Back to Learning How To Learn for Youth

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Learning How To Learn for Youth by Arizona State University

Based on the most popular open online course in the world, this course gives you easy access to the learning techniques used by experts in art, music, literature, math, science, sports, and many other disciplines. No matter what your current skill level, using these approaches can help you master new topics, change your thinking and improve your life. This course explains: * Why sometimes letting your mind wander is an important part of the learning process * How to avoid "rut think" in order to think outside the box * The value of metaphors in developing understanding * A simple, yet powerful, way to stop procrastinating If you’re already an expert, these strategies will turbocharge your learning, including test-taking tips and insights that will help you make the best use of your time on homework and problem sets. We all have the tools to learn what might not seem to come naturally to us at first—the secret is to understand how the brain works so we can unlock its power. Filled with animations, application questions, and exercises, this course makes learning easy and fun!...

LR

May 13, 2019

I am still seeing octopede/octopuses with tentacles in backpacks or lockers. Wonderful!!! I am a therapist who works with all age children and this will be extremely helpful! Thank you to all of you.

MT

Feb 24, 2019

Totally enjoyed it. I had taken the Learning How to Learn and decided to listen to the version "for Youth" because I teach and want to implement these learning ideas.

1 - 25 of 50 Reviews for Learning How To Learn for Youth

By 成文辉

Mar 18, 2019

I don't know why this course exists when <Learning How to Learn: Powerful mental tools to help you master tough subjects> is already there.

By Hieu B

Jul 23, 2019

General speaking, the course is great! Knowledgeable interesting instructors, useful contents, awesome presentation. Highly recommended.

By jaden f

Jul 21, 2019

I loved it! It was a great learning experience.

By Rana E

Jul 15, 2019

This course is wonderful and contains a very good and creative explanation. And teachers their way above the wonderful and I really benefited from this course and exceeded my expectations and I hope everyone to benefit from this course like me

By Margarita

Jun 28, 2019

This is one of the best courses on studying techniques for adolescents! It´s simple and deep at the same time.

I´m a teacher and have used it with my students since long ago. I started showing them the course Learning How to Learn and now I switched to this one.

I would love to be able to have this course translated to Spanish!

By MD B

May 28, 2019

This is a nice course. I got lots of tips and knowledge on how to study effectively.

By Dr G B

n

t!

By Jaber A

May 24, 2019

A wonderful training session for the ideas of the beautiful and creative

By Ghada K

May 21, 2019

I am so grateful for having taken this course. It has been really helpful to me on both personal and professional levels. I loved that the instructors could simplify lots of scientific material about how our brain works through the learning process, and they made it really easy to understand. I also found the content relevant, applicable and clear. And I will recommend it to everyone I know, whether they are students or not.

By Licia R

May 13, 2019

By Al M

Apr 29, 2019

I am delighted after finishing this course. This course will help me to study in the right way. Thank you.

By Faruk A M

Apr 29, 2019

Everybody should take this course to rediscover their potentials.

By Mohamad m a

Apr 13, 2019

A must learn for all

By Seo J A

Mar 30, 2019

I understand about How to learn, and I told my friends

By Paul W

Mar 27, 2019

Embedding these ideas into institutions that do little to support them currently could be a sea change in the education culture--transforming a conformist and relatively unproductive system into one that supports creativity, multi-field proficiency, better literacy, and the joy of learning.

By fares E

Mar 09, 2019

Very intersting for student and the parents

By Steven C

Mar 06, 2019

Although this is promoted as a somewhat simpler version of the popular MOOC "Learning How To Learn", I found the lectures, and particularly the examples and explanations much easier to understand and apply than those of the more detailed course. The use of all of the instructors in most of the videos instead of only having one in a particular video made the videos more interesting and memorable.

I HIGHLY recommend this course for ANYONE, but especially for ANY student, at any grade level from possibly third grade on up. Also take the original course too, for more details and references. But at a minimum, anyone who wants to learn more effectively should take this course NOW!

By Alejandro P I

Mar 04, 2019

It's the best course, and the most useful one I've taken in my life. (and that I'm in my 50!)

By Hritika P

Mar 04, 2019

I'll definitely work on the ideas that were mentioned in this course. I also enjoyed a lot!

By Mohammad M A

Mar 03, 2019

It is a wonderful and useful course

By Antonio C

Feb 27, 2019

Maravilloso, me ha ayudado mucho en la educación de mis hijos y en la mía propia.

By Anya S

Feb 25, 2019

Very easy, funny and extremely useful course for young people, parents and teachers. Taking this course you can get some basic knowledge how your brain and memory works. Learn some tricks how to fight your procrastination and successfully pass the tests!

By Monica T