Back to Learning How To Learn for Youth

Learning How To Learn for Youth, Arizona State University

About this Course

Based on the most popular open online course in the world, this course gives you easy access to the learning techniques used by experts in art, music, literature, math, science, sports, and many other disciplines. No matter what your current skill level, using these approaches can help you master new topics, change your thinking and improve your life. This course explains: * Why sometimes letting your mind wander is an important part of the learning process * How to avoid "rut think" in order to think outside the box * The value of metaphors in developing understanding * A simple, yet powerful, way to stop procrastinating If you’re already an expert, these strategies will turbocharge your learning, including test-taking tips and insights that will help you make the best use of your time on homework and problem sets. We all have the tools to learn what might not seem to come naturally to us at first—the secret is to understand how the brain works so we can unlock its power. Filled with animations, application questions, and exercises, this course makes learning easy and fun!...

By LR

May 13, 2019

I am still seeing octopede/octopuses with tentacles in backpacks or lockers. Wonderful!!! I am a therapist who works with all age children and this will be extremely helpful! Thank you to all of you.

By MT

Feb 24, 2019

Totally enjoyed it. I had taken the Learning How to Learn and decided to listen to the version "for Youth" because I teach and want to implement these learning ideas.

42 Reviews

By Licia Rando

May 13, 2019

By Al Mamun

Apr 29, 2019

I am delighted after finishing this course. This course will help me to study in the right way. Thank you.

By Faruk Abdulla Munshi

Apr 29, 2019

Everybody should take this course to rediscover their potentials.

By Mohamad motaz al-talb

Apr 13, 2019

A must learn for all

By Seo Jeong A

Mar 30, 2019

I understand about How to learn, and I told my friends

By Paul Wilkinson

Mar 27, 2019

Embedding these ideas into institutions that do little to support them currently could be a sea change in the education culture--transforming a conformist and relatively unproductive system into one that supports creativity, multi-field proficiency, better literacy, and the joy of learning.

By 成文辉

Mar 18, 2019

I don't know why this course exists when <Learning How to Learn: Powerful mental tools to help you master tough subjects> is already there.

By fares ELKAMAL

Mar 09, 2019

Very intersting for student and the parents