Back to Chinese for Beginners

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Chinese for Beginners by Peking University

PP

Apr 25, 2020

She teaching very well! Easy to understand, her accent is very clear to understand, lesson is very useful to and might can use it for real. Thank you for lovely teaching and lovely lesson\n\nThank you

SA

Jun 17, 2020

Awesome experience it was a comprehensive and informative course. I learnt alot. Thank you coursera for providing us such a nice and global platform to enhance skills and knowlegde by sitting at home.

126 - 150 of 3,029 Reviews for Chinese for Beginners

By Pathaimas S

Apr 29, 2020

I love this course, it helped me improve my Chinese communication skill.

I've learned to pronounce correctly and read in pinyin as well.

Each video is pretty short and easy to catch up.

Teacher is very great, her pronunciation to each word is very clear both in Chinese and English.

Thank you very much! Xie xie!

By Tiziana G

May 07, 2017

Teacher is great. With her calm and kind voice, she makes chinese so easy to pronounce. The course is very well structured and flexible. It covers all basic topics for a beginner in very short time and effort. It also gives the opportunity to practise more if you are so lucky to have time to do it. Thank you!

By Mirela K

May 05, 2020

This course is good for beginners. They teach you all the necessary things without making it hard for you. After this course, I can talk on different topics, not only about my family and hobbies but also how to communicate while shopping and how to explain how I feel in case I am sick. I highly recommend it.

By Fendi

Aug 20, 2015

Great videos, awesome explanations, amazing background history, fun ad libs, and professionally done!! I am looking forward to sharing my new skills and hopefully taking all subsequent courses offered in this series. She has ignited my desire/excitement to learn Chinese! Where is course 2 already?!?!??! :)

By Agnes C

Jun 08, 2020

I have learned a lot from the course. I just hope that I was able to submit the activities and exercises I did. And someone will check the grammar/structure of my sentences.

The review quizzes are quite short, some of the test are not more than ten items. Looking forward for another free lessons. Thank you

By Eugenia V

Aug 14, 2016

One should keep in mind that the course is only a guidance. It is way not enough to achieve any fluency. But it is a good starting point. The teacher is charming, and the vocabulary you are going to learn is really useful in many real life situations. Just keep practicing independently as much as you can!

By Tamura

Apr 06, 2020

This course is exactly what i’m looking for. Learn chinese without chinese alphabet, this might sounds strange but I gain much more when I study any language by learn how to speak first. Finally, I would like to thank you my teacher, Liu laoshi, for the best chinese learning experience ever! xiexie ni 🥰

By Vijayanand S

Chinese is a wonderful yet a hard language to learn for a non native speaker. But this course has been designed in such a way that, anyone who has zero exposure about the Chinese language and culture, can truly gain confidence to learn and use short Chinese phrases in daily routine. Highly recommended.

By Huyen N N

Apr 04, 2020

This course is beginner-friendly, very easy to understand and learn. The instructor has an amazing voice with clear pronunciation in both Chinese and English. The course covers a wide range of conversational topics that are familiar and useful in daily life. Thank you very much for a fantastic program!

By Luis E F

Muy buen curso, siempre pensé que aprender Chino sería muy difícil, inclusive lo básico y este curso me ayudó a superar mis límites y querer ahora si, aprender aún mejor y más Chino, para de esta manera poder visitar China y conocer más de esta cultura extraordinaria. Muchas gracias a la profesora!

By Rashmi

Jun 20, 2018

Best course for a beginner, I have begun communicating in Chinese these days with the locals, and tend to understand better. Just a suggestion: pronunciation of the initials and finals could be taught with equivalent examples from English language, since that is the only challenge that i faced here

By Mohamed A J

Nov 03, 2019

It is one of the best courses ever taken. It has lots of good example and simple ways of explaining. It is the best training for beginners to learn Chinese. I like it so much and especially the short quizzes after each section helped to learn the language. Thanks for having this treasure overhear.

By Ernesto N S

Oct 28, 2016

This course is very elementary and provides you with all tools you need to start learning Chinese for good. The material is very well structured and after these basics, especially in pronouncing, i am confident that i am able to move forward to the next level. Thank you for such an amazing course!

By Ahmad S N

Apr 25, 2020

Hi, I found this course so informative. The contents are truly fruitful. I recommend all the Chinese beginners to take this instructive course in order to learn the Chinese basics. I sincerely thank to all the team who have provided this amazing platform.

Best regards,

Ahmad Shah Nawazy

Afghanistan

By Emma

Feb 11, 2018

The course was really nice and easy to understand. I think it might have been better if it would have gone a little bit faster. There is so much vocabulary and it is so well explained by professor Xiaoyu Liu. I would highly recommend this course for anyone willing learn some useful basic phrases.

By Abida

Oct 30, 2016

i thought that learning this language would be difficult but this website makes it just so easy and fun to learn.

I just absolutely love this website,i really recomend this ypo people who are very low on studies or to people who want learn more.

This is a very,very,very good website,one of the bast

By Sophie R

Feb 06, 2020

Très bons cours pour acquérir et revoir les bases de la langue chinoise. Je recommande.

Je tiens à soulever qu'il y a une petite coquille dans le lexique à la fin du cursus 5 est 五 et non 无. C'est juste une erreur de frappe que vous avez soulever puisque vous avez suivi ces cours très bien fait.

By Vikash K

Jun 04, 2017

This is the best course I have come across.Easily comprehensible course material taught in the most Interactive way.The course Instructor is very lively and will make you learn even if you don't want to.

A must recommended for all.(So that all can understand basic pronunciation of Chinese words).

By Nisva S

Overall, this course give us a very good material for someone who started to learn Chinese. The lecturer also did a great job, whether it's her explaination or her pronounciation. One suggestion, it would be better to include the chinese charater so we can learn to read or write it. Thank you,

By M A I G V

Feb 20, 2020

An exceptional course, which takes you from complete ignorance o a simple understanding of the Chinese sintax and grammar, I have learnt basic phrases which could allow me to travel within China without any problems, I would like to follow a next step . Great Course!!!! from any point of view.

By Sasarot M

May 08, 2020

This courses Chinese for Beginners is wonderful but them should teach more about Chinese characters as well because Chinese characters have a great effect on the use of communication. If there is no learning in this area Will be able to speak only, Unable to read or write in basic knowledge.

By Goga Y

Jun 01, 2020

I just discovered that Chinese isn't so difficult as many people think. I would love to continue the studies. in order to remember the material, it is necessary to communicate with a native speaker! I hope one day I will visit China and will be able to speak Chinese with locals. Thank you.

By ADISARA P

Apr 27, 2020

I was learn Chinese Language before a little bit form Chinese series. I knew some words but can't speak in sentences. This course is very useful. It is not easy but not too difficult. It make me want to study more. Thank you all of participant for let everyone can study for free. Thank you.

By Piyapat P

Aug 29, 2015

This is very useful course! The professor describe all courses with clam and very kindly. I also love that it is an open course with no time limit so that I could enjoy and repeat every time I need. Please continue the next chapters or next Chinese language course for all of us. Thank you.

By Zulfiqar A A

Apr 24, 2020

well wonderful experience, as I already know some basics before, it was a good revision and practice to recall the basics of the Chinese language. The teacher has very good command and learning style, its easy to understand. I recommend this course for beginners who want to learn Chinese.