Back to First Step Korean

Jun 7, 2017

151 - 175 of 7,102 Reviews for First Step Korean

By Yuki K S N

Jan 13, 2019

Very informative on the formal and informal ways of speaking Korean. I learnt a lot of vocabulary and understood Korean pronunciation better as well. I also reinforced my knowledge of numbers and the system of alphabets in Korea. However, the course might be too fast for someone who is entirely new to the Korean language. Probably recommended to do some reading first before getting into this course, which may become stressful over time. Thank you, Yonsei Univesity!

By Daniela S

Sep 26, 2017

Great course! The teacher speaks slowly enough that you can keep up with the reading.

If you want a starter's pack to Korean, this is it. It doesn't focus too much on grammar or theory, but on what you actually need to know.

One thing that confused me at first was the order of the materials in class. Because it starts with a dialog, moves on to vocabulary, and goes back to the dialog. Once I got used to that, it was very enjoyable to follow this course!

고맙습니다 :)

By Alexis V

Dec 14, 2020

This short course about Korean Language has been very helpful to me since I always watch Korean dramas and listen to K-pop songs. I wanted to understand what I'm watching without depending so much on the subtitles. This course gave me an in-depth learning about Korean language and culture. I hope that I'll be able to practice and to apply what I've learned in my daily life. By the way, Ms. Seung Hae Kang deserves a credit for being an effective online teacher.

By Jamara L A

Oct 15, 2020

I had an experience studying Korean language before but I wasn't able to study the beginner level due to my knowledge on how to read and write Hangul plus the greetings and some vocabularies that I know. With these course I learned a lot especially the culture of Korea and how Korean alphabets where made aside from that my knowledge and vocabularies got deeper with this course, hopefully there will be next course for this lesson. How about Korean 2? Thank you!

By Hadassa

Este curso es realmete la introduccion al coreano, si no sabes nada sobre este idioma , va a ser de gran ayuda para ti como lo fue conmigo. La maestra Seung es realmente buena explicando los conceptos, pronunciacion y gramática. Poco a poco tambien se apremde a ser autodidacta... por lógica y observando detenidamente las oraciones tambien vas comprendiendo, como se aplican algunos terminos. Aparte que te los explican pero th por tu parte tendrás entendimiento.

By Pitchakorn K

This course is very useful for people who would like to learn first step about Korean language. There is a lot of data that make me more understand about creating a sentence in daily life and also can respond to Korean people in a simple conversation. The teacher's explanations is clearly and easy to understand any lesson that they prepare for us and also videos are good! For me, I really like this course and I'll spend more time to practice this language. ^^

By Holly S

Working with Yonsei Unversity through Coursera has been an amazing opportunity. I had been searching for a formal, online way to learn & study the basics of the Korean language, and this was exactly what I was looking for! Seung Hae Kang is an exceptional professor, and I enjoyed learning from each of the units of this course. First Step Korean has inspired me to continue furthering my education of the Korean language. To Yonsei University & Coursera: 감사합니다!

By Cheryl M

Sep 17, 2016

This was such a fun and great course to follow. I really want to learn more Korean and this is great for starters. You will learn how to write Hangul and speak in a very easy way. The classes are not too difficult and you can keep up easily if you spend the time each week on each course. I recommend this for everyone who wants to learn the basics of Korean language. I finished today and I can't wait to get my certificate. Thank you so much Yonsei University!

By Elanur T

Jun 21, 2020

I didn't know anything about Korean, even though I am really interested in Korean Culture and also love listening to Kpop. Basically other then a few vocabulary that I knew, I could't read it or didn't know anything about the grammar. This course makes it so easy the learn, the videos are short and easy to understand and the quiz questions are also easy when you understood the topic. Overall it makes learning Korean easier, I would definitely recommend it.

By Keema

Sep 3, 2020

I really loved it. And since I was already interested in learning Korean this is the perfect way for me to kick start my journey especially since I'm home quarantined and my school hasn't started yet. I used this opportunity to focus on my Korean. Thank you for providing this. Even though I would have loved to start with the FORMAL way because I read that it was impolite to use the INFORMAL way to someone you just met but thank you for greatly helping me.

By Belem P D L F

Jun 13, 2020

I was extremely nervous and hesitant about taking this course. I finally took it and since I had time, I dedicated my free time to this class and to doing the assignments/exercises. If you put in the time to study, you will succeed. My Korean is definitely better than it was. I will continue learning and have been trying to sharpen my skills by listening to see what I can understand from YouTube videos and trying to read what I can because of this class.

By Armando L

Feb 7, 2018

This course was really great, the teacher was fantastic, everything was well structured and it really was a great starting point to learn this amazing and interesting language and culture. I'll definitely take my time to practice what I've learned and will try to do other courses in more advanced levels to master the Korean language. Thank you for offering this online, thank you for sharing your beautiful culture with the world. I wish it were longer!

By Nurse R

May 23, 2020

Thank you very much for creating this fantastic course! I like this course so much. I have been enjoying myself studying these Korean lessons for full five weeks. Those are 5 weeks of happiness. I will try my best to improve my Korean skills. Thank you professor for teaching me. I like your accent, your voice and the way you explain every little detail to me. I wish you the best. Stay safe and stay healthy during this current situation. Take care :)

By Emal R

Feb 20, 2017

I can hoenstly say that languages is something I have never excelled at but for whatever reason I managed to get a hold of the Korean alphabet and learn some basic conversation because of this course. The teaching, vocabulary provided and exerciess make the course interesting. Highly recommend the course to anyone who has a genuine passion and interest in the language for whatever reason (I started off as someone who just enjoys K-drama). Good luck!

By Maria G T

Jan 14, 2018

Desde hace mucho tiempo estaba intentando aprender Coreano por mi cuenta pero se me hacía muy difícil, ahora gracias a este curso pude aprender a leer y escribir en Hangul. Además, pude adquirir una noción básica del idioma. Es un curso de muy buena calidad y con subtítulos en varios idiomas que permiten un aprendizaje más sencillo. Sobra decir que ya estoy inscrita en el siguiente y espero que sigan impartiendo mas cursos de Coreano. 고맙습니다

By Hansani W K

Jun 26, 2020

I have really enjoyed learning Korean Language through this First Step Korean by Yonsei University as a Sri Lankan. There are lot of knowledge and skills included in First Step Korean course. And I should mention that the Professor Seung Hae Kang is a great teacher, instructor who helped to achieve a great goal. Thank you so much teacher. I highly recommend First Step Korean by Yonsei University for those who want to learn Korean Language.

By Maria A A

Aug 7, 2020

Before join this course, i already know a little about korean from korean drama and korean music. But after i join this course and learn, i know about how pronounce and utilize korean language in a good way. Professor Kang is a great instructor (Thank you Professor Kang :) ), she explained and guided me very well. This course is easy to follow and very informative because the course is explained korean language that we used in daily life.

By Biren M

Jun 23, 2020

It was a really nice experience to learn Korean language. The course was very interesting with good demo video clips and convenient sentence and phrase examples. This course covers most of the basic things you need to speak and write in Korean when you have a normal conversation with Korean people. After successful completion of this course, you can easily write or speak in Korean about yourself and describe most of the things about you.

By Aditi P

May 3, 2020

Thank you so much for this course. The lessons were easy to understand and comprehend. The forums teams were very helpful too and responded to my questions immediately. I am so happy with this course. Although I wanted to learn Korean out of interest due to k-pop :P , but I feel proud for utilizing this maple of time during this global pandemic. Thank you so much. I really appreciate the efforts put into this.

Regards,

Aditi Pattanaik :)

By Yikella Y

Aug 24, 2020

Really enjoyable course to take. I found this unit really well planned in terms of when topics and new vocabulary were introduced. In fact, this was more helpful than my own university's Korean Beginners course which I paid for! I like to give an hour each day for each week's lesson because I tend to pause and repeat phrases to check my pronunciation; this way I also won't be bored as I get distracted very easily. 한국어를 가르쳐 주셔서 감사합니다!

By Yarelí Z

Dec 16, 2020

Me agradó mucho porque es interactivo y puedo repetir las clases; además si algo no me quedó muy claro puedo regresar sin ningún problema.

La profesora explica muy bien, y las 3 oportunidades en el quiz también es una excelente idea

Sin embargo debo señalar que los subtítulos de las últimas clases no estaban totalmente en español por lo que me demoraba más en comprender lo que explicaba y muchas veces debía ayudarme con el traductor.

By Deborah B

Oct 3, 2020

The pace of the topic discussion is enough for beginners to have. The explanation and examples given on each topic is not confusing to the learner. The lesson is not complicated which really helped a lot in assisting a beginner like me. I need the Korean language skills for my work. I really wanted to master basic conversational speaking skills. Thank you Mrs. Kang and thank you to Yonsei University for their generous assistance.

By Yolanda E S A

Jul 28, 2020

Me encanto el curso, muy bien explicado y los materiales que nos brindaron fueron de gran ayuda, espero que puedan habilitar una continuación para seguir reforzando, desde ya muchas gracias, fue de gran ayuda para abrir el interés para con el idioma.

Ya nos tocará ir practicando con la base dada y de vuelta lo recalco, espero que hagan una continuación del curso, estaría de vuelta participando de ser así.

Gracias.

Yolanda Suárez

By M L

Apr 23, 2019

The course is amazing, very thorough and the professor explains everything in a very clear and polite way. In my opinion, the deadlines of the course are a little bit tight for a full-time worker that wants to study the language because the modules require a lot of self-study during and after; However, the deadlines can be reschedule so that is another plus. Thank you very much Yonsei University and Professor Seung Hae Kang.

By Robert G

Nov 17, 2016

I really liked it! In truth, I had spent time learning Korean years ago (basic) and so this course was more of a refresher for me. However, I recognized that I had lost some words and so this course helped me get back up somewhat. For a 'first step' course, however, it really throws you in the deep end with reading and listening. For those who have never taken any Korean or asian language before, it might be overwhelming.