Back to Chinese for Beginners

Chinese for Beginners, Peking University

About this Course

By SS

Sep 17, 2016

Thanks for this course. I like it and this language really so necessary for me and my job. My company in New Zealand - ESKA Ltd (www.eskaltd.co.nz, eskaltd.com) and we are work with aliens from China.

By EE

Mar 02, 2016

This course is excellent. It gives thorough introduction into language without going into too much unnecessary details. Highly recommended for anyone who wants to start learning Chinese from scratch.

1,144 Reviews

By

excelente curso, my práctico

By Mónica Gissell García Molina

Mar 19, 2019

Excelente curso para iniciar a aprender mandarin. Los videos y ejercicios son ultiles.

By RAHUL BISWAS

TOO GOOD

By Muhammed Salih Jimoh

Mar 18, 2019

very helpful

By Anna Ufimtseva

Mar 15, 2019

Очень понравилось, спасибо. Возможно стоит добавить иероглифы.

By Emily A Barton

Mar 15, 2019

It was easy and simple to understand. I wish there were the Chinese Character so I could recognize the pinyin that I am reading .

By Alberto Gómez Herrera

Mar 12, 2019

I have certainly enjoyed this online course to get the basics of Chinese, and I do believe the way it was done has been a great compromise between time and information being shown (that is, the course is really fast to finish with, yet very important information is being given; and on the other hand, not many deep details on grammar are being given, yet various important stuff are definitely discussed). I would certainly recommend it to people who want to get a hint about how does the chinese language work.

The first lessons were extremely useful to learn the way chinese is written and accentuated, the numbers, the colours, the time...All that very simple information which actually makes us feel we start to understand the language itself. However, I must admit that the last lessons (the application of basic language to various daily contexts) were certainly difficult. It was still easy to associate concepts and remember them for some time, but the variety of words is so complex that, I admit it myself, after a few hours it is fairly difficult to remember everything you just did. Some mnemotechnic rules will anyway help a lot to learn some expressions, and I am sure I will never forget those.

Overall, I am really happy to have spent some weeks finishing this course to understand the basics of chinese and never say I do not understand the language at all. I thank Professor Xiaoyu Liu for the time to prepare it, and wish her all the best of successes on getting more people to study her courses. Thank you.

By Daniela Morales

Mar 11, 2019

Muy bueno para comenzar a aprender el idioma y conocer de la cultura.

By Shivam Doshi

Mar 10, 2019

Great Teacher

By Martin Philip Harris Johnston

Mar 08, 2019

I really enjoyed this. Its main strong point is that the pronunciation is very clearly modelled, for students to copy. It covers quite a lot of ground. There are a lot of words in it, but many of them are recycled in later lectures, which helps them to stick. There isn't any grammar explanation, so if you like studying languages more analytically, this might not be the course for you, although as I said, I'd still recommend it if you are new to Chinese pronunciation. The only thing I wasn't particularly impressed by were the quizes, which were a bit easy, but I suppose they want the course to be accessible to as many people as possible, and not to put people off for fear of failing. Thanks for making this course available.