Back to Chinese for Beginners

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Chinese for Beginners by Peking University

Sep 17, 2016

Thanks for this course. I like it and this language really so necessary for me and my job. My company in New Zealand - ESKA Ltd (www.eskaltd.co.nz, eskaltd.com) and we are work with aliens from China.

EE

Mar 02, 2016

This course is excellent. It gives thorough introduction into language without going into too much unnecessary details. Highly recommended for anyone who wants to start learning Chinese from scratch.

126 - 150 of 1,275 Reviews for Chinese for Beginners

By Sandro A

Feb 09, 2016

Thanks to this course I know enough to get around in my city, Chengdu (Sichuan Province, China). Xiexie!

By Beinpuo E S W

Apr 02, 2017

Great course I managed to pick up a few vocabulary

By Piyapat P

Aug 29, 2015

This is very useful course! The professor describe all courses with clam and very kindly. I also love that it is an open course with no time limit so that I could enjoy and repeat every time I need. Please continue the next chapters or next Chinese language course for all of us. Thank you.

By Rashmi

Jun 20, 2018

Best course for a beginner, I have begun communicating in Chinese these days with the locals, and tend to understand better. Just a suggestion: pronunciation of the initials and finals could be taught with equivalent examples from English language, since that is the only challenge that i faced here

By Dorottya F

Feb 07, 2017

This course is very useful for people who just started to learn Chinese. It is well-paced, every week has 4-5 sections with a 3 minute video in the beginning that introduces new words and or grammar point. The topics are useful and the vocabulary and grammar that we learn are at HSK 1 level. The quizzes are short and the deadlines motivate you and help you keep track. I also really liked our professors voice and the way she spoke Chinese.

By Elijah

Mar 02, 2016

By Wojciech A

Oct 15, 2016

I really appreciated the course and have found it very helpful . Hen Hao !

By Consuelo C

Jun 23, 2016

amazing

By Manjari R

Sep 14, 2015

A wonderfull introduction for beginners in Chinese. This was my first Chinese lesson ever, and i really enjoyed it : easy to understand. The teacher speaks very slowly and repeats each word/sentence 2 times, so we have time to train our ears to the "chinese speaking music". :-)

This course focuses on oral chinese only (speaking and understanding), but you can go further and use other online ressources to learn reading/writing chinese too.

By Claudia A B C

Sep 21, 2015

Fantastic! Very good!

By Eduardo C M

Aug 14, 2015

Excellent way to learn the basic of an ancient language

By Vinícius G F

Aug 19, 2016

I'm changing my review:

This course has great content and the teacher does a great job in explaining the correct pronunciation!

By Leonid K

Nov 05, 2015

Excellent course and I wish there is another one to follow up

By WAQAR A K

May 04, 2017

I had been interested in learning Chinese. I have completed this course. It has helped me a lot. I specially thank the course instructor Associate Professor Xiaoyu Liu, the Peiking University and the Coursera Team for providing such a good course for free.

I once again thank my instructor. I will respect her if I ever meet her. Her teaching method was very polite and understandable.

By Fendi

Aug 20, 2015

Great videos, awesome explanations, amazing background history, fun ad libs, and professionally done!! I am looking forward to sharing my new skills and hopefully taking all subsequent courses offered in this series. She has ignited my desire/excitement to learn Chinese! Where is course 2 already?!?!??! :)

By T.Sai N B

Oct 30, 2015

Its a wonderful experience that i had gained through this course thanks to coursera for offering such a wonderful courses thanks a lot.

By SANDRA C

Apr 08, 2018

Excelente. Estuvo genial, quiero seguir aprendiendo

By DIANA M C S

Mar 08, 2016

It's very interesting and the approach is very appropiate

By Thomas S

Mar 12, 2016

Learned the basics in Chinese. I am glad I took this course before taking classes at my local school.

By Le P L

Nov 07, 2015

Very useful

By Kelly L S

Dec 13, 2015

This was a great basic course that introduced simple pronunciation and words that can easily be transformed into building blocks for learning more Chinese. The instructor was excellent in her explanations and her articulation was extremely helpful in guiding the learner through each video. Thanks for much for a great introduction to Chinese!

By Jessica

Apr 17, 2016

excellent, an actual chinese person was impressed with my ability to speak

By Dimitri C B

Oct 19, 2015

This is an excellent course if you want to learn the basics of Chinese.

By Garyulkina A

Feb 21, 2016

Great course! Course providers are into effective explanation and communication with students. Recommend it!

By Dani C

Jan 16, 2016

This is a really great course. Thanks!