Back to First Step Korean

May 1, 2017

251 - 275 of 7,166 Reviews for First Step Korean

By Kazi S M

Jun 20, 2020

This course was very helpful.Thanks for making it available.The learning process was easy and simple.If someone is interested in Korean i would highly recommend it.The teacher that teach the class very graciously guided through the whole thing.

-고맙습니다

By Thanasorn T

Apr 28, 2020

The content is very good. With both basic knowledge of Korean such as letters, vowels, numbers, and sentence usage in a variety of situations.

English used in teaching is easy to understand. Also, they have subtitles as well, I think it can help people who are not good at English to understand the lessons more easily.

Overall, I received many benefits from this course.

Sep 30, 2018

I, myself, was once clueless and would go blank whenever i'd hear a Korean person speak. Thanks to this course, i have learned to much to the point in which I am able to quite get a basic understanding of what the conversation is about and I am able to hold a conversation. If you apply yourself well and want to devote yourself into learning Korean, you will succeed.

By Jemie U

Nov 25, 2020

This course was very useful for me since I wanted to refresh my basic Korean. It was really easy to learn and follow the lessons of each module and the study notes and quiz really helped me in retaining what I have learned. I also appreciate that the video lessons include the pronunciation, vocabulary, and conversations we can use to learn and practice our Korean.

By Karla H L L

Nov 24, 2020

Es un excelente curso, nos enseñan desde las vocales y lo necesario para poder crear conversaciones de diferentes tipos, a mi consideración es muy agradable como llevan a cabo los videos, notas y exámenes, enseñan vocabulario, la forma correcta de escribir, pronunciación y significado, además lo complementan con la practica y ejemplos lo cual lo hace muy dinámico.

By Tara B

Sep 30, 2017

This was a great introductory course to the Korean language. I've self-studied Korean before, but always struggled with pronunciation, this course is great for getting pronunciation correct. The units will get you into everyday conversation which is easy to use and practice! By the end I find myself reading, writing, and listening to Korean much better. Thank you!

By Emely M

Oct 23, 2019

for me this module really help. I think it does cover the basic that you need in order to learn basic korean words starting from the alphabet or hangeul. There's a lot of time i struggle with the pronunciation. In the future, i think it would be better if there's a guide in written in alphabet as to how to properly pronounce the words. Over all I enjoyed learning

By veerisa s

Apr 24, 2020

this course that make me to learning during this summer

so i had gotten the new vocabularies absolutely i will remember it after this class

and very thanks to SeungHae Kang Seonbaenim to teach to learnners so i really like it because i'm enjoying this class so much & let me know Korean's Cultures more and more

finally i hope i learn Korean with Yonsei again!!! ^^

By Suman Y

Dec 15, 2020

Prof. Kang is has nicely delivered all lectures and explained very well. For me, this course was life saver. Due to this pandemic, I was unable to take admission in Korean language course in my country as all institution were closed but through this platform I learned Korean at home without any difficulty with top Korean language professors. Thank You Coursera.

By Pimjai C

May 5, 2017

It needs a lot of hard work by yourself to remember the vocabulary but totally worth it! There are many things I don't understand studying Korean by myself but with the help of the instructor, Ms. Kang, and all the mentors, I get better every week. This is really fun! Thank you for such a good course and all the people involved who made this course possible! :D

By Nguyễn V P A

Nov 27, 2020

This course provides the fundamental knowledge about Korean with easy- learning method. Each video has short period of time therefore I often learn 3 to 4 videos at once. 5 years ago, I learnt Korean but I dropped out; however, my passion has come back after I found out this online course. Thank teacher and Coursera <3 who make knowledge has no boundary limits

By Jane M

Sep 24, 2020

The course is a very good intro to the Korean language. It is packed with information and I often needed to spend extra time to master the lessons especially when it came to the native and sino number systems. The course materials were very helpful and I enjoyed Professor Kang's presentation of the materials. Thank you to Seung Hae Kang and Yonsei University.

By Martha L

Oct 26, 2019

Primero , muchas gracias por darnos la oportunidad de hacer el curso gratuitamente. En verdad me gusto mucho porque esta muy bien estructurado a parte de que aprendi me diverti mucho. Pienso volver a hacerlo si se me permite, porque quiero dominar bien los verbos y la pronunciacion. Tambien me gusto porque esta muy bien explicado. En verdad muchas gracias!!

By Laura G P

Oct 22, 2020

firts step korean ha sido una de las mejores decisiones de mi año, el idioma es maravilloso y la forma en que este curso es explicado en Coursera, específicamente, es muy fácil y útil. Te ayuda con los primeros pasos y como empezar a comprender un lenguaje completamente diferente. agradezco muchísimo esta oportunidad y espero seguir aprendiendo con Coursera.

By Omar E M M

Sep 27, 2020

Thank you a lot for allow me be part as one of your students in this First Step Korean, i've never thougth that I'd learn Korean .... but thanks to you, it was possible... nothing more to say, i'll keep studying all the lessons you gave me, grammar,pronunciation, vocabulary, practice and pranctice it's all I need to speak fluently the Korean Language. 감사합니다

By Bridget I

Sep 17, 2020

Perfect course for beginner learners, while still providing a lot of interesting information not touched on by other apps or courses, such as differences in pronunciation in certain situations/how syllables change the sound of those around them, and some of the origins of the writing system etc.

Ms Kang is a great teacher and makes the course very enjoyable.

By Esraa A M S

Nov 13, 2016

I recommend this course for all who want to learn the language.

It is well organized.

Easy to follow.

Contains important topics which u need for your daily life in Korea.

You won't loose your time.

On the other side, the quizzes, I think, are too short or too easy.

It would also be perfect, if we are able to record our own sentences or write it and get feedback.

By Syifa N A

Oct 15, 2020

I like how the teacher explaining every topic in a simple way, well- although it's the basic. But it makes easier to understand even for a beginner who just start to learn. Because language can be hard if the person who explains it is using high word, and without notice create an invisible barrier. I learned so much from this course, thank you very much :D

By Yessenia P

Jul 14, 2020

Hola soy de Chile, a pesar de que me falta aún mucho por estudiar para aprender palabras y gramática, quiero decir que es un excelente curso, muy didáctico, me encantó la forma en la que se explicó todo. Gracias por dar la oportunidad de impartir este curso de forma gratuita y poder acercarme más a la experiencia coreana. Saludo y muchas gracias por todo

By ZAINAB A

Jun 3, 2020

I loved this course so much I'm so glad I took it. The videos and practice sections within them are perfect for learning. The quizzes are also very helpful to determine how much one has retained and the lecturer made this course very interesting. I did not feel like this was an online course at all, it felt like a proper lecture in university. Thank you.

By kalina m

May 22, 2020

This course was super comprehensive and easy to follow. It teaches you not only basic language skills but Korean culture as well. The examples and dialogues are practical, and you can use them in day to day conversation. The lecturer was also very good, and helped make the learning experience even more enjoyable. Thank you for making this amazing course!

By Bridget

Feb 6, 2020

This is a great beginner's course for Korean learners. I liked the introduction video for each lesson, then a pdf of the notes is provided so you can review and study, finally you take a quiz to see if you have learned the material. I really enjoyed this course, and it gradually challenged me more and more. I will be returning to it to review and study.

By Soua C

Oct 23, 2016

This was a really good course! I thoroughly enjoyed it. The only feedback that I have is to introduce vocabulary before using them in the practice conversations. Otherwise, really informative. I truly recommend this to anyone who wants to learn more in dept about the alphabet system, new vocabularies, time, sentence structures, counting, time, and more!

By Karina M M C

Jan 29, 2019

Muchas gracias por este maravilloso curso, puede aprender muchas cosas acerca de la escritura coreana y reforzar mis conocimientos acerca del idioma, agradezco nuevamente por permitirme tomar este curso y mejorar mis habilidades.Espero que sigan haciendo este tipo de cursos y niveles más avanzados como con conversación y actividades cotidianas. Gracias

By Ekta R

Dec 12, 2020

First of all a very big thanks of Professor Kang. It was so great to have her as my teacher, I learnt a lot from her.

They way she was teaching was so easy to understand and very informative as well.

I was so happy through out this course.

I am so much into Korean culture and their language. I hope I get to learn more deeply about that.