Back to First Step Korean

Learner Reviews & Feedback for First Step Korean by Yonsei University

PW
May 27, 2021

useful course for fundamental learners. Everyone can take this course easily.\n\nthe instructor gives me good teaching and more information.\n\nI can basically talk to Korean after finished the class.

DD
May 1, 2017

351 - 375 of 9,164 Reviews for First Step Korean

By Eboni P

Aug 23, 2020

I wish there was a part 2 of this course. I learned so much that I want to keep going. This course takes you from a very beginner to having a very decent grasp and understanding of the language and how to use it. From all the super expensive Korean courses I have taken, this one is the most concise to get you speaking faster. I highly recommend!!

By Jennifer H

Sep 1, 2019

Well structured and organised. I didn't feel like I needed any other resources or background knowledge to finish this course. I'm actually quite surprise of how much I learned in only a couple of weeks of these short lessons. I only wish there were more exercises to practice with, but overal very happy with the course. Would definitely recommend!

By Elizabeth J

Sep 27, 2020

El curso esta muy bueno, aprendí mucho, te enseña bien la gramática, escuchas y practicas con conversaciones naturales y te dan vocabulario de se usan en el día a día, lo mejor de todo es que lo puedes ajustar a tu horario ya que las clases están disponibles en cualquier momento y puedes verlas cuantas veces quieras. Me encanto muchas gracias.

By SHRUTI J

Jul 5, 2020

The course content is properly divided into modules and the lectures and notes are very helpful in understanding core concepts.The discussion forums were active and the moderators helped us whenever we were stuck.It was an awesome experience and I had a lot of fun learning this new language.Professor Kang was an awesome teacher. Thankyou so much

By Tran T T H

Feb 1, 2021

I want to show my great gratitude to my teacher, and for this course. Thanks to this precious chance, I can learn basic Korean. Now I can read the language, I will keep loving and learning Korean until one day I can visit your country. During this hard time (covid-19), I hope that you and your family will be safe and healthy. Thank you so much.

By Akhdan M

Jul 27, 2020

Definitely interesting course. Got so much knowledge about Korean Hangeul and culture as well, especially for me as beginner to Korean language. The materials delivered clearly though the presenter quite seemed not interesting, but it doesn't really matter. This course is totally recommended! Thank you Mrs. Seung Hae Kang and Yonsei University!

By Swarnasree C

Jun 24, 2020

I totally loved this entire course! I got to learn the basics thoroughly and can now make sentences as well. The pattern of this course is very interesting which will make one to learn more and more. Heartfelt thanks to Coursera, Yonsei University, and Professor Seung Hae Kang for this opportunity. Wishing you all lots of happiness and success!

By Heidi J R

Jun 21, 2020

Fist of all I want to thank my Instructor for teaching me everything...It is very helpful to me and I really enjoy learning with this.I learned so many things and I guess when I will go to Korea I can speak some Korean words and communicate some Korean friend of mine using the knowledge that I learned through this course...Thank you very much.

By Muhammad T A

Apr 18, 2020

I took a Korean lesson for beginners a few years ago. I think this course is a good way to refresh my memory rather than going through the books. There are some things that aren't taught where I took the lesson years ago but I get them here. You don't even need a subtitle to understand what the teacher said. A good place to study basic Korean.

By Johanna J J

Apr 14, 2021

Me encanta, gracias aprendí mucho con ustedes y quiero seguir aprendiendo mucho más.

No es facil pero me gusta aprender de su cultura su idioma todo. Por eso doy y dare lo mejor de mi para seguir aprendiendo con ustedes! Muchas gracias por este hermoso curso. Aunque si supiera mejor el inglés supongo que me iria un poco mejor.

Saludos. 감사합니다

By Miss D

Nov 29, 2020

This course will help you with the basics. You'll learn how to write and read Hangul, you'll know how to count numbers in Korean, you'll know how to say the time and date in Korean. And to make sure that you have learn from the lectures, they give you quizzes. This course is excellent for beginners! I highly recommend you taking this course.

By Raúl I Á M

Es excelente para comprender lo fundamental del coreano. Debido a lo básico que es uno puede envolverse en el idioma y adquirir con mayor fluidez el coreano. Además, se presentan partículas gramaticales que son necesarias para comprender el cómo se comunican, pues los coreanos son detallistas a la hora de comunicarse, por no decir precisos.

By Rizqi

May 16, 2020

The course is really amazing for now! Professor Seung Hae Kang explains everything in a great order. She guides me through every lesson with detailed explanation and dedication, it helps me a lot on learning Korean. This is a very good recomendation to learn Korean for beginners. Thank you for Proffesor Seung Hae Kang and Yonsei University!

By Maryrose G

Dec 25, 2016

This course is great! I am fond of watching Korean dramas and and this made me appreciate the language more. My only knowledge before taking this course are a few words that were frequently spoken in dramas but after finishing this, I can now read Hangeul. This is a very good beginner's course for those who want to explore other languages.

By Tan W T

May 5, 2020

The syllabus is very well planned, with adequate examples to illustrate and extensive vocabulary for practice. The graded quizzes are also of suitable difficulty levels. I am very happy to be able to learn the basics of the Korean Language from this course and would definitely recommend it to people who have no knowledge of the language.

By Ka T

Nov 19, 2019

Mrs Kang explanation is so clear. i can understand all the things she say in the video. So that i can learn reading, writing, listening and speaking korean language easily. so much helpful to improve my language ability and i am able to speak hanguk and write hangeul. thank you very much mrs.Kang and also coursera to provide this course!

By Karen C

Aug 16, 2020

Me encantó, lo recomiendo totalmente, soy una persona muy distraída y muy difícilmente algo llama mi atención y este curso lo logró al 100%. Las actividades muy bien, todo lo que te preguntan en cada una es lo que te enseñan en cada vídeo, hasta me atrevería a hacer todo el curso desde cero de nuevo solo para repasar, lo disfruté mucho.

By Sukitta K

This course is very useful for people who want to learn Korean language from the basic one. Professor is nice. In each lesson professor will explain everything clearly that make student can easily understanding. For quiz it quite simple as well, so if student pay attention with the lesson, student will be able to pass the quiz easily.

By David K

Jan 9, 2017

excellent course, well explained in a fun and precise way,

nice to use foreigners for the videos, but only white people, why not have some dark people too?

the mandarin translation is good,

But it would help Chinese speakers to have the Chinese original translation of the vocabulary

ex: 清掃 =청소

will there be a second level course?

고맙습니다

By Hanna M S M

Jun 28, 2020

I had learned so much. The teacher's lectures were a big help for me to learn Korean. It was really a step by step. The lectures were slowly but surely. You will know where it started. I do reccommend this class for my fellow non-korean beginners to enter this class to learn where korean languange and characters came from. Thank you!

By Jess P

Jun 4, 2020

Love this course!! So glad I found this resource and got to learn it for free on Coursera. Definitely recommend this to anyone who wants to learn basic Korean. This course teaches you the basics, and make sure you knows the basic rules of Hangeul. Quizes are easy if you learn and take note diligently. An excellent basic-level course.

By Laura Y Z G

May 5, 2020

Thank you to Yonsei university for offering this course on coursera and to the teachers who created, i thought it was going to be more difficult to understand it 'cause is a completely different language than mine but is really good structured that made my learning easier, I enjoyed a lot and was pleased to take it, I'd recommend it.

By Charmaine W

Nov 23, 2018

Very good course. I've been trying to learn Korean, on and off, for a few years now and this course has been the only method that I can say has worked for me. So many important rules and basics are presented in this course, that other programmes I did lacked. I'd recommend it to anyone who wants to learn Korean from scratch! 5 stars!

By Naomi A F C

Mar 18, 2018

I learned too much in this course and solved some doubts, I'm excited so I'll take more Korean courses on this platform, the only thing I would like to suggest, is that the lessons have subtitles in Spanish since not all of them contained it, I'm Mexican and I speak Spanish so it got a bit complicated. That's all, thank you very much