Back to First Step Korean

Jan 07, 2018

351 - 375 of 6,308 Reviews for First Step Korean

By Christina I

Jul 07, 2020

The course was easy to follow and the professor gives a lot of good vocabulary to know as well as offering simple and easy to understand breakdowns of how certain sentences are structured. I also liked how she provided help with pronunciation! Really good beginner class to take to know the basics :)

By Natthaya C

I really like this course.

I have learned and practiced Korean grammar skills.

Speaking, writing and others in this course.

Thank you to teacher Seung Hae Kang for each lesson in detail and easy to understand.

You help me understand Korean better.

And thank you for the free courses and certificates.

By Hyeonguk R [

Aug 18, 2020

As a Korean who moved to the US when I was very little, I had no chance to learn Korean. Although my parents spoke it all the time, I was more comfortable with English. This course helped me understand the basics and allowed me to communicate more freely with my parents. thank You so much!!!!! :D

By Lois D C

Aug 08, 2020

Prof. Seung Hae Kang really explained every meaning and use of each word. Before, I only use applications in my phone to learn Korean. Thankfully I learned about this course. I am now more eager to learn more about the Korean language. Thank you so much and may you help more people in the future!

By Arvi M A

Jul 04, 2016

Very good! I already learn the basic before actually. But after join this class, i learn a lot since we learn it from a native speaker. Thank you for Professor Kang, i really enjoy your class. Hope you will open the next level so i can learn more about korea, the language and also the culture. :)

By Vai c b

Oct 09, 2020

Eu amei este curso , foi muito instrutivo , aprendi muito e com certeza vou continuar estudando coreano. Obrigada!

저는이 과정을 좋아했고 매우 유익했고 많은 것을 배웠으며 앞으로도 한국어를 계속 공부할 것입니다. 감사합니다!

I loved this course, it was very instructive, I learned a lot and I will definitely continue to study Korean. Thank you!

By Khushi T

Sep 28, 2020

It's an amazing experience to learn at Coursera, the professor is calm and tries to explain every little point with a complete curiosity which keeps you engaged in learning. It was really helpful to me and I'm glad my university took this step to help us learn better. This platform is worth it.

By Ong S Y

Jul 03, 2020

Interesting slide content with illustrator and important notes. I love the way of teacher in explaining and elaborating the content. Highly recommend for beginner learner to take this course. You definitely can learn in fun environment.

Thank you, Professor Seung Hae Kang and Yonsei University!

By Silvina R C

May 02, 2020

I really liked the teaching metod, it is very organised and easy to follow. I was a really nice learning experience and I feel that this course is a great introduction into Korean culture and, of course, language. I recommend it 100% for anyone wanting to start learning this wonderful language.

By Dwi R Y

Sep 16, 2020

I've learn korean for 2 years, I need more practice for improve my korean language. So great to know this course specially from my favorit university in korean. Hopefully I can continue my study in there. thank you so much for all the team of "First Step Korean" , this course is help me a lot.

By Khyara V

Jun 20, 2020

Es un curso muy útil que me permitió aprender las bases de la lengua coreana, me gustó mucho la manera en la que se presentan los ejercicios de práctica para mejorar la pronunciación. Así mismo me gustó que explican situaciones que son particulares de la cultura y que también afecta la lengua.

By Watan K

Jun 13, 2020

It was really good to start using coursera for improving my korean skills.

Hope this course could be able to give a free certificate to those who are willing to learn, and study korean, also to work there but still a poor student in their country

Watan from Syria ( second year medical student)

By Jesse O

Sep 18, 2019

I liked this course a lot! I just wish that more of the sentences would have had a literal translation so that during a lesson or test you could be able to recall certain vocabulary words. Often ties during tests I could not figure out which words were which and the proper grammar structure.

By Merlina J

Oct 13, 2020

I learned a lot about the language. The teaching method is very effective. It's simple and easy. I am able to learn the Korean Language just as I learned my native language,it's that effective.

If you have the potential, then Coursera helps you to make it possible completely...in my opinion!!

By Samantha A R

Aug 15, 2020

It's really good, you can really come from knowing nothing to get some good advices and very useful knowledge. Just that it matters a lot how commited you are to learn by yourself with all the tools that you're handed. I liked it a lot, and it was something interesting to do during vacations.

By Aurora G

Jul 30, 2020

Although I already have some knowledge about the Korean Language, this course was still very helpful since it breaks down the challenging parts such as the pronunciation of words that differ from how they are spelled. The information about the culture was also interesting to learn. Thank you!

By Савчукова А Е

Aug 01, 2017

Quite a good system of learning the basics of the language within a short period of time though after this course I still don`t get the sentence structure and the main grammar rules. However, this course helped me to understand Hangul which is very important for my feature studies. Thank you!

By Marselina U W

Jul 02, 2020

The course is very useful and the teacher helps us easily understand the materials. Before this course, I tried several learning materials, but this one is really cover the whole basic understanding quickly. I highly recommended this course for anyone who wants to understand Korean language.

By Melissa Y L

It’s easy to follow. Information is in bite sized and doesn’t overwhelm you. The patterns and irregularities in verbs are explained so clearly so that everything makes sense. I really like how the sentences and words are pronounced so clearly so you get a very good sense of how it is spoken.

By kiran s

May 22, 2020

I can read korean and write it.. I will work hard on my vocabulary to talk with native speaker and speak fluently..the teacher is so good nd the way she teaxh is superb..thanks coursera for making it possible to learn korean during this quarantine time..also big thanks to Yongsei university.

By Yulitza B

Apr 09, 2020

I already knew some about the korean language, but now I can say that I can understand a bit of korean culture and why they are so proud about their language. Although it's hard to get the hang of it, it's really easy once you learn the alphabet and learn the numbers -both systems- by heart.

By Nicole B

Nov 06, 2019

I finally found a practical Korean course divided into 5 weeks of learning, it’s provided by Yonsei university one of the best Korean universities, and I learned more in these days compared to years trying to sort out things by myself on the book! It’s really simple and good I recommend it.

By Marilyn E M O

Sep 18, 2020

I am really thankful to Yonsei University for the chance to learn Korean all the way from Mexico, but even more thankful to our teacher Kang Seunhae for being so clear and detailed at explaining every little aspect of the learning units. I definitely improved my pronunciation thanks to her.

By Maria C L

Sep 05, 2020

i really liked this course since it was quite short and well explained. spanish is my first language so the spanish subtitles were very helpful along with the englih spoken explanation, i was able to make my english better and learn korean. this was really helpful! thank you for this. :) x!

By Priscilla T D T

Aug 29, 2020

It was a highly informative course. At the end of the course, understanding and speaking Korean may still be a challenge. But you will somehow be able to begin to use context clues in listening to sentences or people speaking in Korean. The vocabulary given every week has been very helpful.