have enough time to learn the topics for the weeks. The lecturer is very thorough and her pronunciation is very clear. Would recommend. Although, you do have to pay for a certificate despite 'free' offers given.

By Ancizar P T

Dec 03, 2016

The Teacher explains topics in an easy to understand manner. Her method is effective because she models the pronunciation and she uses nice images to help us understand the vocabulary. Thanks for this amazing initiative. People around the world would benefit from learning Chinese!

By Le K K H

Aug 26, 2015

This course is very useful for people who want to learn how to speak Chinese in communication. However, I hope there will be pinyin added so that I can try to recognise the Chinese characters. Anyway, thanks for such a great course. I look forward to seeing more courses like this.

By Irina F

Mar 26, 2020

The course is well-designed. It gives necessary vocabulary for the beginners, moreover, there is a vocabulary list at the end which is quite useful. I enjoyed taking the course. However, in Unit 7 some of the tapes were not that clear. I'm sure to take More Chinese for Beginners.

By Catalina I P R

Mar 15, 2016

This was my first experience with Chinese and was very friendly. At first I thought it would be really hard for me but it wasn't, the readings were easy to follow and really clear. I really enjoyed this course and recommend it for everyone who wants an approach to this languaje.

By Markus A

May 23, 2018

Perfect for people who have had no prior experience with asian languages and who are not very good at taking up new languages. The learning curve is not steep at all and especially when it comes to pronounciation I haven't yet seen a course where the topic is better introduced.

By MIGUEL Á R M

Jun 28, 2017

Excellent course, really ideal for beginners. It was very enjoyable. The teacher is very professional, congratulations to her from me. I hope there is a second part. Highly grateful to the staff of Coursera and the University of Beijing, who made this course possible. Regards!

By PASCHARIN D

Apr 11, 2020

Teacher teach very easy to understand. Lessons are not too hard for beginner learning. All of the course don't use any Chinese alphabets at all (just only use pinyin) but in the last lesson has all vocabularies in Chinese and pinyin (also English translation).

By Sarai L

Aug 07, 2018

It was wonderful, I recommend this course to anyone that wants to start a new language, the teacher explain very well each topic, with this course and my Chinese Classes in my country, I really know a lot of things for talk to Chinese people. Don't hesitate to do this course.

By Chatlada T

Jun 28, 2020

very good for the very beginner like me, easy to understand, teacher's pronunciation so clear and understandable, video not too long or too short and cover things in daily life that we need to know. It's a very very great course :D I feel good to join this course. Thank You.

By Yatin G

Jun 09, 2020

The teacher is phenomenal and a very good understanding of the subject. She never missed any single detail of the subject and also let know of what-if situations which is good to see. Overall I'm very happy with the course and I think it will really help to boost my carrier.

By Alexander J G P

Jun 30, 2018

Un excelente curso, me ayudo bastante a dar un punto de partida a a prender chino ya que al ser un idioma extraño a primera vista uno no sabe por donde empezar, este curso fue mi gran empuje y punto de partida hacia enteder este hermoso y idioma junto con su hermosa cultura.

By Muhammad H P

Apr 01, 2020

This course is really suitable for a completely beginner like me. But when I learn from another sources like Youtube, I found that the some expression like "Zaijian" is really too formal and almost never used in daily conversation. But, overall it's a good starting point.

By Mech S

Jul 23, 2017

Этот курс - замечательное приобретение для новичка! Китай - это великая страна с богатой культурой и языком. Огромное вам спасибо! (This course is great for beginners! China is a wonderful country of the East with an interesting culture and language. Thank you very much!)

By Paul h

Oct 07, 2015

This course was presented professionally. It was well organized with the right amount of material to keep my interest. I highly recommend this course to anyone who has a desire to learn Chinese. I look forward to any additional courses that Peking University has to offer.

By VALENTINA C

Jun 23, 2020

The course is amazing! thank you for this opportunity and the collaboration with Catania university. In the first time i was afraid to start it, because we know the chinese language is difficult!! but with the course i learned many words and helpful expression . Enjoy it!

By Emily Q

Apr 15, 2020

This course is good for anyone looking to learn how to speak simple Chinese. It's very thorough without going into too much detail. The phrases you learn will be helpful if you plan to travel to a Chinese speaking country or to make conversation. Thank you for the class!

By Thao D

Jun 04, 2020

The course is nicely designed for busy learners with very little or even no Chinese background knowledge. Within few weeks of fun learning, I am equipped with many popular vocabulary and useful sentences/ phrases for basic daily communication. Many thanks to Coursera!

By Malu C

Aug 11, 2016

I loved the course! Xiao Liu is an excellent teacher. She pronounces slowly and clear which makes all lessons easy to understand and follow. The additional material provided in each lesson is very helpful for practicing before answering the quizzes and submitting the